I'll remember this when you get caught up in Pitti fever, even if the sweater is not from J. Crew.
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Is this tweed??? Last post on 10/2/12 at 5:27pm in Classic Menswear
- 24 HOUR NOTICE! - 40R - J Press Golden Brown 3 Roll 2 Tweed Spoort Coat - Fully Canvassed Tweed!! Last post on 2/2/12 at 7:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Matching textures with tweed Last post on 1/19/12 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Loud Check Tweed Jacket Last post on 10/3/11 at 1:13am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Last edited: 9/1/15
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Top 5 Essentials for Men for Fall 2012 - Page 2post #16 of 398/9/12 at 11:25ampost #17 of 398/9/12 at 12:56pmpost #18 of 398/9/12 at 1:00pmpost #19 of 398/9/12 at 1:03pmpost #20 of 398/9/12 at 1:04pmpost #21 of 398/9/12 at 1:05pmpost #22 of 398/9/12 at 1:18pmpost #23 of 398/9/12 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Moderngentleman
You can see the full story and pictures of each item here, but I wanted to get the communities thoughts and/or additions to this list. Certainly nothing ground-breaking but a few key items to consider:
#1: THE TWEED JACKET: A timeless wardrobe workhorse - the sport jacket. Look for classic tweed updated in a fitted and modern silhouette, like this stunning version from Gant by Michael Bastian. $950, available at Gant.
#2: DESERT BOOTS: The "Desert Trooper" is a new, updated version of Clark's classic desert boot. Same iconic leather upper, with a more aggressive, higher stance tread. Wear these confidently with jeans, fitted khaki's, a flannel suit - pretty much anything. $115, available at Clarks.
#3: THE UTILITY TOTE: There's really nothing fancy about this durable, waxed cotton utility tote and that's the point. People will appreciate your practicality. For a long time now I've been admiring the subtle beauty of all things Ernest Alexander. Based in New York City, they produce their entire line in the U.S.A. and are committed to ethical manufacturing. Available in a variety of colors, but you'll get the most out of charcoal. $195, available at Ernest Alexander.
#4: TORTOISE SHELL SUNGLASSES. By now you can probably tell there is a color story going on: gray, tan, rich chocolate - muted earth tones return this fall. These pieces are intended as bridge items - the glue that holds each look together, allowing you get the most out of your closet. Beautiful sunglasses are therefore essential, and here are two favorites in timeless tortoise shell: The Meteor by Ray Ban, $145 & The Harding by Garrett Leight, $310.
#5: A STATEMENT SWEATER. No fall story would be complete without an incredibly comfortable, luxurious sweater. This perfect layer represents all that's good about the fall - staying warm, welcoming cold autumn weekends and enjoying the great outdoors, even if it's just a stroll in a city park. Camel is one of my favorite colors and J.Crew's 100% cashmere, cable knit version is a beauty. $298, available at J.Crew.
What else? Send links if possible so I can see it.
"utility tote, statement sweater, tortoise shell, people will appreciate your practicality, modern silhouette, no fall story would be complete"
Gayest post ever, and that's saying a lot given the very tough competition. Congratulationspost #24 of 398/9/12 at 1:44pmQuote:
Agreed. I've been given several totes over the summer and all immediately went into Value Village pile.
However, these "essentials" leave me wondering if pants are a non-essential item this fall. (Maybe freedom from pants is more than just a Independence Day bicycle ride?)post #25 of 398/9/12 at 1:55pmpost #26 of 398/9/12 at 2:05pmpost #27 of 398/9/12 at 4:10pmpost #28 of 398/9/12 at 4:23pmpost #29 of 398/9/12 at 4:27pmpost #30 of 398/9/12 at 5:48pm
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Currently, there are 1303 Active Users (277 Members and 1026 Guests)
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 49 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 11 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 12 minutes ago
- › Hoodie Help 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding