or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › MC General Chat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MC General Chat - Page 14

post #196 of 2002
Gotcha. I've had to continually ask for more length and lower buttoning point in my commissions with NSM. I just think her eye is calibrated a bit differently from mine when it comes to proportions.
post #197 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Gotcha. I've had to continually ask for more length and lower buttoning point in my commissions with NSM. I just think her eye is calibrated a bit differently from mine when it comes to proportions.

Yea, I was more aggressive about the lower buttoning point than about the length, which I think resulted in a couple of jackets that are a bit "top heavy" in that there's a long line from gorge to button, and then a shorter line from button to hem. It's just something that I have to keep an eye out for in future commissions. These are my first bespoke commissions ever, and I'm very happy with them - just evolving my eye and preferences over time. As a word of advice to anyone starting out doing bespoke, go slow, do not expect perfection with your first few items.
post #198 of 2002
Thread Starter 
You won't believe what I received in the mail today

Professional CVS tape

(I write about men's clothing for various websites, and PR firms send me things sometimes)
post #199 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

You won't believe what I received in the mail today
Professional CVS tape
(I write about men's clothing for various websites, and PR firms send me things sometimes)

Now you can wear your shirts 2-5 times longer without washing them!
post #200 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

At risk of getting hunted down and shot with a bb gun by Nick Wooster...am I the only one that finds all this camo stuff completey ridiculous?

do not mess with sir nick.
post #201 of 2002
random thought of the day.

i am really liking forrest green right now. ties, casual shirts, socks. even suede shoes.
post #202 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

random thought of the day.
i am really liking forrest green right now. ties, casual shirts, socks. even suede shoes.

uhoh.gif
post #203 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

uhoh.gif

lol. its a bit beyond, i know. but im in a green mood. i saw a pair of green suede full brouged wingtips that would be great with jeans, and some great dark racing green dress shoes. past that im not sure i could handle.
post #204 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

random thought of the day.
i am really liking forrest green right now. ties, casual shirts, socks. even suede shoes.

I have a pair of wide-wale corduroys in forest green. They are some of my favorite pants come Fall. Look great with a heather v-neck, white OCBD and coffee-colored suede tassels.
post #205 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

random thought of the day.
i am really liking forrest green right now. ties, casual shirts, socks. even suede shoes.

I picked up a DB suit in glen plaid with a forest green overcheck recently. It's going to the tailor in the next couple of weeks.

I'm feeling the dark green, too.
post #206 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC View Post

I picked up a DB suit in glen plaid with a forest green overcheck recently. It's going to the tailor in the next couple of weeks.
I'm feeling the dark green, too.

sounds cool. post pics when you get it back. smile.gif
post #207 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

uhoh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lol. its a bit beyond, i know. but im in a green mood. i saw a pair of green suede full brouged wingtips that would be great with jeans, and some great dark racing green dress shoes. past that im not sure i could handle.

There are some moss green chukka boots on the christian kimber blog (a new shoe line out of Australia that's coming this fall) and they look pretty good to me. I'd still prefer brown.
post #208 of 2002
original.jpg
post #209 of 2002
^^ the man does make a lot of green ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

There are some moss green chukka boots on the christian kimber blog (a new shoe line out of Australia that's coming this fall) and they look pretty good to me. I'd still prefer brown.

yea, i dont mean to say they would be the first color choice for a given item. but after having the necessary items, its a great go to color for something extra.
post #210 of 2002
Capes are good for that too.

01250160bf3627eda79720ecdd16c8bd.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › MC General Chat