or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help with suit issue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help with suit issue

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, I'm new here and this suit that I recently purchased has been giving me a weird issue. It seems to fit but it does a weird thing around the bottom button. It spreads and doesn't sit flush and I'm not sure if it's normal for it to do that.When buttoned up it seems a little tight underneath the arm pit area on both sides. I wore it last night and that's where the top picture is from, the bottom one I just took. It's a suit from a brand called "Tailored Wax" size is 42 in slim fit. Any help and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

 

700

 

700

post #2 of 24
Jacket looks too small for you everywhere.
post #3 of 24

Hi JCB 522

If you think the suit is mostly a good fit, then ok the problem you have specifically referred to of the coat falling away is the coat is crooked and cannot be fixed by these people. If you wish top know what I think of this then read on, otherwise that is the problem and good luck with further purchases.

 

this is getting close to the worst I have seen on style forum and that is saying something. I am trying to help so when I say notice how the narrow shoulders and short coat make you look like a gorilla ( what was that cartoon? ). If you look front on in the mirror your head will look bigger than normal, the shoulder is too narrow and this is messing with the natural balance ie what flatters you. Not only is the coat tight it is crooked as I said earlier and hat is why it is falling away. Have you paid for it ? If so and there is no redress? Then put it down to experience, 

good luck

post #4 of 24
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon View Post

Hi JCB 522

If you think the suit is mostly a good fit, then ok the problem you have specifically referred to of the coat falling away is the coat is crooked and cannot be fixed by these people. If you wish top know what I think of this then read on, otherwise that is the problem and good luck with further purchases.

 

this is getting close to the worst I have seen on style forum and that is saying something. I am trying to help so when I say notice how the narrow shoulders and short coat make you look like a gorilla ( what was that cartoon? ). If you look front on in the mirror your head will look bigger than normal, the shoulder is too narrow and this is messing with the natural balance ie what flatters you. Not only is the coat tight it is crooked as I said earlier and hat is why it is falling away. Have you paid for it ? If so and there is no redress? Then put it down to experience, 

good luck


haha I appreciate that, I've never been called gorilla-esque before standing at 5"10" and about 125lbs haha.Unfortunately yes, I have already paid for it but thankfully it was the cheapest suit I have purchased (300$). I thought it was falling away like that because it was tight but I never even considered it being crooked. I really appreciate your input while I'm looking for a new suit, I guess I'll be staying away from this brand in the future. This was actually the look I'm looking for in my next suit purchase and I thought this one was close, unfortunately I was wrong.

700

700

post #6 of 24
It looks dreadful - is it not just too small for you?
post #7 of 24

Are you really just 5'10 125 lbs? If so, that's got to be the smallest 42 suit I've EVER seen in my life.

As mentioned above, it looks crooked: Your right shoulder/delt is bulging out, while your left arm is looking more normal. 

 

It also seems like there's a pair of pulling bulges on the shoulders. 

 

Do you have the measurements for shoulders and chest/p2p ? 

post #8 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspace View Post

Are you really just 5'10 125 lbs? If so, that's got to be the smallest 42 suit I've EVER seen in my life.

As mentioned above, it looks crooked: Your right shoulder/delt is bulging out, while your left arm is looking more normal. 

 

It also seems like there's a pair of pulling bulges on the shoulders. 

 

Do you have the measurements for shoulders and chest/p2p ? 


Yup, I'm actually 5'10 and my weight ranges from 120-125lbs. This suit is actually off the rack and completely untouched when I wore it in the pictures in my original post.

 

Do you mean my measurements or the measurements of the jacket in question? According to indochino (where one of my other suits came from) my measurements are:

 

Jacket/Shirt Length 28.5″  
Chest Size 37″  
Stomach Size 32.75″  
Jacket Hips 38.25″  
Shoulder Size 17″  
Sleeve Length 24″  
Bicep Size 13.5″  
Wrist Size 10.5″

 

As for measurements of this jacket, I'm not sure since it's off the rack. Do I just take my tape measure and go directly across one shoulder seam to the other?

post #9 of 24
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspace View Post

Follow this guide 

 

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/Tutorials/AndrewHarrisEBayMeasurement.htm


Chest is about 18"

Waist at 2nd button is 16"

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam is 15.5"

Jacket length is 26"

Sleeve length is about 24"

post #11 of 24
Are you sure that's not an EU 42'
post #12 of 24
^guy in the pictures looks awful. look at the lapels on the jacket. cant you tell it's way too tight?
post #13 of 24
I suspect the start of the problem may be that you paid $300 for something called Tailored Wax, which I couldn't find with a quick Google search. where did you get it?

Fit issues aside, you are talking about the part of the jacket called the quarters. Some coats are designed with closed quarters (closer together all the way to the bottom) and some with open quarters (that pull away like yours).
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I suspect the start of the problem may be that you paid $300 for something called Tailored Wax, which I couldn't find with a quick Google search. where did you get it?
Fit issues aside, you are talking about the part of the jacket called the quarters. Some coats are designed with closed quarters (closer together all the way to the bottom) and some with open quarters (that pull away like yours).

I bought it at this local store that carries Vivienne Westwood, Alexander Mcqueen, Raf simmons and the like so I figured it would be an okay brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post

Are you sure that's not an EU 42'


Yeah, it is a European 42

post #15 of 24
If you have a 37" chest you should be looking at an EU 48 maybe a large 46. A 42 is way too small.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help with suit issue