or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Kosher Chinese Food Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Kosher Chinese Food Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Why are the Jews so fixated on the Chinese culture?

I thought it was in appreciation for being open on Christmas for dinner.
post #17 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Serious question: What are the requirements of a kosher kitchen?
At minimum, a sink and some sort of heating device - usually an oven and burners (or electric hobbs). Most also have refrigerators.
post #18 of 75
Thread Starter 
stitches will have the ultimate answer, but in short, never cook any proscribed foods in there, and also you have to have different storage, utensils, and the like for meat vs. dairy and never the twain shall meet.
post #19 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Why are the Jews so fixated on the Chinese culture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

No, seriously.

its the only segment of society were are usually taller than.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Serious question: What are the requirements of a kosher kitchen?

this is a not a simple question. would require a long post to answer properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

stitches will have the ultimate answer, but in short, never cook any proscribed foods in there, and also you have to have different storage, utensils, and the like for meat vs. dairy and never the twain shall meet.

this is pretty much correct. however, you do not need separate refrigerators, or ovens (the explanation for the oven situation is extremely lengthy. in short, meat and milk can never be in there at the same time, and the oven must be burnt out/self cleaned between usages. microwaves, dishwashers and toasters have to be designated meat or dairy, however.) you do need separate utensils. from silverware, to flatware, pots and pans......

non kosher food may never be introduced to the area at all. shrimp, pig, mixtures of milk ans meat, non properly slaughtered meat......

that is the short answer, hope it help AC.
post #20 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Serious question: What are the requirements of a kosher kitchen?

Take the number of Jews that keep kosher, multiple that by 26, and you will have the number of opinions that exist on this topic.
post #21 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Take the number of Jews that keep kosher, multiple that by 26, and you will have the number of opinions that exist on this topic.

laugh.gif

i see where you are going, and there is some truth to that, but it is not that arbitrary, its actually very structured for those that know what they are talking about. no, not every jew with a beard has a flying fucks worth of an idea what he is talking about. lots of people like to pretend like they do, though.

i know i just did, but i dont really want to get into this now. frown.gif
post #22 of 75
As an outsider, the major points seem pretty firm. Around the edges though? Holy shit!
post #23 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

As an outsider, the major points seem pretty firm. Around the edges though? Holy shit!

it always amazes me how much you know about us.
post #24 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

As an outsider, the major points seem pretty firm. Around the edges though? Holy shit!

it always amazes me how much you know about us.

You are a fascinating lot.
post #25 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

As an outsider, the major points seem pretty firm. Around the edges though? Holy shit!

lol, even around the edges it is more concrete than it may seem to the eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

it always amazes me how much you know about us.

inorite. even though i know he knows, im surprised when i find out what else he knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You are a fascinating lot.

in certain respects. smile.gif
post #26 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

As an outsider, the major points seem pretty firm. Around the edges though? Holy shit!

lol, even around the edges it is more concrete than it may seem to the eye.

So...glass dishes. Same dish can be used for both meat and dairy?
post #27 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So...glass dishes. Same dish can be used for both meat and dairy?

I suspect you know the anser to that...
post #28 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So...glass dishes. Same dish can be used for both meat and dairy?

I suspect you know the anser to that...

smile.gif

There's the answer and then there's the answer.

Technically, yes. Practically? Well, this is where I say things around the edges seem subject to non-conformity. IMO, it's like that in most everything humans do.
post #29 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

smile.gif
There's the answer and then there's the answer.
Technically, yes. Practically? Well, this is where I say things around the edges seem subject to non-conformity. IMO, it's like that in most everything humans do.
What are you talking about, specifically.
post #30 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

smile.gif
There's the answer and then there's the answer.
Technically, yes. Practically? Well, this is where I say things around the edges seem subject to non-conformity. IMO, it's like that in most everything humans do.
What are you talking about, specifically.

Dinner plates made of glass and using them for both meat and dairy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Kosher Chinese Food Thread