If they fix the heel-toe delt and keep the FK upper I'm gonna be in heaven.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNiketagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Hattagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNike Sportweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Sweat pantstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dsquared2 white 100% leather high-top athletic sneakers, 42.5/9.5 Last post on 2/27/15 at 5:28am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Neil Barrett white 100% leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Hogan grey/blue low-top 100% suede leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Maison Martin Margiela 3-Strap Velcro High Top Black SIZE 45 Last post on 3/30/14 at 12:34pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- What socks to wear with sneakers/casual shoes? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:08am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
NIKE Thread - Page 108
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1607 of 92432/18/13 at 7:34pmso i just took the flyknit ones out for a spin tonight. did a 5k at close to my max effort (which really isn't all that great). the lunar soles, no surprise, were much more comfortable and no foot pain whatsoever. there's also more padding cupping the heel, which also was a great benefit. the shoes themselves were still very light, but a significant weight difference from the gen 1 FK trainers. again, no surprise, and they're still very light/lighter than frees, but not near-barefoot light like the original FK'spost #1608 of 92432/18/13 at 7:46pmI did a 5k in my Racers today and my toes really hurt. I'm not sure if it's because of the socks I was wearing or the actual shoe. Gonna buy some proper Nike socks and see if that remedies the problem. If not, I'll have to give my Trainers a try until my Lunars arrive next week. If that doesn't work out, I'll have to order another pair of Racers a half size bigger.post #1609 of 92432/18/13 at 7:53pmpost #1610 of 92432/18/13 at 9:22pmpost #1611 of 92432/18/13 at 11:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by bawlin
I did a 5k in my Racers today and my toes really hurt. I'm not sure if it's because of the socks I was wearing or the actual shoe. Gonna buy some proper Nike socks and see if that remedies the problem. If not, I'll have to give my Trainers a try until my Lunars arrive next week. If that doesn't work out, I'll have to order another pair of Racers a half size bigger.
I race in the FK racers for distances up to the half marathon (would probably use them for a full). - if you sized up a half to full size you should be fine (as is the normal practice for 'performance footwear') Otherwise your feet are probably swelling up. Also the racer is built to be ran fast in. Depending on your running form/weight/pace it is hard to say what is causing the problem. I race in the fk racers, but do most of my mileage in pegasus 29's - the best neutral trainers I have used.
The flyknit trainer and 1 are lightweight neutral shoes - better for runners with good biomechanics and strong legs for things like tempo runs (if you are running in them).post #1612 of 92432/18/13 at 11:37pm^ Thanks for the reply. It was actually just the bottoms of my toes that were hurting, which is what leads me to believe it was the socks that caused it (some cheap Footlocker socks). Regardless, I'm going to the Nike store tomorrow to buy some performance socks to see if that remedies the problem. I should also note that I am not a runner what-so-ever and this was my first run since a random 10k I did a few years back.
If the socks don't remedy the problem, then I have an excuse to buy another pair of Racers a half size biggerpost #1613 of 92432/19/13 at 5:23pmpost #1614 of 92432/19/13 at 6:08pmThread Starterpost #1615 of 92432/19/13 at 6:47pmpost #1616 of 92432/19/13 at 7:36pmpost #1617 of 92432/20/13 at 11:41amHey everybody,
I bought some Lunarglides around a year ago and scrapped them during a Spartan Race I did and I was wondering what kind of shoes you guys would recommend? I want to try a different style of Nikes and I was thinking about getting either the Pegasus 29's or the Flyknit 1's. Any other recommendations would also be helpful! I usually run 5-10kms but I might try and do a half-marathon at the beginning of next fall, so hopefully that helps haha.
Also does anyone know any good stores I can order from that ship to Canada and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?post #1618 of 92432/20/13 at 11:58ampost #1619 of 92432/20/13 at 12:04pmpost #1620 of 92432/20/13 at 12:43pm
- NIKE Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
Currently, there are 1434 Active Users (349 Members and 1085 Guests)
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 35 seconds ago
- › Enzo Custom Clothiers NYC 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...