Mine does, with the quilted lining removed. But it looks too big over just a sweater without the lining.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAlpha Industries M-65 Field Coat- Black Xlargetagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- itemApolis Standard Issue Field Jackettagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- itemBarbour International Trials Waxed Jacket - Blacktagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- topicJ Crewtagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- itemJ. Crew Fatigue Jackettagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Ryan Gosling's herringbone coat/jacket Last post on 1/16/13 at 10:07am in Streetwear and Denim
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Tops/Jackets/Pants/Shoes: Yuketen, J Crew, RL, Uniqlo, Gant, etc. (S/M) (More Drops) Last post on 6/9/11 at 2:32pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/11 drops: rl margiela dior homme geller lim gucci schneider lova marc jacobs jcrew Last post on 6/11/11 at 2:41am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FINAL DROPS▐M/34/11:Levi's→BR Leather Jacket→Timberland Abington Chukka→J. Crew Last post on 6/1/11 at 9:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Field jacket trilemma - Page 3
Poll Results: Other things being equal, what is best?
32 Total Votespost #31 of 608/4/12 at 7:18amThread Starterpost #32 of 608/4/12 at 9:42ampost #33 of 608/4/12 at 10:43ampost #34 of 608/4/12 at 11:09ampost #35 of 608/4/12 at 2:58pmThread StarterQuote:
12% (4)(1) Issued, well-worn army surplus jacket.
31% (10)(2) Unissued, authentic army jacket / repro of past uniform.
56% (18)(3) Civilian jacket inspired by army design, with artificial 'worn in' effect.
True. It's the M-42 I think, part of the jump suit used at D-Day etc. But I don't see how it's conceptually different from a field jacket, since it's not the same thing as the parachute smock used by, e.g., the British army.post #36 of 608/4/12 at 3:08pmpost #37 of 608/4/12 at 5:02pmpost #38 of 608/5/12 at 2:09amThread Starterpost #39 of 608/5/12 at 3:39amThread StarterHmm, I rather like this (Paul Smith):
I've come to the conclusion that I want a ghillie collar and angled pockets.
The only problem with current civilian field coats is that they follow the short jacket trend, so they appear a bit out of proportion -- the drawstring sits too high and the jacket falls too short. That would be an argument for sticking to an old military pattern, I guess.post #40 of 608/5/12 at 3:56amQuote:
Only Soldiers making fun of Soldiers and this was the ACU field jacket. I don't know exactly why people mocked them but we had one guy that was dubbed Field Jacket Dale after wearing his once and the nickname never went away. I'd like to think that it was a subconscious reaction to taking the classic field jacket and putting this awful camo pattern on it.post #41 of 608/5/12 at 4:20amI recently got this vintage italian field jacket which I really like (bottom of the page). You can find them on the web fairly easily and my local thrift shop has a few left should you be interested.
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/79206-vintageinspired-military-workwear-clothing-center/page__st__480post #42 of 608/5/12 at 4:24ampost #43 of 608/5/12 at 7:40amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Crat
I recently got this vintage italian field jacket which I really like (bottom of the page). You can find them on the web fairly easily and my local thrift shop has a few left should you be interested.
These are the jackets I grew up around (Italian army brat here). They make me a bit melancholy.post #44 of 608/5/12 at 8:01ampost #45 of 608/5/12 at 9:03am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) just now
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › TIMOTHY EVEREST for M&S 38S 3 Piece Suit Birdseye Grey 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › What to wear this with? 5 minutes ago
- › Common Projects Achilles, low, EU 42. Washed Brown. NEW. 6 minutes ago
- › Paying 50 bucks to who can identify this shoe 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official... 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...