Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNiketagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Hattagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNike Sportweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemNike Sweat pantstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dsquared2 white 100% leather high-top athletic sneakers, 42.5/9.5 Last post on 2/27/15 at 5:28am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Neil Barrett white 100% leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Hogan grey/blue low-top 100% suede leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Maison Martin Margiela 3-Strap Velcro High Top Black SIZE 45 Last post on 3/30/14 at 12:34pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- What socks to wear with sneakers/casual shoes? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:08am in Classic Menswear
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
NIKE Threadpost #1 of 97878/18/12 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 97878/18/12 at 3:56pmThread Starterpost #3 of 97878/18/12 at 4:26pmpost #4 of 97878/18/12 at 5:51pmpost #5 of 97878/18/12 at 6:07pmThread Starterpost #6 of 97878/18/12 at 10:32pmIn before anti hypebeast comments.
You just into modern stuff only, or do you dig NSW/Retros? I know most users here aren't into it, but I think Nike's been on a roll with stuff like the Mayfly Wovens or Roshe Runs. I'd also be interested in seeing more hyperfuse takes on classics(not necessarily lunar soles though), especially after seeing Vans make an Era inspired sneaker with modern technology.post #7 of 97878/18/12 at 11:43pm
Good idea for a thread. My next shoe will probably be the Lunar Montreal:
Would love to be able to find the Nike Free 3.0 in all black or black/white colourways (as per http://www.runblogger.com/2010/05/review-of-nike-free-30-as-transitional.html ) on an online store that ships to Australia:post #8 of 97878/19/12 at 12:45amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by nineohtoo
In before anti hypebeast comments.
You just into modern stuff only, or do you dig NSW/Retros? I know most users here aren't into it, but I think Nike's been on a roll with stuff like the Mayfly Wovens or Roshe Runs. I'd also be interested in seeing more hyperfuse takes on classics(not necessarily lunar soles though), especially after seeing Vans make an Era inspired sneaker with modern technology.
I like some of the classics and got plenty of Air Jordans and a few Nike Dunks too. Clothing-wise, my favorite is probably a windrunner jacket, still looking for a simple black and white in xs.
They have this version for sale right now but I prefer it w/o the faux faded vintage Nike logo on the chest.
From the current NSW line, I want this colorblock 3/4th sleeves tee but damn that $100 pricetag.
Here's current Nike rotation, got a few more for running and for the gym coming next week.
Also looking for this colorway of the Free Run+ 3, not available online yet but a few store has them last I heard.post #9 of 97878/19/12 at 12:59amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by aussiejake
Good idea for a thread. My next shoe will probably be the Lunar Montreal:
Would love to be able to find the Nike Free 3.0 in all black or black/white colourways (as per http://www.runblogger.com/2010/05/review-of-nike-free-30-as-transitional.html ) on an online store that ships to Australia:
Those Lunar Montreals are on sale almost everywhere, i'd get them while you can before it sells out.
As for those Free 3.0s, not sure you can those anywhere anymore. Have you seen the new 3.0? The dark grey version isn't exactly all black but still nice.post #10 of 97878/19/12 at 1:03ampost #11 of 97878/19/12 at 1:11amThread StarterAlso, speaking of classic fusing with new tech, I kind of like these Lunar Safari Fuse. I think this will sell really well on Nike ID.
I'd also like the updated version of the Vortex with a Lunar sole, the Racer Vengeance, I wish they would bring it back in more classic colorways with suede, which I think would also sell well on Nike ID.post #12 of 97878/19/12 at 1:13amThread StarterQuote:
I'm not a fan of the look but my brother swears by them, they are indeed very comfortable but for casual walking or just kicking it, I prefer the Free Runs. Just a personal preference. Rosheruns are selling like crazy though.
Not my pic but people do go crazy for them.post #13 of 97878/19/12 at 2:09amhey RFX, fuck you and your clean running shoes
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
From a run this weekend, which will make it the 4th time in a month i throw these through the wash
Also, those flyknits on the lunarglide sole look awesome. I'm looking to get some softer shoes for a marathon in october and my friend who runs a running shop keeps recommending the lunarglides. Gonna have to go in and try them out. really wish the flyknit ones were out D:post #14 of 97878/19/12 at 2:18amThread StarterI run on asphalt and rotate the shoes quite a bit but my Pegasus are my hiking shoes and they get plenty dirty but still not as muddy as those plus I clean them after a few hikes. Here's how it looks after a single hike (top right of the pic).
As for your marathon, if you want a real cushioned ride and since you'd be trying shoes on at the store anyways, I'd suggest checking out the Pegasus 29. I feel the Pegasus 28 are much more cushioned and absorbs the landing better than the Lunarglide 3.
They have nice colorways of the Pegasus 29 too, really want the blu/wht pair.post #15 of 97878/19/12 at 2:24amQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
I run on asphalt and rotate the shoes quite a bit but my Pegasus are my hiking shoes and they get plenty dirty but still not as muddy as those plus I clean them after a few hikes. Here's how it looks after a single hike (top right of the pic). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)As for your marathon, if you want a real cushioned ride and since you'd be trying shoes on at the store anyways, I'd suggest checking out the Pegasus 29. I feel the Pegasus 28 are much more cushioned and absorbs the landing better than the Lunarglide 3.
yeah I was looking at the pegasus too, as well as the zoom streak since apparently that one was made for marathons, but I'm told the zoom streak isn't very padded.
I have problems with my left knee sometimes, so I want plenty of cushion. thus is life for an underpronator
- NIKE Thread
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 36 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 52 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 22 minutes ago
- › NWT Ermenegildo Zegna Mila Fit Solid Charcoal Grey Multi Season... 34 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?