Thanks to all!
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 10/4/15 at 10:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Anyone have experience with the Ridgeway sole?
Styleforum Top Picks
The Ridgeway sole is certainly softer than a Commando sole. I would say, it is the same rubber compound (and same stiffness) as a Dainite sole (just a different design of the mould).
I have country boots with Ridgeway soles that I wear year-round. Decent boot for winter when you don't want to wear something far heavier.
Plus, you don't get that 'flat-footed' feeling that a studded Dainite sole can bring on after a walk of a few miles or more. Can be quite uncomfortable as you end up feeling as though your feet are slapping the ground after a while, due to the flatter profile of the studded Dainite.
The Ridgeway is my personal favourite for heavier boots. I've got three pairs of boots with it, two of which I had resoled with Ridgeways in preference to their original soles.
It seems that ridgeway is more appropriate for hiking in the country than in the snow.
- Anyone have experience with the Ridgeway sole?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › changing shoe colour 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 2nd October 2015 - "Something Old, something New,... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for EVER Brand Clothing - tees, hoodies, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 15 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 18 minutes ago
- › TOJ BCDR 44ish 20 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...