or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Sarah Silverman is Racist
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sarah Silverman is Racist - Page 2

post #16 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

I love the way white people have made racism about them. I'm sorry you have to occasionally be reminded that we don't live in egalitarian utopia.

Huh? Racism is about the two races that interacted in a racist way. Since whites are most frequently labeled racists, racism is, in effect, frequently about them and their behavior towards other races.
post #17 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

not to turn this into a CE threak and not to "call you out" or anything but I am genuinely curious in comparing experiences as we are similar in skin color, if you were involved in any racist incidents, was it involving white people or black people?

I don't want to turn this into a CE thread, but what's the point of making this thread if not to dismiss a minority's claim of racism? It was CE material to begin with.

To answer your question, racism is a thing. It exists and we experience it. Do I encounter it daily. weekly, monthly or even annually? Not to my knowledge. I just hate the fact that white people act put upon every time the word is uttered or typed. People don't react the same way when homophobia is invoked.
post #18 of 52
Thread Starter 

I didn't post this to dismiss his claim. I posted it so that everybody could read it. I included "...or some shit" before the article because I was being post-adolescent and droll. Ethnically, I'm not even considered 'white'.

post #19 of 52
White privelege, lol.
post #20 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

I don't want to turn this into a CE thread, but what's the point of making this thread if not to dismiss a minority's claim of racism? It was CE material to begin with.
To answer your question, racism is a thing. It exists and we experience it. Do I encounter it daily. weekly, monthly or even annually? Not to my knowledge. I just hate the fact that white people act put upon every time the word is uttered or typed. People don't react the same way when homophobia is invoked.

That assumption speaks volumes about your own biases.
post #21 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

That assumption speaks volumes about your own biases.

Anyone who's been around these parts a couple of years knew exactly where this thread was going as soon as it was posted.
post #22 of 52
Someone link me to Sarah Silverman's funniest bits. I've never found her all that humorous but I've admittedly not done more than casually watch some of her standup.
post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

not to turn this into a CE threak and not to "call you out" or anything but I am genuinely curious in comparing experiences as we are similar in skin color, if you were involved in any racist incidents, was it involving white people or black people?

I don't want to turn this into a CE thread, but what's the point of making this thread if not to dismiss a minority's claim of racism? It was CE material to begin with.

To answer your question, racism is a thing. It exists and we experience it. Do I encounter it daily. weekly, monthly or even annually? Not to my knowledge. I just hate the fact that white people act put upon every time the word is uttered or typed. People don't react the same way when homophobia is invoked.

I find this comment interesting because many blacks take exception to when gay-rights people compare homophobia, in all its manifestations, to the civil rights struggles of blacks.
post #24 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

I find this comment interesting because many blacks take exception to when gay-rights people compare homophobia, in all its manifestations, to the civil rights struggles of blacks.

A lot of black people are homophobic. And no, the #struggle isn't the same, but who are we to discount someone else's plight just because it was SLIGHTLY less heinous.
post #25 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

I find this comment interesting because many blacks take exception to when gay-rights people compare homophobia, in all its manifestations, to the civil rights struggles of blacks.

A lot of black people are homophobic. And no, the #struggle isn't the same, but who are we to discount someone else's plight just because it was SLIGHTLY less heinous.

Thank you. I feel the same.
post #26 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post


Anyone who's been around these parts a couple of years knew exactly where this thread was going as soon as it was posted.


Sorry. Next time I start a thread that might go in a direction you don't like, just let me know and I'll retract everything. 

post #27 of 52
Thread Starter 

cool.gif

post #28 of 52
f***** n*****s
post #29 of 52
Hey, since when can we use the n-word?
post #30 of 52
Congratulations, this is now a 4Chan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Sarah Silverman is Racist