or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season - Page 38

post #556 of 1663
I suppose this is a good time to remind everyone that the Rams coulda had RG3
post #557 of 1663
They could have, but there was no realistic prospect of trading Bradford.

Also, UniWatch commented this morning on the ridiculous navy over navy look throughout the NFL this weekend.
post #558 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I suppose this is a good time to remind everyone that the Rams coulda had RG3
True. But even supposing that they could've pawned Bradford off on someone else--difficult because he was drafted before the new rookie contract scale, which means he's making something like 4x what other guys drafted in his position are--they would now be without a starting DT and a starting CB, both of whom were acquired with draft picks from trading first rounders with the 'Skins.
post #559 of 1663
I've seen enough of Bradford playing against the Redskins the past couple of seasons to believe that he can be an elite QB with a decent supporting cast. He is playing with arguably the worst o-line + WRs in the league.
post #560 of 1663
Jesus, Kaepernick.
post #561 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent View Post

Jesus, Kaepernick.

+1000

dude came ready to play
post #562 of 1663
Kaep is playing amazing. What a game
post #563 of 1663
Aldon Smith 5.5 sacks today. Wow.
post #564 of 1663
Poor Alex Smith. Harbaugh all but said that Kaepernick is the starter when Smith returns from injury. Now I think that "starter doesn't lose his job because of injury" is one of the dumbest "rules" in professional sports, but Smith was playing pretty well when he went down.
post #565 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Poor Alex Smith. Harbaugh all but said that Kaepernick is the starter when Smith returns from injury. Now I think that "starter doesn't lose his job because of injury" is one of the dumbest "rules" in professional sports, but Smith was playing pretty well when he went down.

the game before he got injured he went 18 of 19 is anyone remembers? kaep just gives us a really good sense of security with our backup guy
post #566 of 1663
Wow, I just saw one of the worst calls I've ever seen in an NFL game. If the Lions lose this, their fans will have a right to be furious.

Also, how can NFL head coaches not know the rules concerning when they can throw their challenge flags?
post #567 of 1663
That call is on on Schwartz more than anything. If he wasn't such a hot head and knew the rules the TD would have been reversed.
post #568 of 1663
i don't know how Suh hasn't been jumped in the tunnel by a bunch of guys yet. dude's actions are beyond the pale
post #569 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

That call is on on Schwartz more than anything. If he wasn't such a hot head and knew the rules the TD would have been reversed.

I'd agree with you if the call the refs missed were close. But the RB was as down as down could be. Not saying Schwartz isn't partly to blame, but the refs really messed up in a big way, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

i don't know how Suh hasn't been jumped in the tunnel by a bunch of guys yet. dude's actions are beyond the pale

Yup. I'm reading a lot of people online suggesting it was accidental. I can't imagine what they're seeing if they really think that.
post #570 of 1663
RG3 is looking like the best QB in the NFC East, by far. Could the Redskins be the real deal? Never would've thought before this season that they'd have a shot to be a playoff team.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season