Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- best square-toed shoes Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- **Drops** Crockett and Jones wallabee style boot, 10d Last post on 9/20/11 at 8:05pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Your Go-to Dress Shoe Brand Last post on 1/2/13 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Comprehensive List of Links to High-End Shoes Last post on 2/14/12 at 1:58am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Edited on 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Edited on 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Edited on 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes - Page 21post #302 of 4159/6/12 at 6:51pmpost #303 of 4159/6/12 at 6:53pmpost #304 of 4159/6/12 at 6:58pmpost #305 of 4159/6/12 at 7:50pmpost #306 of 4159/7/12 at 1:46ampost #307 of 4159/7/12 at 5:45ampost #308 of 4159/7/12 at 5:51ampost #309 of 4159/7/12 at 8:10ampost #310 of 4159/7/12 at 4:09pmpost #311 of 4159/7/12 at 7:27pmpost #312 of 4159/7/12 at 7:36pmQuote:
Suits go through wear and tear as well and are as easily damaged. Old suits and old shoes are what makes them unique, special, and personal.post #313 of 4159/8/12 at 2:29pmQuote:
Well made Shoes will outlast any suit, However, Well made suits will outlast anything, that is if you do not gain too much wait.
You are more likely to change suit size than shoe size. I will always put my money on a MTO/ bespoke made shoes over any other sartorial item in my wardrobe.post #314 of 4159/8/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
I can promise you that if you frequented the world's finest hotels and spent your time in meetings with the people that frequent them, that you would very quickly see that amongst that crowd those who wear top tier RTW and bespoke shoes represent perhaps 50% or more of the upper echelon. Of course this is a very rarified environment, I do admit that. .
LOL, you've watched too much TV.
People are top tier hotels are new money trash wearing sweat pants and t-shirts.
And the people there on business are wearing Men's Warehouse suits and square toed shoes.post #315 of 4159/8/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
Well, perhaps in your experience. But not in mine.
Of course those people do exist in such places. But there also are a high number of men who are well turned out.
I can only presume that it is you who watches too much TV. Or that your experience is limited to the US. In which case I can somewhat agree.
However, in much of the rest of the world there is still an appreciation for dressing well. And you will often encounter businessmen who are well tailored and expensively shod, if not sartorially inspired.
I find it fascinating that people come on around here and attempt to tell others that their own personal observations of their professional/work environment is false and baseless. Surely you realize that I have eyes, and pay attention to what is going on around me. How on earth can you presume that your knowledge/experience is more accurate if you don't have the same exposure/experience?
My guess, is that people think that I am implying that I am somehow better, richer, of a superior social class, etc. etc. Yet over and over again I make it clear that I am just corporate VP level paygrade in a creative industry who happens to work in the top tier of luxury hotel design around the world. I'm not rich, or priviledged - but many of my clients are. That's all I'm saying. That I have a unique exposure to a certain sort of lifestyle that few others here happen to have personal experience of. It's no big deal.
I cannot comprehend how it is so hard for people to imagine that when conducting business with these people that one does well to look expensively dressed.
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Currently, there are 852 Active Users (163 Members and 689 Guests)
- › Finsbury shoes 8 seconds ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 59 seconds ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Less "Douchey" alternative to the Boat Shoe? 4 minutes ago
- › Let's crank out 100k pull-ups this year: 2013 Edition 7 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 8 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 11 minutes ago
- › Where to find a loafer, but with white sole like a boat shoe? 13 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw