I'll remember this when you get caught up in Pitti fever, even if the sweater is not from J. Crew.
Related Forum Threads
- Price Drop! Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:12 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop! Beams F Made in Japan Ring Jacket earth-color plaid fine-worsted tweed Jacket size... Last post on Yesterday at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 5:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Is this tweed??? Last post on 10/2/12 at 5:27pm in Classic Menswear
- 24 HOUR NOTICE! - 40R - J Press Golden Brown 3 Roll 2 Tweed Spoort Coat - Fully Canvassed Tweed!! Last post on 2/2/12 at 7:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Last edited: 9/1/15
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Top 5 Essentials for Men for Fall 2012 - Page 2post #16 of 398/9/12 at 11:25ampost #17 of 398/9/12 at 12:56pmpost #18 of 398/9/12 at 1:00pmpost #19 of 398/9/12 at 1:03pmpost #20 of 398/9/12 at 1:04pmpost #21 of 398/9/12 at 1:05pmpost #22 of 398/9/12 at 1:18pmpost #23 of 398/9/12 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Moderngentleman
You can see the full story and pictures of each item here, but I wanted to get the communities thoughts and/or additions to this list. Certainly nothing ground-breaking but a few key items to consider:
#1: THE TWEED JACKET: A timeless wardrobe workhorse - the sport jacket. Look for classic tweed updated in a fitted and modern silhouette, like this stunning version from Gant by Michael Bastian. $950, available at Gant.
#2: DESERT BOOTS: The "Desert Trooper" is a new, updated version of Clark's classic desert boot. Same iconic leather upper, with a more aggressive, higher stance tread. Wear these confidently with jeans, fitted khaki's, a flannel suit - pretty much anything. $115, available at Clarks.
#3: THE UTILITY TOTE: There's really nothing fancy about this durable, waxed cotton utility tote and that's the point. People will appreciate your practicality. For a long time now I've been admiring the subtle beauty of all things Ernest Alexander. Based in New York City, they produce their entire line in the U.S.A. and are committed to ethical manufacturing. Available in a variety of colors, but you'll get the most out of charcoal. $195, available at Ernest Alexander.
#4: TORTOISE SHELL SUNGLASSES. By now you can probably tell there is a color story going on: gray, tan, rich chocolate - muted earth tones return this fall. These pieces are intended as bridge items - the glue that holds each look together, allowing you get the most out of your closet. Beautiful sunglasses are therefore essential, and here are two favorites in timeless tortoise shell: The Meteor by Ray Ban, $145 & The Harding by Garrett Leight, $310.
#5: A STATEMENT SWEATER. No fall story would be complete without an incredibly comfortable, luxurious sweater. This perfect layer represents all that's good about the fall - staying warm, welcoming cold autumn weekends and enjoying the great outdoors, even if it's just a stroll in a city park. Camel is one of my favorite colors and J.Crew's 100% cashmere, cable knit version is a beauty. $298, available at J.Crew.
What else? Send links if possible so I can see it.
"utility tote, statement sweater, tortoise shell, people will appreciate your practicality, modern silhouette, no fall story would be complete"
Gayest post ever, and that's saying a lot given the very tough competition. Congratulationspost #24 of 398/9/12 at 1:44pmQuote:
Agreed. I've been given several totes over the summer and all immediately went into Value Village pile.
However, these "essentials" leave me wondering if pants are a non-essential item this fall. (Maybe freedom from pants is more than just a Independence Day bicycle ride?)post #25 of 398/9/12 at 1:55pmpost #26 of 398/9/12 at 2:05pmpost #27 of 398/9/12 at 4:10pmpost #28 of 398/9/12 at 4:23pmpost #29 of 398/9/12 at 4:27pmpost #30 of 398/9/12 at 5:48pm
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Currently, there are 1202 Active Users (154 Members and 1048 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 30 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 39 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 47 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 56 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 57 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...