or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The underwear thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The underwear thread... - Page 3

post #31 of 51
They're significantly nicer than the oxford cloth boxers I'm phasing out. MOP buttons on the RLPL and Brioni and the Luxury Polo are out of production. They were easily the best price to quality ratio of the group, about $50/pr, the elastic is covered by fabric, they button at the waist, and are made of fantastic fabrics. Brioni & RLPL are about 3x that much, but are a bit nicer in terms of fabric, construction and the Mop buttons are nice....they're also made in Italy.
post #32 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

They're significantly nicer than the oxford cloth boxers I'm phasing out. MOP buttons on the RLPL and Brioni and the Luxury Polo are out of production. They were easily the best price to quality ratio of the group, about $50/pr, the elastic is covered by fabric, they button at the waist, and are made of fantastic fabrics. Brioni & RLPL are about 3x that much, but are a bit nicer in terms of fabric, construction and the Mop buttons are nice....they're also made in Italy.

Wow, they sound really great. I have few other items from RLPL and Brioni but never set my mind on their underwear. 

post #33 of 51
I like Sunspel boxers. No seam in the back to ride up your butt and they last forever. The sale on their website ends tonight.
post #34 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

I like Sunspel boxers. No seam in the back to ride up your butt and they last forever. The sale on their website ends tonight.

Yepp they are the best have like 20 pairs. Yes I know already got me 7 pairs from the sale :)

post #35 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have about 100 black polo boxer briefs.

you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Why style are you looking for? Brief (tighties), Trunks (cross between tighties and boxer briefs. Think boy shorts on a girl), or Boxer Briefs (go down the leg a bit).

Also, do you need any special material? Sweat resistant, smell resistant, extra soft fabric, etc.?

black or gray boxer briefs, no logo, natural materials, and no butt seam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C View Post

I threw some money at this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jakehimself/flint-and-tinder-premium-mens-underwear

I'm hoping it turns out well.

I have been following them, lets see how they turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

I like Sunspel boxers. No seam in the back to ride up your butt and they last forever. The sale on their website ends tonight.
Yepp they are the best have like 20 pairs. Yes I know already got me 7 pairs from the sale smile.gif

missed the sale by a few hours frown.gif
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Yepp they are the best have like 20 pairs. Yes I know already got me 7 pairs from the sale :)

 

How is the quality after they moved manufacturing to Turkey?

post #37 of 51
I was under the impression they still make most of their stuff in the UK. I'll have to check labels when I get home. Anyway, quality of the ones I just bought seems the same.
post #38 of 51
Thread Starter 

I have seen no diffrence, still the best for me and still the same comfor if it's old/new ones. 

post #39 of 51
I wore oc boxers for years then shifted to lands end boxer briefs which are very comfortable but after 2-3 years are getting raggedy. I'll buy some this year, probably stick with boxer briefs but may shift to Duluth trading co, more expensive but possibly more durable
post #40 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

I wore oc boxers for years then shifted to lands end boxer briefs which are very comfortable but after 2-3 years are getting raggedy. I'll buy some this year, probably stick with boxer briefs but may shift to Duluth trading co, more expensive but possibly more durable

What does OC stand for?

post #41 of 51
Oxford cloth
post #42 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

Oxford cloth

Aha ok :D

post #43 of 51
Thread Starter 

Will see what the new Sunspel boxers I ordered are made in. Will return with answers.

post #44 of 51
The Sunspel boxers don't actually state where they are made. Hmmm.
According to this article, most of their stuff is still made in England but quite a bit is manufactured in Portugal and Turkey: http://www.drapersonline.com/independents/sunspel/5029750.article
As previously stated, the quality seems the same as always.
post #45 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

The Sunspel boxers don't actually state where they are made. Hmmm.
According to this article, most of their stuff is still made in England but quite a bit is manufactured in Portugal and Turkey: http://www.drapersonline.com/independents/sunspel/5029750.article
As previously stated, the quality seems the same as always.

Interesting... well I have seen no diffrence between my old Sunspel and new ones. But then again not that new, so will check out with the latest boxers that will arrive any day soon now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The underwear thread...