Thanks to all!
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Anyone have experience with the Ridgeway sole?
Styleforum Top Picks
The Ridgeway sole is certainly softer than a Commando sole. I would say, it is the same rubber compound (and same stiffness) as a Dainite sole (just a different design of the mould).
I have country boots with Ridgeway soles that I wear year-round. Decent boot for winter when you don't want to wear something far heavier.
Plus, you don't get that 'flat-footed' feeling that a studded Dainite sole can bring on after a walk of a few miles or more. Can be quite uncomfortable as you end up feeling as though your feet are slapping the ground after a while, due to the flatter profile of the studded Dainite.
The Ridgeway is my personal favourite for heavier boots. I've got three pairs of boots with it, two of which I had resoled with Ridgeways in preference to their original soles.
It seems that ridgeway is more appropriate for hiking in the country than in the snow.
- Anyone have experience with the Ridgeway sole?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 1 minute ago
- › Building a wardrobe - need help/ advice 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Yves Saint Laurent suit in Loro Piana Wool size 48 brand new 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories