or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › MC General Chat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MC General Chat - Page 48

post #706 of 2002

Hey, it ended up circling back to cloth & fabric, so I say it's on topic. :p

post #707 of 2002
lol8[1].gif
post #708 of 2002

Hi all,

I have a question about blazers. I really like a certain wool APC piece, but I'm wondering if I can wear it in Spring/Summer. I do not dress up much, but I want a nice blazer that I can wear with my grenson shoes and just some chinos, maybe a polo or a tee. I was looking at both of these APC blazers:

http://www.parkandbond.com/product/99833668

http://www.nittygrittystore.com/men/tailoring/flannel-2-button-jacket

I like the second one more (the wool) because I think I can dress it down and wear it better with my oxfords and even jeans. Can I wear this thing year round or is there some blazer rule?

post #709 of 2002
^Both those "blazers" look completely ridiculous to me. Button stance way too high, jacket way too short. Also, I wouldn't advise that you purchase as separates items that can also be bought together as a suit.
post #710 of 2002
A friend sent me this link since I love (most) Wes Anderson movies...my first reaction was to drool over Gene Hackman's overcoat:

http://kanyewesanderson.tumblr.com/post/33365504943/the-royal-tenenbaums-all-of-the-lights
post #711 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

^Both those "blazers" look completely ridiculous to me. Button stance way too high, jacket way too short. Also, I wouldn't advise that you purchase as separates items that can also be bought together as a suit.


haha ok I get that you aren't fond of the fit. Here's the actual pic of that second jacket, it's a bit different. I read somewhere that the different colored buttons, and the fact that it can be purchased separately/has no padding indicates that it's suitable to be worn separately. Is this not the case with this jacket?

http://cdn.styleforum.net/6/66/667d1ea8_9aa9c53e_ScreenShot2012-02-08at10.16.07PM.png
 

post #712 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1234 View Post


haha ok I get that you aren't fond of the fit. Here's the actual pic of that second jacket, it's a bit different. I read somewhere that the different colored buttons, and the fact that it can be purchased separately/has no padding indicates that it's suitable to be worn separately. Is this not the case with this jacket?

http://cdn.styleforum.net/6/66/667d1ea8_9aa9c53e_ScreenShot2012-02-08at10.16.07PM.png

 

It mitigates the problem if the jacket is navy, but there's less of a tradition of solid gray odd jackets. If you dig through whnay's good taste thread (I think it's in that one), there are pages of discussion of the difficulty of gray odd jackets.
post #713 of 2002
If you want to get a gray-hued odd jacket, try a black-and-white herringbone instead.
post #714 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

If you want to get a gray-hued odd jacket, try a black-and-white herringbone instead.

Grey Donegal is the way to go.
post #715 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Grey Donegal is the way to go.

Another good option.
post #716 of 2002

It's a chevron charcoal grey with a "subtle" herringbone weave. Still no good?
 

post #717 of 2002
Can't add much to what unbel said. Wise words there, would be smart to heed them.
post #718 of 2002
Thread Starter 
The color and fabric are kind of secondary to the cut. It's a fashion forward cut. Not something that will get a lot of love here, but you may try the SWD side of the board.
post #719 of 2002

Fair enough. Thanks for the advice. Just to clarify, what this guy has going on with this Band of Outsiders jacket is not really correct due to the plain wool flannel blazer?

http://www.emenfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/12/Band-of-Outsiders-Slim-Fit-Wool-Flannel-Blazer-4-580x605.jpg

Obviously, this is more of the look that I am shooting for.

post #720 of 2002
I know its not the best pic, but if you were me, what would you do as a SC? Ill preface with a heavy bias towards the top one, left column.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › MC General Chat