or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › NIKE Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NIKE Thread - Page 283

post #4231 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeee View Post



I might have met the real-life version of this guy on the Sydney streets. Top to toe in Gyakusou gear.

Saw the same guy in Milano on a fixie.
post #4232 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

^ thanks! They are the Lunars. Seems like they will be fine...just a little snug over top of big toe, but still have a little room.

Related: do they stretch at all? Didn't think they would, but if they do a little, that would account for it just fine.

 

 

They don't really stretch much. I wear a 10 across the lunar 1's, trainers and racers. While while the racers are a smidge looser than I'd like, they all fit about the same.

post #4233 of 7697
To the dudes who train in their Flyknits regularly: how are they holding up?

I bought my pair back around early August and I think they're pretty worn at this point. I use them 6-7 times a week, usually for 2-3 miles each time while at the gym and 4-5 miles leisure run around the neighborhood (1-2 times a week). They feel pretty squishy now and they don't rebound as quick.
post #4234 of 7697
I walk/hike/plyo in mine (bought OG's right After release), and they're definitely showing their age. Still comfy, but the flywires are starting to snap (really dumb) and they generally are beginning to look beat up. No real structural damage yet, but there's no way they'll last as long as even my Adidas running shoes. Bad value, still love them. Perfect for summer.
post #4235 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

I walk/hike/plyo in mine (bought OG's right After release), and they're definitely showing their age. Still comfy, but the flywires are starting to snap (really dumb) and they generally are beginning to look beat up. No real structural damage yet, but there's no way they'll last as long as even my Adidas running shoes. Bad value, still love them. Perfect for summer.
How often do you use them? Agreed on the value part since I paid retail for this pair. I have another pair that I got on sale, thinking about using them to wear casually instead of working out in them now.

The flywire snapping is a huge concern on multiple models too, since that's where the lace loops through. Agreed that they're still comfy, but I do definite notice a difference when running at fast paces. The shoes just feel mushy and unresponsive.
post #4236 of 7697

Shouldn't Nike cover the shoes if the flywire breaks? If not, that's a shame. I haven't worn my lunars enough to run into that but to me that seems to be a structural defect rather than a normal wear and tear problem.

post #4237 of 7697

I've had a couple of pairs of fk lunars since the spring and they're still holding out well (I always rotate 2 pairs). I run 3 times a week, 8ish miles each time and haven't noticed them feeling less responsive although I will probably replace one of the two by the end of the year

post #4238 of 7697
some kind soul please sell me the OG Flyknit Black trainer in US10.5
post #4239 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf54 View Post

Shouldn't Nike cover the shoes if the flywire breaks? If not, that's a shame. I haven't worn my lunars enough to run into that but to me that seems to be a structural defect rather than a normal wear and tear problem.
If this happens to me, I would definitely reach out to Nike for at least a gift card. It was a concern quite a few folks had with the new KDs.
post #4240 of 7697
Been using my Racers for a year now and they are definitely showing their age aesthetically, but from a performance standpoint they're as good as new.
post #4241 of 7697

How do Roshe's fit compared to flyknits (trainers/lunars)?

post #4242 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf54 View Post

Shouldn't Nike cover the shoes if the flywire breaks? If not, that's a shame. I haven't worn my lunars enough to run into that but to me that seems to be a structural defect rather than a normal wear and tear problem.

I think if it's within 2 years of the production date, they will replace the shoes or they'll send something of equal value if they determine that it's due to manufacturer defect from normal wear and tear.
post #4243 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfull View Post

I think if it's within 2 years of the production date, they will replace the shoes or they'll send something of equal value if they determine that it's due to manufacturer defect from normal wear and tear.
It's even a decade or so since I've used this service. Back then they issued a gift card for the msrp of the item if the product was deemed defective.
post #4244 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

To the dudes who train in their Flyknits regularly: how are they holding up?

I bought my pair back around early August and I think they're pretty worn at this point. I use them 6-7 times a week, usually for 2-3 miles each time while at the gym and 4-5 miles leisure run around the neighborhood (1-2 times a week). They feel pretty squishy now and they don't rebound as quick.

I rotate between my Trainers and Racers.

Wore my Trainers last week in the LA Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon, and I got crazy blisters!

Bought a pair of New Balance M1260V3's for future races. Other than that, teh shoes have held up really well.
post #4245 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfull View Post

I think if it's within 2 years of the production date, they will replace the shoes or they'll send something of equal value if they determine that it's due to manufacturer defect from normal wear and tear.

is there a specific email that one should send this email to? the lace thread thing on my flyknit racers broke.. and i don't even train/excercise in these.. just a casual shoe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › NIKE Thread