or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season - Page 70

post #1036 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Part of me wonders if Griffin is threatened by Cousins. He (Griffin) kept talking about how he gave the Redskins the best chance to win.
He might, but I don't think any rational person would start Cousins over Griffin. I think Griffin is just hyper competitive and wanted to demonstrate how he was a leader etc etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

and then the criticism would be about griffin's heart and putting himself ahead of the team (a la Jay Cutler), its a lose/lose.

I doubt it. Griffin doesn't have Cutler's reputation or general attitude and has already proven that he's kind of a badass. Everyone I watching the game with was on pins and needles the whole second half, waiting for RG3 to get hurt worse. We'd all have breathed easier if he'd have been pulled, AND it would have given the team a better chance to win.
post #1037 of 1663
I definitely thought it was shanahan's job to pull him, and was pretty shocked when he didn't. Shanny's whole offense is based on a mobile qb using boot action to stretch the defense horizontally while the route combinations are stretching them vertically. When your qb can't move, it doesn't work.

Just think back to the struggles with other less mobile qb's like McNabb.

I probably would have fired Shanny already.
post #1038 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

and then the criticism would be about griffin's heart and putting himself ahead of the team (a la Jay Cutler), its a lose/lose.

not sure. griff has a good rep. cutler was already long know to be a huge bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

I'd rather lose a little face than lose an ACL.

like, literally? smile.gif
post #1039 of 1663
so the denver game is on shabbos. i dont think i could handle watching it anyways. 4 hours of stress averted!
post #1040 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

so the denver game is on shabbos. i dont think i could handle watching it anyways. 4 hours of stress averted!
Shabbos ends at sunset on Saturday, right? You'll miss half an hour of the game.
post #1041 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Shabbos ends at sunset on Saturday, right? You'll miss half an hour of the game.

no, it begins friday at sunset and ends saturday at nightfall. which, depending on your custom, could be 42, 60, or 72 minutes after sunset. sunset friday is 5:03, so nightfall at 72 minutes (my custom) is at 6:15. by the time i get back from synagogue, take care of the shabbos ending ceremonies and get myself situated it will be 6:45 at the earliest. get the kids ready for bed...... not gonna have time to get to tv til after 7 at earliest. so ill miss all but a half hour of the game.

smile.gif
post #1042 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

...depending on your custom, could be 42, 60, or 72 minutes after sunset....72 minutes (my custom) ...

HARDCORE JOO TO THE MAX!!!!!!1111
post #1043 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

HARDCORE JOO TO THE MAX!!!!!!1111

nod[1].gif
post #1044 of 1663
My custom is 73 minutes. You can smell my piety from a mile away.
post #1045 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

My custom is 73 minutes. You can smell my piety from a mile away.

thats not piety youre smelling, brah. wink.gif
post #1046 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

HARDCORE JOO TO THE MAX!!!!!!1111

stitches won't be so pious when game time rolls around.... he'll imagine lewis doing this and a peyton manning doing this after a pick-6 and can't resist and turn on the actual game. devil.gif
post #1047 of 1663
not clicking links. will not be watching tv on shabbos, dude.
post #1048 of 1663
MANNING FACE!
post #1049 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

MANNING FACE!

the manning face is a weird phenomena for me... when its someone like Arod failing in the clutch, its totally funny and enjoyable, but when its someone like manning who's done all the possible work and hard effort possible it makes me kind of sad (even if my team thats beating him).

I guess i'm not a sadist...
post #1050 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

the manning face is a weird phenomena for me... when its someone like Arod failing in the clutch, its totally funny and enjoyable, but when its someone like manning who's done all the possible work and hard effort possible it makes me kind of sad (even if my team thats beating him).

I guess i'm not a sadist...

I'm a big Peyton fan. I find the Manning face much more enjoyable when it's on Eli.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season