The Free Run have Flywire, the Trainer has that Chinese finger trap design upper. I think the sole designs are different too.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNiketagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Hattagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNike Sportweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Sweat pantstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dsquared2 white 100% leather high-top athletic sneakers, 42.5/9.5 Last post on 2/27/15 at 5:28am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Neil Barrett white 100% leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Hogan grey/blue low-top 100% suede leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Maison Martin Margiela 3-Strap Velcro High Top Black SIZE 45 Last post on 3/30/14 at 12:34pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- What socks to wear with sneakers/casual shoes? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:08am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
NIKE Thread - Page 261
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3902 of 92509/27/13 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetBQuote:
I wear the same size in the Lunarglide 4 and the Flyknit Trainer.Quote:
In my experience, tailors don't usually like to tailor elasticized cuffs. I looked into it a couple of times for a Harrington jacket, and both tailors told me it wasn't going to turn out well, so I didn't do it. YMMV.Quote:
thanks for the help, guys
are both shoes just as snug as the other (as in the lunarglide and the trainer, not left and right feet lol)?post #3903 of 92509/27/13 at 7:22pmpost #3904 of 92509/27/13 at 7:47pmpost #3905 of 92509/27/13 at 8:14pmpost #3906 of 92509/27/13 at 8:26pmQuote:
dont know about lunarglides, but i have flyknit trainers and the flyknit lunar things, both in the same size, and the latter feel more snug in the toes.post #3907 of 92509/27/13 at 10:30pmpost #3908 of 92509/27/13 at 11:40pmAnyone have recommendations for cold-weather running gear? This is my first year living in a cooler climate, and temps dropped into the 40s this week. Options:
There's also this, but it's $500:
There are a couple of Gyakusou jackets on clearance, but I'm not crazy about any of them and don't want to wait for the new stuff.
Will probably get a few long sleeve Dri-Fit knits for a base layer, maybe a few half-zips. Not sure about bottoms—I have tights, but they're on the short side, and bare ankles may be a deal breaker when the temp drops.post #3909 of 92509/28/13 at 2:39amQuote:
Gym membership and a treadmill? Better yet, move back to a milder climate. Or, even better yet, lift weights and have some discipline with your diet, and cardio becomes unnecessary.post #3910 of 92509/28/13 at 2:50ampost #3911 of 92509/28/13 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyswatterQuote:
Gym membership and a treadmill? Better yet, move back to a milder climate. Or, even better yet, lift weights and have some discipline with your diet, and cardio becomes unnecessary.
I run because I enjoy it, especially outdoors—I'm not looking to avoid it. But yeah, I may end up on an indoor track or something.Quote:
I'd rather stick with Nike since all my other gear is Nike and I'm OCD like that, but I'll look into Heattech too. Thanks.post #3912 of 92509/28/13 at 9:48amI think he was joking about not running..
About Flash jacket, I had the previous iteration, the Vapor Flash that was also like $500 couple years ago (http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/vapor-flash-running-jacket/). Do NOT buy it if the price tag seems remotely expensive which I feel like most of us feel this way.
The reflective coating wears out really fast, like in a few weeks, and even a mild hand wash took off outer layer of coating. Not to mention it is highly noticeable when this happens as you will see dark spots when a light is shone on the jacket (because such spot won't reflect anymore).
If money isn't your concern, it is very unique and cool jacket. But it's not a performance jacket as Nike wants you to think. With that money you can get like 2 full sets of cold running gear (yes from Nike).
Last thing to consider, mine had no perforations IIRC and was warm enough to wear from 0f to 50f. Anywhere above was too hot. With this year's iteration it might actually be the other way around, it being too well ventilated.
Get some Half-zips, wool / knit crews and tights. No need to pick the most expensive ones. I think the Elements and Spheres are water resistant too so there's that.post #3913 of 92509/28/13 at 9:51ampost #3914 of 92509/28/13 at 9:57ampost #3915 of 92509/28/13 at 10:17amchet, i wouldn't drop 500 on anything nike but like ceo said get some element or sphere stuff, you don't need a lot to stay warm since you'll get warm by running but a nice base and jacket over
it's too bad they don't make the jacket i got last year it's quite good and warm, forget the name of it i posted a screenshot i think a long time ago
- NIKE Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
Currently, there are 1523 Active Users (309 Members and 1214 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 56 seconds ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 4 minutes ago
- › salvatore ferragamo and joseph too boot new york: new size 8 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...