or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Does Paul Ryan only have one suit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does Paul Ryan only have one suit?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
And he seems to wear it as a sports coat as well. From the pictures on the news tonight- it seems to be quite big. Probably just a calculated contrast to Romneys nicely tailored threads.

Not that there's anything wrong with that..











In his defense - the first two pictures seem to be from the same event.
post #2 of 25
I count several...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&tok=vt4dzrHB1abKkAdZVPfqnA&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=paul+ryan&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1440&bih=799&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=pPUlULTtIsbu0gH0yoCwDA
post #3 of 25

Well, there goes my theory that Ryan and Ron Paul own one suit that they share.
 

post #4 of 25
It is only about a size or two too big for him.
post #5 of 25
I would hardly say that Romney's threads are all that nice. Pretty standard politico-wear.
post #6 of 25
Policitian nowadays have a strange habit, they like to have the same black suit, 5-7 of them so they can change into the 'same' one everyday without looking different.

Politic has been something for the weak party, apparently spending on good looking clothes is wrong and being unethical to make money is fine.

I love back in the days how Prime Minister dress, or the famous judges or Queen's council.

I have no idea why it had change to this bad taste.
post #7 of 25
His shirts don't fit very well either.

about a size too large.
makes his neck look even longer
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Policitian nowadays have a strange habit, they like to have the same black suit, 5-7 of them so they can change into the 'same' one everyday without looking different.
Politic has been something for the weak party, apparently spending on good looking clothes is wrong and being unethical to make money is fine.
I love back in the days how Prime Minister dress, or the famous judges or Queen's council.
I have no idea why it had change to this bad taste.

Well they had to stop spending money on good looking clothes so no one would question them when they were being unethical to make money rotflmao.gif

Btw not all politicians are that terrible at dressing. For a political George W. Bush was pretty ok.
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Policitian nowadays have a strange habit, they like to have the same black suit, 5-7 of them so they can change into the 'same' one everyday without looking different.
Politic has been something for the weak party, apparently spending on good looking clothes is wrong and being unethical to make money is fine.
I love back in the days how Prime Minister dress, or the famous judges or Queen's council.
I have no idea why it had change to this bad taste.


I think you will find that the previous generation of Queen's Counsel dressed fairly monochromatically - it would have been a dark three piece suit, tunic shirt and dark tie when not in court and the usual uniform when in court.  While I agree this was in good taste, it jars with what you assert in your post.

post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post


Well they had to stop spending money on good looking clothes so no one would question them when they were being unethical to make money rotflmao.gif
Btw not all politicians are that terrible at dressing. For a political George W. Bush was pretty ok.


'W' dressed atrociously until he ran for President.  His father was in a different league.

post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velophone View Post

Well, there goes my theory that Ryan and Ron Paul own one suit that they share.

 
Is it just me or does he look like the guy from the Office?
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post

Is it just me or does he look like the guy from the Office?

My wife who doesn't follow politics at all and had never seen him before today said the same thing. He looks like that geeky guy from Sabre on the office.
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

My wife who doesn't follow politics at all and had never seen him before today said the same thing. He looks like that geeky guy from Sabre on the office.

he does sorta
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by donhooks View Post


The public compare what politicians wear to what's in their wardrobe, and will not like if the politicians dress better.
6241.gif

 

You think most American men have a suit as "good" (and I use that tern loosely) as Paul Ryan's?  They certainly don't have clothes as nice as what Obama or either of the Bush's wore on the campaign trail. 

post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt10000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donhooks View Post


The public compare what politicians wear to what's in their wardrobe, and will not like if the politicians dress better.
6241.gif

 


 

You think most American men have a suit as "good" (and I use that tern loosely) as Paul Ryan's?  They certainly don't have clothes as nice as what Obama or either of the Bush's wore on the campaign trail. 


I sort of agree with both posts.  Most politicians aspiring to be leader of their party, President, etc. are likely to want to dress well in quite a boring way to avoid causing offence.  But the average voter is just going to see a navy blue suit, rather than know that W was wearing Oxxford or that Cameron had been to the Row. 

 

I think the complete absence of pocket squares by Presidents and UK Prime Ministers for the last 20 years is a good example of this (+1 for Joe Biden on this).  Did even Bush Snr. wear a PS, or would you have to go back to Reagan?  In the UK you'd need to go back to when Douglas Hurd was Foreign Secretary in the 1990s to see one on a front-rank politician.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Does Paul Ryan only have one suit?