or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › ITT: Barware, Cocktail Accessories, Bitters, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ITT: Barware, Cocktail Accessories, Bitters, etc. - Page 11

post #151 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Oh, ok. Well, then enjoy the glasses. And don't you dare dropping them! wink.gif
Well, can't you just say those six glasses were six gifts à 60$ and therefore not to be reported? Or are there specific rules, like all gifts from the same person in between 24 hours accumulate to one gift? laugh.gif

The law specifically prohibits dividing a gift into segments to skirt the ban. And again, I want to go overboard because eventually, I'll have to investigate someone over this same issue.
post #152 of 365
Well then $99 meat installments should be A-OK since they aren't designed to skirt the ban but rather to guarantee meat freshness!
post #153 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Well then $99 meat installments should be A-OK since they aren't designed to skirt the ban but rather to guarantee meat freshness!

nod[1].gif
post #154 of 365
Thread Starter 
Fee Brothers Old Fashioned Bitters. Not bad if you can find 'em for $5-7 a bottle. I'm enjoying them with Canadian whisky and diet lime coke. Will try with a manhattan this weekend.
post #155 of 365
Dude, why Diet lime Coke in a mixed drink with the good stuff? That's like putting a fat, over the hill woman in the latest runway fashions and then adding the it bags and then throwing the hot dog down the hallway. The aftertaste of Diet Coke is wretched, might as well sub some natural sparkling water.
post #156 of 365
I think I have to agree with Drew...
post #157 of 365
Thread Starter 
Sorry guys but I love lime diet coke. I find regular coke to have this weird feeling as if my teeth get coated with something. I also find it overly sweet. I find lime diet Coke to be as valid a mixer as any soft drink.

So added to my barware tonight four matching glasses we thrifted today:

A584E15A-702F-4B5F-97EE-4B72A20CF7C9-1765-000000E539DFEBEB.jpg

Exact correct size for classic cocktail recipes. They have etched little designs and we're quite happy with them.
post #158 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Sorry guys but I love lime diet coke. I find regular coke to have this weird feeling as if my teeth get coated with something. I also find it overly sweet. I find lime diet Coke to be as valid a mixer as any soft drink.
Well, that's fine then, because what you like is all that matters when you drink it. smile.gif
I personally don't like the taste of aspartame, saccharin, Acesulfame K at all (taste, mouthfeel, aftertaste -- and possible health risk? other discussion though). Sometimes I think Coke is far too sweet too (which it, theoretically, always is), but sometimes I love me some Coke. And when you make a Cuba Libre or so with it, the lime and white rum balances it out. Anyway, enjoy.
post #159 of 365
Thread Starter 
So I about emptied my cask last night serving friends. It was delicious. I had been kicking around doing a Sazerac this time around but this was just so good. So filled it with Wiser's 8 year old and Noilly Pratt sweet. Instead of VTR bitters I used Fee Brothers Old Fashioned this time. Will taste over TG and it should be ready for Xmas. Think I'm buying another cask.
post #160 of 365
Glad it worked out (and you didn't have to drink it alone).
post #161 of 365
Thread Starter 
Thanks. Yeah, it was magic in a glass. Thinking about getting a 3 litre this time so I can put a full 60 ouncer of spirit in with a 750 ml of modifier. What I would love to get, but it would be too much work to keep all these barrels full, is this:

d60b5c56f3a9d070b28de51dbf15b3cd.jpg

Think I'll just stick with two though. When this 2 litre wears out I'll replace it with a 3 litre too.
post #162 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Thanks. Yeah, it was magic in a glass. Thinking about getting a 3 litre this time so I can put a full 60 ouncer of spirit in with a 750 ml of modifier. What I would love to get, but it would be too much work to keep all these barrels full, is this:
d60b5c56f3a9d070b28de51dbf15b3cd.jpg
Think I'll just stick with two though. When this 2 litre wears out I'll replace it with a 3 litre too.

you know if you get from mexico those barrels are considerably cheaper...about 10 usd for a 1 litre and you cane any symobol you want burnt onto it
post #163 of 365
Thread Starter 
I don't have any purveyor there though. And at $60 or so to get what I want shipped to me it's not a big investment.
post #164 of 365
Thread Starter 
I'm trying to find a nice mister or atomizer to use for things like Absinthe to mist the top of the drink and ice cubes. Anyone have a link to a nice one? I've found nothing on Amazon I want. I don't want one you have to pump like those one for olive oil I see. I want a trigger pump action.
post #165 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I'm trying to find a nice mister or atomizer to use for things like Absinthe to mist the top of the drink and ice cubes. Anyone have a link to a nice one? I've found nothing on Amazon I want. I don't want one you have to pump like those one for olive oil I see. I want a trigger pump action.

What qualifies as 'nice' here? I'd think a little plastic atomizer like you'd use for perfume would get the job done, and for less than $2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › ITT: Barware, Cocktail Accessories, Bitters, etc.