or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › NIKE Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NIKE Thread - Page 303

post #4531 of 8064
I've only ever kopped Nikes at retail, too. They're such a bad deal at retail that it's hard to stomach reseller prices even if you can easily afford them (which anyone copping CP's or MMM should). I almost made an exception for the Doernbecher AJ3, but saw it in person and saw how poor the quality was for something that was going for 6 bills plus in the secondary market. One of these days, I'll still make an exception for the white/cement OG AJ4's which are my long lost original pair of Nikes

Another interesting thing is that Nike priced the latest 5 retros a lot closer to the current eBay price for Jordan retros, which means they're trying to capture more of the true market value of these shoes. Does that mean the ceiling will readjust itself, or will resellers essentially stop making profits?
post #4532 of 8064
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I've only ever kopped Nikes at retail, too. They're such a bad deal at retail that it's hard to stomach reseller prices even if you can easily afford them (which anyone copping CP's or MMM should). I almost made an exception for the Doernbecher AJ3, but saw it in person and saw how poor the quality was for something that was going for 6 bills plus in the secondary market. One of these days, I'll still make an exception for the white/cement OG AJ4's which are my long lost original pair of Nikes

Another interesting thing is that Nike priced the latest 5 retros a lot closer to the current eBay price for Jordan retros, which means they're trying to capture more of the true market value of these shoes. Does that mean the ceiling will readjust itself, or will resellers essentially stop making profits?
FYI the quality on the most recent iteration of the white/cement AJ 4s is pretty bad.


The latest Jordan 5s, the Oreos, retail for $170. The $170 started 2 retroes ago with the 10s. The Laney 5s also retailed for $170, which was the previous retro 5s prior to the Oreos. All of these are General Releases, which suck for reselling. You can maybe make $20 profit on them. Ebay is a pretty horrible place to look at prices since there is a lot of shilling that goes on. Your local Craigslist is a more realistic place to determine market value.

Resellers will never stop making profits. It is so ridiculous now that coders are making money off as an effect. There's been several folks who wrote scripts and sell them to thousands of kids at $20-30 a pop...not bad for a day's work. This means that if you have no scripts/bots along with some fast internet connection and a fast computer, you will never be able to cop anything limited on launch day. Look at those DB Foams and Xs that launched last week. The Foams retailed for $250 and was going for $1,000 the next day. This is where the profit is made, not trying to gain minimal margin from flipping General Releases. There were folks who ended up with 10+ pairs of each so yeah, I would have done the same in flipping them.

Nike is fully aware of what's going on. Trust they have analysts lurking NT, ISS, eBay, etc. for the current trends. They created the hype, now they control it. It is laughable the extreme lengths these kids go to buy what is deemed 'heat', ie boosting up their computer, adjusting hops, ping, etc. Nike does have a 'fraud' dept. that cancels suspicious orders though, ie those with bots. They cancel orders that are placed too fast or suspicion that they weren't made by human beings. Of course, there are bots to counter that too, lol. They mimic mouse clicks and all that jazz.

Lucky for me, you don't really need a bot to get General Releases since they are so heavily produced...6 figure range. The only pair that I wanted and struck out was the black Grapes. I'm not part of the new age that get the Quickstrike stuff.
post #4533 of 8064
Yellowed soles on infrareds look uhoh.gif

I have no other choice than to baby mine
post #4534 of 8064
Does anyone know of a coupon code for sports authority? Looking to grab a pair of those navy flyknit lunars. TIA
post #4535 of 8064
damn wis sonds like you still keep up with all the information/current trends on this stuff

ever since i grew up i couldn't care less about knowing how all this shit works luckily and I think most of these shoes look goofy as fuck anyway
post #4536 of 8064
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

damn wis sonds like you still keep up with all the information/current trends on this stuff

ever since i grew up i couldn't care less about knowing how all this shit works luckily and I think most of these shoes look goofy as fuck anyway
I do. I usually keep up with the releases I want. I only started again about a year ago since I wanted those black toe 13s. Being an enthusiast of business in general, I find it extremely interesting on how the market has evolved and how lucrative the market has become. I don't know stuff about the new signature shoes like KD and Lebron though. Those players came after my time.
post #4537 of 8064
I'm with you retail or skip. Trying to get in the mindset of getting the Black and Red 1s. Copped the Navy 1s instead of the Black Red 1s in 2001 (regret).
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

The Taxi 12s will be a general release. I really want those. I wanted them back in middle school, but mom didn't want to pay over $100 for kicks. I had to rock Big 5 Nikes back then.

I was on that too and the JC Penny Forces for the longest... Mom finally gave in with the Playoff 12s.
post #4538 of 8064
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaysoy View Post

I'm with you retail or skip. Trying to get in the mindset of getting the Black and Red 1s. Copped the Navy 1s instead of the Black Red 1s in 2001 (regret).
I was on that too and the JC Penny Forces for the longest... Mom finally gave in with the Playoff 12s.
Remember when Sears and JCP used to carry the Jordans though?! I only has a pair of sneakers per semester. About $50 to 75 was my limit.
post #4539 of 8064
any place better than ebay to pick up a pair of air jordans? looking for the 5s, specifically
post #4540 of 8064
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

Does anyone know of a coupon code for sports authority? Looking to grab a pair of those navy flyknit lunars. TIA

make sure to check this page regularly and hope another employee 25% off code shows up:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/sportsauthority.com




agh, i actually saw the one (code) posted in this thread earlier before it was actually posted but my dumb self thought that "hey, maybe the lunars will go down even more during the black friday weekend so let's just wait"

then i saw another one (through refreshing the above link) but it was already taken down by the time i tried to use it
post #4541 of 8064
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

any place better than ebay to pick up a pair of air jordans? looking for the 5s, specifically
Like I mentioned before, your local Craigslist. The GR 5s that released this year should go for MSRP and tax. Certainly no more than $200 for a new pair.
post #4542 of 8064
looking for the 5s in fire red, expect to pay more than $200?
post #4543 of 8064
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

looking for the 5s in fire red, expect to pay more than $200?
No way. Both the 3M Tongue and Black Tongue (both came out in 2013) should be $200 MAX.

They didn't even sell out instantly. I picked up 2 pairs for my friends at retail on release date for the Black Tongue joints.
post #4544 of 8064
FK air max looks kind of cool..
post #4545 of 8064
Thread Starter 
AM Lunar90
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › NIKE Thread