or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

post #1 of 1663
Thread Starter 
A 2012 thread has not been created yet, so I am taking the liberty to do so.

First up:

Ochocinco arrested for domestic violence facepalm.gif

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/08/chad-johnson-evelyn-lozada-arrest/1#.UCcXgLRfEi0
post #2 of 1663
So when do the baseball playoffs start?
post #3 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

A 2012 thread has not been created yet, so I am taking the liberty to do so.
First up:
Ochocinco arrested for domestic violence facepalm.gif
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/08/chad-johnson-evelyn-lozada-arrest/1#.UCcXgLRfEi0

Between this and the f-bomb interview he really is going to have to go into pr0n.

Although its not like Miami has a lot of alternatives at WR.
post #4 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

A 2012 thread has not been created yet, so I am taking the liberty to do so.
First up:
Ochocinco arrested for domestic violence facepalm.gif
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/08/chad-johnson-evelyn-lozada-arrest/1#.UCcXgLRfEi0
Wasn't he last relevant like 5 years ago?
post #5 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

Wasn't he last relevant like 5 years ago?

Correct.

.... and last year he played with one of the best quarterbacks in the league and caught like 15 balls.
post #6 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by fir3fox View Post

Correct.
.... and last year he played with one of the best quarterbacks in the league and caught like 15 balls.

Admittedly there are a LOT of intricacies to playing WR for the Patriots. Unlike many NFL playbooks there aren't defined plays, there are defined sets. If the WR sees someone playing press, they run a different route than a mid zone or deep zone. I doubt Ochocinco's the brightest bulb of the batch (given his behavior), so I don't doubt he had issues in learning how to read defenses in that complicated a manner.
post #7 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

Admittedly there are a LOT of intricacies to playing WR for the Patriots. Unlike many NFL playbooks there aren't defined plays, there are defined sets. If the WR sees someone playing press, they run a different route than a mid zone or deep zone. I doubt Ochocinco's the brightest bulb of the batch (given his behavior), so I don't doubt he had issues in learning how to read defenses in that complicated a manner.
Randy Moss sure figured it out.
post #8 of 1663
Niners are your SB champs this year. Count it.
post #9 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

Randy Moss sure figured it out.
Randy Moss has been heralded by almost every coach and player he's worked with as a great student of the game and extremely involved in team meetings and film review. Ochocinco has not.
post #10 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

Randy Moss sure figured it out.
Moss is on a whole 'nother level as a player.
post #11 of 1663
They just cut him.

Miami releases Johnson
post #12 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Niners are your SB champs this year. Count it.
They'll have to go through the frozen tundra. No chance for the wine and cheese crowd.
post #13 of 1663

Most improved team of the year : Tennessee Titans w/Jake Locker at qb

Rookie of Year :  RG3

Biggest Surprise of Year :   Terrell Owens catches 10TD passes (or more)

Biggest Overhyped Bust of Year :   Cowboys (we can just ink this in every year)

post #14 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Niners are your SB champs this year. Count it.

The 49ers are winning the Super Bowl in the alternative universe where they drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of Alex Smith.

The Pack is returning to the Super Bowl this year. I like the Texans in the AFC. They've got all the pieces; it's just a question of whether they can make the leap in one year.
post #15 of 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

Moss is on a whole 'nother level as a player.

+1

Moss and Ochocinco are not remotely comparable. For example - ocho only had double-digit TD catches once (10)... Moss did it 9 times and holds the single season record (23). Ocho had a few good years.... moss is a lock for the HOF.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season