or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season - Page 67

post #991 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Lots of rage in DC about leaving RG3 in the game. It's not like he was being effective and just risking injury either, he was awful after he tweaked his knee in the 1st and they left him in to (eventually) get hurt for real. Cousins couldn't have been any worse, so why not put him in for the second half? Maybe they just gave RG3 some of those industrial strength horse painkillers at halftime and he said he could move and they believed him. Hard to watch.

yeah, i hear that. but if he hadn't injured the knee, and instead had won the game with some nifty QBing, people would be praising the move up and down.

he wasnt unable to play, he is their prime QB, first washington playoff game in a while i think, they were hot with him, 7 wins in a row, behind in the game.....so he was left in. i think many coaches would make the same move, and try and call plays that protected him as much as possible and hope for the best.

sure, it sucks, but i dont think by definition it was a bad move when it was made. its easy to question that stuff after the fact.

and as to cousins not being any worse, look what webb did for the vikings. he was horrible. and on top of that, when the team lacks confidence in the QB, they lose spirit and its all downhill from there.

im not trying to be unsympathetic to skins fans. i totally get the rage, id be pissed as hell too. i just think the call was not so egregious, and im not surprised it was made.
post #992 of 1663
I agree that it's a bad move, but who the fuck is this Cousins guy? I have my doubts they would have done much better if they had put him in. Although what I would worry about if I were a Skins fan is whether they did any permanent damage to Griffin's knee.
post #993 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

yeah, i hear that. but if he hadn't injured the knee, and instead had won the game with some nifty QBing, people would be praising the move up and down.
he wasnt unable to play, he is their prime QB, first washington playoff game in a while i think, they were hot with him, 7 wins in a row, behind in the game.....so he was left in. i think many coaches would make the same move, and try and call plays that protected him as much as possible and hope for the best.
sure, it sucks, but i dont think by definition it was a bad move when it was made. its easy to question that stuff after the fact.
and as to cousins not being any worse, look what webb did for the vikings. he was horrible. and on top of that, when the team lacks confidence in the QB, they lose spirit and its all downhill from there.
im not trying to be unsympathetic to skins fans. i totally get the rage, id be pissed as hell too. i just think the call was not so egregious, and im not surprised it was made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I agree that it's a bad move, but who the fuck is this Cousins guy? I have my doubts they would have done much better if they had put him in. Although what I would worry about if I were a Skins fan is whether they did any permanent damage to Griffin's knee.

I fully understand starting him (look at the 1st quarter) and letting him play the second quarter. But they should have pulled him at halftime, maybe after the 3rd at worst. He was simply ineffective out there. He was 4-10 for 16 yards after the injury in the 1st, with an INT. There's no way Cousins could have been worse, and that course wouldn't have put RG3 in more danger. It's not like they gambled on him continuing to play well and keep them in the game, they gambled with his health despite him playing terribly.
post #994 of 1663

I have to agree with the Redskins fans that are pissed at Shannahan today. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that RGIII was not the best option for them to win by halftime (let alone the end of the 3rd quarter) and yet he kept him in, even calling running plays for him where he limped out of bounds. This wasn't a situation of hindsight being 20/20. We were all stunned that they kept not playing Cousins.

 

The most disgraceful part was the post game press conference where Shannahan made it seem like the choice wasn't in his hands, and that Griffin had "earned" the right to play hurt. What a disingenuous and, dare I say, cowardly answer. I could hear Bill Bellicheck laughing at the idea of not playing the best player all the way from Baltimore.

 

And to those questioning Cousins (and comparing him to Joe freaking Webb) you clearly haven't been paying attention this year Cousins has been great this year (QB rating over 100 in 48 attempts) and has thrived in situations just like this, leading two game winning drives in relief.

post #995 of 1663
Ray-Lewis-Final-Tunnel-Dance.gif
Ray-Lewis-Final-Tunnel-Dance.gif
Ray-Lewis-Final-Tunnel-Dance.gif
Ray-Lewis-Final-Tunnel-Dance.gif
Ray-Lewis-Final-Tunnel-Dance.gif
Ray-Lewis-Final-Tunnel-Dance.gif
post #996 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I fully understand starting him (look at the 1st quarter) and letting him play the second quarter. But they should have pulled him at halftime, maybe after the 3rd at worst. He was simply ineffective out there. He was 4-10 for 16 yards after the injury in the 1st, with an INT. There's no way Cousins could have been worse, and that course wouldn't have put RG3 in more danger. It's not like they gambled on him continuing to play well and keep them in the game, they gambled with his health despite him playing terribly.

i still hear ya man, but considering all the RG3 mania, im still not surprised he was left in the game. maybe a bad move, not sure. sucks all the same, and i really hope he is not seriously injured long term.
post #997 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

ray-lewis-mugs.jpg

fyp
post #998 of 1663
Lollarskates
post #999 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

looks like houston squeaked by cincy. not a great sign imo. either that or cicny is a lot better than i thought.

Nope, just shaking out the playoff rust. Houston is making a run this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

a LOT of fighting in that game. peeps not getting along.
--
picks for next week?
i think NE over houston
seattle over atlanta
GB over SF
and i cant call the denver bmore game, but im not feeling great about it for a number of reasons.

You think wrong. It's payback time, I don't see why everyone is picking the winners of the last , like,12 superbowls over a team that has two playoff victories in its last 10 years. wtf is with you h8ers.
post #1000 of 1663
I got Seattle beating Atlanta, Green Bay beating San Francisco, Denver beating Bmore and New England beating Houston
post #1001 of 1663
I was 4/4 this weekend, so Im feeling good about those predictions
post #1002 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I got Seattle beating Atlanta, Green Bay beating San Francisco, Denver beating Bmore and New England beating Houston

Same picks for me also.
post #1003 of 1663
Here's a gif of RGIII's knee giving out: http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-77ak4s.gif The image is too big to post. It's definitely cringe worthy.
post #1004 of 1663
Consensus seems to be that GBvsSF is the only real tossup here
post #1005 of 1663

Went 3-1 against the spread last week (stupid Bengals). This week I'm probably going Seattle (+2.5) and NE (-9.5). Not sure about Denver (-8.5), but I'll probably go San Fran (-3).
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season