I'll remember this when you get caught up in Pitti fever, even if the sweater is not from J. Crew.
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Is this tweed??? Last post on 10/2/12 at 5:27pm in Classic Menswear
- 24 HOUR NOTICE! - 40R - J Press Golden Brown 3 Roll 2 Tweed Spoort Coat - Fully Canvassed Tweed!! Last post on 2/2/12 at 7:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Matching textures with tweed Last post on 1/19/12 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Loud Check Tweed Jacket Last post on 10/3/11 at 1:13am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Last edited: 9/1/15
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Top 5 Essentials for Men for Fall 2012 - Page 2post #16 of 398/9/12 at 11:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 398/9/12 at 12:56pmpost #18 of 398/9/12 at 1:00pmpost #19 of 398/9/12 at 1:03pmpost #20 of 398/9/12 at 1:04pmpost #21 of 398/9/12 at 1:05pmpost #22 of 398/9/12 at 1:18pmpost #23 of 398/9/12 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Moderngentleman
You can see the full story and pictures of each item here, but I wanted to get the communities thoughts and/or additions to this list. Certainly nothing ground-breaking but a few key items to consider:
#1: THE TWEED JACKET: A timeless wardrobe workhorse - the sport jacket. Look for classic tweed updated in a fitted and modern silhouette, like this stunning version from Gant by Michael Bastian. $950, available at Gant.
#2: DESERT BOOTS: The "Desert Trooper" is a new, updated version of Clark's classic desert boot. Same iconic leather upper, with a more aggressive, higher stance tread. Wear these confidently with jeans, fitted khaki's, a flannel suit - pretty much anything. $115, available at Clarks.
#3: THE UTILITY TOTE: There's really nothing fancy about this durable, waxed cotton utility tote and that's the point. People will appreciate your practicality. For a long time now I've been admiring the subtle beauty of all things Ernest Alexander. Based in New York City, they produce their entire line in the U.S.A. and are committed to ethical manufacturing. Available in a variety of colors, but you'll get the most out of charcoal. $195, available at Ernest Alexander.
#4: TORTOISE SHELL SUNGLASSES. By now you can probably tell there is a color story going on: gray, tan, rich chocolate - muted earth tones return this fall. These pieces are intended as bridge items - the glue that holds each look together, allowing you get the most out of your closet. Beautiful sunglasses are therefore essential, and here are two favorites in timeless tortoise shell: The Meteor by Ray Ban, $145 & The Harding by Garrett Leight, $310.
#5: A STATEMENT SWEATER. No fall story would be complete without an incredibly comfortable, luxurious sweater. This perfect layer represents all that's good about the fall - staying warm, welcoming cold autumn weekends and enjoying the great outdoors, even if it's just a stroll in a city park. Camel is one of my favorite colors and J.Crew's 100% cashmere, cable knit version is a beauty. $298, available at J.Crew.
What else? Send links if possible so I can see it.
"utility tote, statement sweater, tortoise shell, people will appreciate your practicality, modern silhouette, no fall story would be complete"
Gayest post ever, and that's saying a lot given the very tough competition. Congratulationspost #24 of 398/9/12 at 1:44pmQuote:
Agreed. I've been given several totes over the summer and all immediately went into Value Village pile.
However, these "essentials" leave me wondering if pants are a non-essential item this fall. (Maybe freedom from pants is more than just a Independence Day bicycle ride?)post #25 of 398/9/12 at 1:55pmpost #26 of 398/9/12 at 2:05pmpost #27 of 398/9/12 at 4:10pmpost #28 of 398/9/12 at 4:23pmpost #29 of 398/9/12 at 4:27pmpost #30 of 398/9/12 at 5:48pm
- The Top 5 Essentials for Men for Fall 2012
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Currently, there are 1650 Active Users (317 Members and 1333 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 seconds ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 17 seconds ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 38 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?