Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandCarminatagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:02 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 12/24/14 at 7:15am in Classic Menswear
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- best square-toed shoes Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:25am in Classic Menswear
- **Drops** Crockett and Jones wallabee style boot, 10d Last post on 9/20/11 at 8:05pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes - Page 21
Styleforum Top Pickspost #302 of 4169/6/12 at 6:51pmpost #303 of 4169/6/12 at 6:53pmpost #304 of 4169/6/12 at 6:58pmpost #305 of 4169/6/12 at 7:50pmpost #306 of 4169/7/12 at 1:46ampost #307 of 4169/7/12 at 5:45ampost #308 of 4169/7/12 at 5:51ampost #309 of 4169/7/12 at 8:10ampost #310 of 4169/7/12 at 4:09pmpost #311 of 4169/7/12 at 7:27pmpost #312 of 4169/7/12 at 7:36pmQuote:
Suits go through wear and tear as well and are as easily damaged. Old suits and old shoes are what makes them unique, special, and personal.post #313 of 4169/8/12 at 2:29pmQuote:
Well made Shoes will outlast any suit, However, Well made suits will outlast anything, that is if you do not gain too much wait.
You are more likely to change suit size than shoe size. I will always put my money on a MTO/ bespoke made shoes over any other sartorial item in my wardrobe.post #314 of 4169/8/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
I can promise you that if you frequented the world's finest hotels and spent your time in meetings with the people that frequent them, that you would very quickly see that amongst that crowd those who wear top tier RTW and bespoke shoes represent perhaps 50% or more of the upper echelon. Of course this is a very rarified environment, I do admit that. .
LOL, you've watched too much TV.
People are top tier hotels are new money trash wearing sweat pants and t-shirts.
And the people there on business are wearing Men's Warehouse suits and square toed shoes.post #315 of 4169/8/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
Well, perhaps in your experience. But not in mine.
Of course those people do exist in such places. But there also are a high number of men who are well turned out.
I can only presume that it is you who watches too much TV. Or that your experience is limited to the US. In which case I can somewhat agree.
However, in much of the rest of the world there is still an appreciation for dressing well. And you will often encounter businessmen who are well tailored and expensively shod, if not sartorially inspired.
I find it fascinating that people come on around here and attempt to tell others that their own personal observations of their professional/work environment is false and baseless. Surely you realize that I have eyes, and pay attention to what is going on around me. How on earth can you presume that your knowledge/experience is more accurate if you don't have the same exposure/experience?
My guess, is that people think that I am implying that I am somehow better, richer, of a superior social class, etc. etc. Yet over and over again I make it clear that I am just corporate VP level paygrade in a creative industry who happens to work in the top tier of luxury hotel design around the world. I'm not rich, or priviledged - but many of my clients are. That's all I'm saying. That I have a unique exposure to a certain sort of lifestyle that few others here happen to have personal experience of. It's no big deal.
I cannot comprehend how it is so hard for people to imagine that when conducting business with these people that one does well to look expensively dressed.
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Currently, there are 1040 Active Users (149 Members and 891 Guests)
- › The Grad Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › vashikaran love specialist 9888673540 1 minute ago
- › UK-USa-UAe+91-8441977406 lOvE(@pRoBlEm sOlUtIoN mOlViji 1 minute ago
- › love specialist astrologer 9888673540 2 minutes ago
- › love back specialist 9888673540 2 minutes ago
- › love marriage specialist +91-9855543303 3 minutes ago
- › online love problem solution pandit ji**lords +91-9888673540 4 minutes ago
- › Tantrik Black Magic |~~ +91-8441977406 HusBaNd-WiFe PrObLem... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays