or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments - Page 184

post #2746 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericleavitt View Post
 

@zalb916 It doesn't look too wide to you? I mean i love the look of the parka here:

 

It's supposed to look too wide. I love the look of it on that guy too. I tried it on, and I looked ridiculous. It's just not the easiest piece to pull off. I don't think it looks bad on you. However, if you aren't feeling the look, then I wouldn't force it.

post #2747 of 3591
If there's any doubt in your mind, send it back, that doubt will always be there and you'll end up never wearing it in favour of other stuff that you actually love.
post #2748 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post

If there's any doubt in your mind, send it back, that doubt will always be there and you'll end up never wearing it in favour of other stuff that you actually love.

Very sound advice - I've occasionally gone back to a garment I wasn't sure about a few months or even a year later and rediscovered it's charm but generally they've just taken up wardrobe space.
post #2749 of 3591
Thread Starter 
@ericleavitt I think the coat looks great on you and the fit is good. No need for an alteration @drinkwaters on this one. However, if you're not feeling it, someone out there will scoop it up.
post #2750 of 3591
@ericleavitt Looks too big, since you asked. It appears the shoulders are about 3" down your arms. I love that parka but it would have to fit me a little better to keep.
post #2751 of 3591

@ericleavitt I don't think that parka fits you terribly. Like @nickp said, if you're looking for flawless fit this isn't the brand for you. You can work with it or resell if it just isn't personally working out for you. If that is current season then try to put it up before the big holiday sales hit so that your listing is competitive.

 

My suggestion for you is to spend some time researching the brand before purchasing any other items. I know it is probably all new and exciting, but I think the core group of posters here would agree that we all made at least one regretful EG purchase which would have been prevented by simply taking a step back.

post #2752 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsltrls View Post

@ericleavitt
 I don't think that parka fits you terribly. Like @nickp
 said, if you're looking for flawless fit this isn't the brand for you. You can work with it or resell if it just isn't personally working out for you. If that is current season then try to put it up before the big holiday sales hit so that your listing is competitive.

My suggestion for you is to spend some time researching the brand before purchasing any other items. I know it is probably all new and exciting, but I think the core group of posters here would agree that we all made at least one regretful EG purchase which would have been prevented by simply taking a step back.

This isn't my first EG purchase, I have a lot of there pieces that I wear on a consistent basis: Fatigue Pants, Ghurka Pants, Bedford Jacket, Over Vest, Cruiser Jacket, etc... I loved the way it fit in the look book, but it's way too large in person. I'll try to return it for a refund, because Federal Store doesn't have anything else I'd like to exchange it for, and if they don't accept it I'll just sell it you know where.
post #2753 of 3591
I think the highland parka looks dope. Try wearing some slimmer fitting pants (EG E-1's come to mind) and some unconventional shoes - like some Air Force 1 lows or something. That is one of those pieces that looks really neat worn with crazy stuff. It's the epitome of 'big top, little bottom' from EG.
post #2754 of 3591

Love how you say that - so many possible EG silhouettes that are still so EG.

 

My favorite is the EG Egg. A-line jacket with carrot fit pants - coincidentally like 80% of FW15.

post #2755 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp View Post
 

Love how you say that - so many possible EG silhouettes that are still so EG.

 

My favorite is the EG Egg. A-line jacket with carrot fit pants - coincidentally like 80% of FW15.

 

just received the navy floral reversible jacket that comes to a kind of bell-shape at the hem...i think that's the EG Egg of which you speak! love it!

post #2756 of 3591
Fall/Winter 16

post #2757 of 3591

I put on a pair of New Balances, and a pair of Ghurka's and it looks dope. I think I just need to mess around with the draw strings. @lawlercon 

post #2758 of 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitant View Post

Fall/Winter 16

EG Pear!

post #2759 of 3591

FW16 looks interesting !

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter1 View Post

@ericleavitt Looks too big, since you asked. It appears the shoulders are about 3" down your arms. I love that parka but it would have to fit me a little better to keep.

 

The parka (much as vintage m-51 parka's do) has dropped shoulders - they're supposed to be like that.  Even an XS is over 19 inches shoulder to shoulder so unless you're typically a L and decide to wear an XS the seams aren't going to line up on your shoulders (and it would look bad if you did that - the sleeves would be too short apart from anything else).

 

I think @ericleavitt looks just fine in the parka. I'd actually prefer to see it with one less layer underneath so it hangs straighter from the chest, rather than with both a cruiser and the cardigan underneath - I'm not sure bulking it out helps the fit, although its cool from a practical standpoint that you can fit lots of warm layers.

post #2760 of 3591

Hey folks,
Was wondering if anyone could speak to their experiences with the EG reversible coat? Currently lusting over the navy ripstop cotton/nylon model from the current season..the jacquard pattern is so amazingly subtle as well. How did you size on it? Looking to make the purchase after Christmas. Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments