Mine does, with the quilted lining removed. But it looks too big over just a sweater without the lining.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAlpha Industries M-65 Field Coat- Black Xlargetagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- itemApolis Standard Issue Field Jackettagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- itemBarbour International Trials Waxed Jacket - Blacktagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- topicJ Crewtagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
- itemJ. Crew Fatigue Jackettagged by SYSTEM, 8/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Ryan Gosling's herringbone coat/jacket Last post on 1/16/13 at 10:07am in Streetwear and Denim
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Tops/Jackets/Pants/Shoes: Yuketen, J Crew, RL, Uniqlo, Gant, etc. (S/M) (More Drops) Last post on 6/9/11 at 2:32pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 6/11 drops: rl margiela dior homme geller lim gucci schneider lova marc jacobs jcrew Last post on 6/11/11 at 2:41am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FINAL DROPS▐M/34/11:Levi's→BR Leather Jacket→Timberland Abington Chukka→J. Crew Last post on 6/1/11 at 9:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Field jacket trilemma - Page 3
Poll Results: Other things being equal, what is best?
10% (3)(1) Issued, well-worn army surplus jacket.
31% (9)(2) Unissued, authentic army jacket / repro of past uniform.
58% (17)(3) Civilian jacket inspired by army design, with artificial 'worn in' effect.
Styles mentioned in this thread:
True. It's the M-42 I think, part of the jump suit used at D-Day etc. But I don't see how it's conceptually different from a field jacket, since it's not the same thing as the parachute smock used by, e.g., the British army.
I've come to the conclusion that I want a ghillie collar and angled pockets.
The only problem with current civilian field coats is that they follow the short jacket trend, so they appear a bit out of proportion -- the drawstring sits too high and the jacket falls too short. That would be an argument for sticking to an old military pattern, I guess.
Only Soldiers making fun of Soldiers and this was the ACU field jacket. I don't know exactly why people mocked them but we had one guy that was dubbed Field Jacket Dale after wearing his once and the nickname never went away. I'd like to think that it was a subconscious reaction to taking the classic field jacket and putting this awful camo pattern on it.
I recently got this vintage italian field jacket which I really like (bottom of the page). You can find them on the web fairly easily and my local thrift shop has a few left should you be interested.
These are the jackets I grew up around (Italian army brat here). They make me a bit melancholy.
- Field jacket trilemma
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 41 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...