Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandCarminatagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 9/11/14 at 11:44am in Classic Menswear
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- best square-toed shoes Last post on 11/10/13 at 12:25am in Classic Menswear
- **Drops** Crockett and Jones wallabee style boot, 10d Last post on 9/20/11 at 8:05pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Your Go-to Dress Shoe Brand Last post on 6/1/13 at 4:08pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes - Page 21
Styleforum Top Pickspost #302 of 4159/6/12 at 6:51pmpost #303 of 4159/6/12 at 6:53pmpost #304 of 4159/6/12 at 6:58pmpost #305 of 4159/6/12 at 7:50pmpost #306 of 4159/7/12 at 1:46ampost #307 of 4159/7/12 at 5:45ampost #308 of 4159/7/12 at 5:51ampost #309 of 4159/7/12 at 8:10ampost #310 of 4159/7/12 at 4:09pmpost #311 of 4159/7/12 at 7:27pmpost #312 of 4159/7/12 at 7:36pmQuote:
Suits go through wear and tear as well and are as easily damaged. Old suits and old shoes are what makes them unique, special, and personal.post #313 of 4159/8/12 at 2:29pmQuote:
Well made Shoes will outlast any suit, However, Well made suits will outlast anything, that is if you do not gain too much wait.
You are more likely to change suit size than shoe size. I will always put my money on a MTO/ bespoke made shoes over any other sartorial item in my wardrobe.post #314 of 4159/8/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
I can promise you that if you frequented the world's finest hotels and spent your time in meetings with the people that frequent them, that you would very quickly see that amongst that crowd those who wear top tier RTW and bespoke shoes represent perhaps 50% or more of the upper echelon. Of course this is a very rarified environment, I do admit that. .
LOL, you've watched too much TV.
People are top tier hotels are new money trash wearing sweat pants and t-shirts.
And the people there on business are wearing Men's Warehouse suits and square toed shoes.post #315 of 4159/8/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
Well, perhaps in your experience. But not in mine.
Of course those people do exist in such places. But there also are a high number of men who are well turned out.
I can only presume that it is you who watches too much TV. Or that your experience is limited to the US. In which case I can somewhat agree.
However, in much of the rest of the world there is still an appreciation for dressing well. And you will often encounter businessmen who are well tailored and expensively shod, if not sartorially inspired.
I find it fascinating that people come on around here and attempt to tell others that their own personal observations of their professional/work environment is false and baseless. Surely you realize that I have eyes, and pay attention to what is going on around me. How on earth can you presume that your knowledge/experience is more accurate if you don't have the same exposure/experience?
My guess, is that people think that I am implying that I am somehow better, richer, of a superior social class, etc. etc. Yet over and over again I make it clear that I am just corporate VP level paygrade in a creative industry who happens to work in the top tier of luxury hotel design around the world. I'm not rich, or priviledged - but many of my clients are. That's all I'm saying. That I have a unique exposure to a certain sort of lifestyle that few others here happen to have personal experience of. It's no big deal.
I cannot comprehend how it is so hard for people to imagine that when conducting business with these people that one does well to look expensively dressed.
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Currently, there are 1488 Active Users (418 Members and 1070 Guests)
- › Visvim Juneau Weld Light Indigo Shirt size 2 . New with Tags 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Norse Projects Villads Heavy Shirt in Brick. Size Small 2 minutes ago
- › Grey Kenneth Cole Gilet in Medium 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Samurai Jeans -15oz S003JP Yamato 15th Anniversary Model 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)