Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandCarminatagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- best square-toed shoes Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:25am in Classic Menswear
- **Drops** Crockett and Jones wallabee style boot, 10d Last post on 9/20/11 at 8:05pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes - Page 21post #302 of 4179/6/12 at 6:51pmpost #303 of 4179/6/12 at 6:53pmpost #304 of 4179/6/12 at 6:58pmpost #305 of 4179/6/12 at 7:50pmpost #306 of 4179/7/12 at 1:46ampost #307 of 4179/7/12 at 5:45ampost #308 of 4179/7/12 at 5:51ampost #309 of 4179/7/12 at 8:10ampost #310 of 4179/7/12 at 4:09pmpost #311 of 4179/7/12 at 7:27pmpost #312 of 4179/7/12 at 7:36pmQuote:
Suits go through wear and tear as well and are as easily damaged. Old suits and old shoes are what makes them unique, special, and personal.post #313 of 4179/8/12 at 2:29pmQuote:
Well made Shoes will outlast any suit, However, Well made suits will outlast anything, that is if you do not gain too much wait.
You are more likely to change suit size than shoe size. I will always put my money on a MTO/ bespoke made shoes over any other sartorial item in my wardrobe.post #314 of 4179/8/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
I can promise you that if you frequented the world's finest hotels and spent your time in meetings with the people that frequent them, that you would very quickly see that amongst that crowd those who wear top tier RTW and bespoke shoes represent perhaps 50% or more of the upper echelon. Of course this is a very rarified environment, I do admit that. .
LOL, you've watched too much TV.
People are top tier hotels are new money trash wearing sweat pants and t-shirts.
And the people there on business are wearing Men's Warehouse suits and square toed shoes.post #315 of 4179/8/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
Well, perhaps in your experience. But not in mine.
Of course those people do exist in such places. But there also are a high number of men who are well turned out.
I can only presume that it is you who watches too much TV. Or that your experience is limited to the US. In which case I can somewhat agree.
However, in much of the rest of the world there is still an appreciation for dressing well. And you will often encounter businessmen who are well tailored and expensively shod, if not sartorially inspired.
I find it fascinating that people come on around here and attempt to tell others that their own personal observations of their professional/work environment is false and baseless. Surely you realize that I have eyes, and pay attention to what is going on around me. How on earth can you presume that your knowledge/experience is more accurate if you don't have the same exposure/experience?
My guess, is that people think that I am implying that I am somehow better, richer, of a superior social class, etc. etc. Yet over and over again I make it clear that I am just corporate VP level paygrade in a creative industry who happens to work in the top tier of luxury hotel design around the world. I'm not rich, or priviledged - but many of my clients are. That's all I'm saying. That I have a unique exposure to a certain sort of lifestyle that few others here happen to have personal experience of. It's no big deal.
I cannot comprehend how it is so hard for people to imagine that when conducting business with these people that one does well to look expensively dressed.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1169 Active Users (226 Members and 943 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Cheapies 2016 Thread - Thrifted Find of the Year 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 9 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding