or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Show us how you roll in EG
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us how you roll in EG - Page 62

post #916 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by El QUaG View Post

^ Good use of the C-1 Vest. How did you size on this?

I took my normal size. Adjustable straps in the back so you can use it as an overvest also

post #917 of 1367

Bedfords, floral shirt, Brookline, APC NS, how do I wear the floral side of the brookline?

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by accordion - 4/18/14 at 11:09am
post #918 of 1367
I know it's EG and you don't have to follow any roolz but I think those would look better without all the buttons done...

Seems to be pulling a bit much?
post #919 of 1367
You're right, I usually wear the bedford as a blazer but when it's cold out I button it up underneath the brookline or any coat, I don't like buttoning up the brookline... and also I've gained weight.

Edit: nvm I'm just bad at taking pictures, and also I had my arms back which stretched the jacket. Took some new ones with buttoned and unbuttoned looks. The plaid shirts are uniqlo, floral ones are EG.
Edited by accordion - 4/18/14 at 11:13am
post #920 of 1367

Digging the nail apron Knight!  And the C-1 action Pratt Kale, good stuff!  I've been wanting to experiment with mine as an outer layer more often (like the ss14 runway looks), its a great as a mid-layer piece though.

 

Only one EG item here but thought I'd post anyhow, SS14 heather grey cotton oxford USNs (thanks to Drinkwaters!)

 

 

with Ts(s) scarf, Post Overalls jacket, Kamakura shirt, Tricker's

post #921 of 1367
Those USNs look terrific mate. Is that the engineers jacket in the indigo swirl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan7 View Post

Digging the nail apron Knight!  And the C-1 action Pratt Kale, good stuff!  I've been wanting to experiment with mine as an outer layer more often (like the ss14 runway looks), its a great as a mid-layer piece though.

Only one EG item here but thought I'd post anyhow, SS14 heather grey cotton oxford USNs (thanks to Drinkwaters!)






with Ts(s) scarf, Post Overalls jacket, Kamakura shirt, Tricker's
post #922 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post

Those USNs look terrific mate. Is that the engineers jacket in the indigo swirl?

 

It sure does look like it.  I have been eyeing that engineers jacket however I am in blue jeans most of the time and am not quite sure that indigo swirl would look good on top of them.  Have you tried it with jeans?  I have the engineers in indigo vintage hickory stripe on its way to me - my first o'alls piece.  It should look good on top of jeans.  I do like the indigo swirl though.

Such a shame Post is so difficult to find in the States - absolutely crazy as I am located just outside of NY - where the stuff is made!

post #923 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post

Those USNs look terrific mate. Is that the engineers jacket in the indigo swirl?


Thanks mate! yeah its the indigo swirl engineer.  Haven did a sneak preview of Post spring/summer stuff months back and showed the traveler vest in that fabric and I had it in my mind since I needed something in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post
 

 

It sure does look like it.  I have been eyeing that engineers jacket however I am in blue jeans most of the time and am not quite sure that indigo swirl would look good on top of them.  Have you tried it with jeans?  I have the engineers in indigo vintage hickory stripe on its way to me - my first o'alls piece.  It should look good on top of jeans.  I do like the indigo swirl though.

Such a shame Post is so difficult to find in the States - absolutely crazy as I am located just outside of NY - where the stuff is made!

 

It actually looks pretty good with jeans - better than I expected -  I got it primarily to wear with grey and olive pants.  Hickory stripe sounds a good way to go with denim.

post #924 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan7 View Post


Thanks mate! yeah its the indigo swirl engineer.  Haven did a sneak preview of Post spring/summer stuff months back and showed the traveler vest in that fabric and I had it in my mind since I needed something in it.

It actually looks pretty good with jeans - better than I expected -  I got it primarily to wear with grey and olive pants.  Hickory stripe sounds a good way to go with denim.

You're welcome mate keep up the posts, I think everyone who keeps posting just looks terrific! Those engineer jackets are amazing so you chose well. I still have 2 pieces to get then my ss14 hoarding is done.

I did however get the short coverall jacket in the indigo denim railroad stripe. I figured I'd go all out and wore this today and yes I had some interesting reactions:

/ short coverall jacket indigo denim railroad stripe / work shirt blue chambray / painter pant indigo denim 8oz / bow tie & Tablier in navy printed foulard / trickers

Concerning tabliers: if you all wish to get one they're quite long and you'll find yourself wearing them quite high around the waist.

post #925 of 1367
nice fit knight, I really like the fold over cinch strap detail on the painters

regarding the tablier,
- how far does it wrap around your back?
- have you considered hemming the tablier in order to wear it a bit lower on the waist?
- is there any other way you could think of wearing it?
- if possible, could you post measurements and maybe a pic spread out, or is it just a big square with the smaller fold over part, I want to get a feel for the size/shape of this thing and how else I could possibly wear it or could do with it now that I know its going to be too long from the start
Edited by canstyleace - 4/20/14 at 1:03pm
post #926 of 1367
Thanks cansty! This seasons painter pant had the best details I've seen yet.

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

- The Tablier wraps just like any other apron only difference -- it's just from the hip down

- it has 2 long straps that wrap right around your hip then back to the front so you can tie it up nicely

- it has 2 belt loops -- one on each end, this way your straps don't draft about as you tie it up

- the front pouch is detachable

- it's not square, it doesn't blouse towards the bottom either -- it's more of an even rectangle than anything else

You can easily hem it from the bottom up if you're shorter in height. I'm 6ft and from the pics in the lookbook the length is right for me personally.

Another way you could wear it could possibly be a scarf. The pouch is detectable leaving nothing but a long rectangular fabric with 2 straps. You could easily fold it up, cover the straps and you've got yourself a foulard scarf.

I can pm you with measurements if need be -- I'll try to get that done for you soon. Hope this helps for the meantime mate.
post #927 of 1367

^ Knight, since you have both the Tablier & Nail Apron, which do you think is more versatile or easier to carry off?

post #928 of 1367
@Knight, more info than expected, cheers mate! and yeah I'm considerably shorter hence the hemming question
post #929 of 1367

Pardon the terrible pic and pregnant belly. Fiance's Easter FWK fit. 

post #930 of 1367
^ nice scarf!

@canstylease anytime, hope it helps.

@Dino19 it depends what you're going for. I personally believe the nail apron has the most versatility you can wear it as an apron as I did in my look pic / you can wear it as an out wear piece over a Bedford, Andover etc and you can also wear it as a vest! I picked up the latest issue of Brutus magazine and it has 6 pages of beautifully styled looks -- one showing the nail apron worn inside. See below. Hope this helps





New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Show us how you roll in EG