or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Cars!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars! - Page 21

post #301 of 367
I don't think that, all things considered, there's a more well rounded car than the MB CL65 AMG. I'm sure you've all read about it. I can tell you that, without a doubt, it is my dreamcar. Granted, it is a coupe, and some would prefer something larger, but I do believe it has about everything somebody could ever want in a car. Phenomenal interior and incredibly fast.
post #302 of 367
CL65 is a pretty nice car, I think I might rather have a SL65 though
post #303 of 367
Quote:
I love when you get into conversations about supremely high-end/high horsepower cars. The spaces in which you can enjoy, no less explore the limits, of these cars is extremely limited. And let's not even start considering posessing the skill necessary to push a 500hp+ sports car... That being said, my vote for uber-fast and sexy modern sports car goes to: The Spyker C8 The Koenigsegg CC8S
I just love the Spyker cars, they're very awesome. The factory is struggling though. Ironically enough they have way to many orders, they can't produce on a sufficient enough scale to make it profitable. This is the website BTW: http://www.spykercars.nl/. For me at last it is a chance to be chauvinistic, we don't have great (or famous at least) tailors in Holland. We're not known for our cuisine. We had some okay painters though. But now we got something that matters in every country. A cool car   And about that MB automatic? The 7-step automatic is pretty damn good.
post #304 of 367
Those Spykers are produced in this little town: Zeewolde: Just like Modena, Maranello or Sant'Agata isn't it
post #305 of 367
Actually Modena is not too small a town, I think it has like 100k people, and it's rather nice, I had lunch there on the way to Marannello, which is more rustic but still seems fairly suburban, not exactly a village. The Ferrari plant was pretty nuts, there were literally Enzos with bug splatter and road grime sitting on the side of the road.
post #306 of 367
Roy, glad to finally meet someone who's actually heard of the Spyker...I didn't know they're having manufacturing troubles. Mind you I should have known when one of the few dealers in the US who was going to sell them suddenly stopped talking about them. I would hate to see them stop production, it's such a unique car with one of the most beauitful interiors I've ever seen. A.
post #307 of 367
Quote:
Roy, glad to finally meet someone who's actually heard of the Spyker...I didn't know they're having manufacturing troubles. Mind you I should have known when one of the few dealers in the US who was going to sell them suddenly stopped talking about them. I would hate to see them stop production, it's such a unique car with one of the most beauitful interiors I've ever seen. A.
It's picking up where Aston Martin left off. AM doesn't handbuilt their cars anymore. Spyker does. It is just so damned expensive. Without taxes it's already 320.000 euros. Which is more expensive than a Vanquish INCLUDING taxes.
post #308 of 367
Now here is a car....Allard
post #309 of 367
I drive an Alfa Romeo 156.
post #310 of 367
Since Alfas aren't imported into the US commercially any more, I don't really follow the line. Which one is yours?
post #311 of 367
Quote:
Since Alfas aren't imported into the US commercially any more, I don't really follow the line.  Which one is yours?
This is an Alfa 156:
post #312 of 367
The one Roy posted is after the facelift. This is the front as it was. Spot the (agressive) difference
post #313 of 367
Quote:
The one Roy posted is after the facelift. This is the front as it was. Spot the (agressive) difference
This isn't really a standard car I think. Look at the front bumper and the rims.
post #314 of 367
Nice wheels. I especially like the front end -- it's like nothing else on the road here in the US.
post #315 of 367
Quote:
Nice wheels.  I especially like the front end -- it's like nothing else on the road here in the US.
I like Alfa, they're quite nice. They're very common here. You'd probably see as many 156s in Europe as F-150s in Texas.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Cars!