or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are these shoes too much?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are these shoes too much?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

1000

I hate how these shoes look. Very comfortable, but not down to earth at all. I am not a millionaire ceo with a nice Armani suit and a rolex. I work at best buy. These are amazingly comfortable. I need a similar shoe with an arch support that is available in 11.5 W. I am not very shoe savvy so I would greatly appreciate it if someone could recommend a shoe that isn't pointy or shinny, but one that has the arch support and cushioning. I like the fabric on the one below. Any suggestions?

 

700

post #2 of 21
Just no, I am sorry, better to buy loake or meerin
post #3 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Just no, I am sorry, better to buy loake or meerin

 

To confirm add911_11's point, horrendous fabric, horrible square toes and what on earth is going on with the sole (probably non-slip)?

 

Read this thread for the basics of different shoe levels i.e. low-entry, mid-range and high-end. Read this thread for a further detailed discussion, although the thread discusses the hierarchy of English shoes.

 

What colour suit or suits do you intend to wear with your shoes? How long will you be standing in your shoes? How far will you be walking in your shoes?

 

You'll need a minimum of 2 pairs of shoes for rotation i.e. to give each pair a rest, and not to wear the same pair on consecutive days. You also need to buy shoe trees to maintain your shoes.

 

I was in your position (although I don't work in Best Buy) in terms of having zero knowledge about shoes. I initially bought a pair of Loake 1880s in the Aldwych last, and shortly after, bought 2 pairs of Meermins (single monks and wholecuts).

 

Others can assist with arch support and cushioning. The basic point is that you should be able to find a couple of decent low-entry shoes, that will enhance your professional image (subject to suitable suit fit and colour co-ordination) that will not cost a fortune, and will be 100 times better (and last longer) than those brown monstrosities that you posted.

post #4 of 21
this is a lost cause.

The dude thinks a rockport or ecco black loafer is "millionaire CEO" like and you guys are recommending loake or meermins.

Get real.
post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 

they are magnanni's. Umad?

post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmth View Post

they are magnanni's. Umad?

no, I'm not mad.

Let me rephrase, if you think Magnannis are "too much", you are probably in the wrong place.

What do your best buy coworkers wear?
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


no, I'm not mad.
Let me rephrase, if you think Magnannis are "too much", you are probably in the wrong place.
What do your best buy coworkers wear?

Let me rephrase. Magnannis are too much for a part time minimum wage sales associate job at a big box store. I guess I am in the wrong place. I am not a shallow materialistic bitch that hides behind his keyboard and purchases overly expensive clothing because I am insecure with myself. My coworkers wear tennis shoes. And since you are so intelligent. You would already know that different people have different feet.

post #8 of 21
Haha new members...smile.gif

on a serious note, I think SF members can make better recommendations if you can provide your budget.
post #9 of 21
Check out Allen Edmonds, then call the Allen Edmonds Shoebank. They have a 2 for $300 sale going on until Sunday.
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmth View Post

Let me rephrase. Magnannis are too much for a part time minimum wage sales associate job at a big box store. I guess I am in the wrong place. I am not a shallow materialistic bitch that hides behind his keyboard and purchases overly expensive clothing because I am insecure with myself. My coworkers wear tennis shoes. And since you are so intelligent. You would already know that different people have different feet.

..

not even gonna bother.
post #11 of 21
Thread Starter 

No more than 300 because most shoes can be bought somewhere online for half the price if you know your size.
 

post #12 of 21
[quote name="Ohmth" url="/t/309844/are-these-shoes-too-much#post
I am not a millionaire ceo with a nice Armani suit and a rolex. I work at best buy.

[/quote]

You don't need to be a CEO to appreciate a good pair of shoes, I can understand with a starter a pair cost more than £100 is going to be over the edge, however a good pair of shoes looks nicer and last longer had the proper treatment been made

Your analogy is bad, Armani suits these days are shit. In my country a Rolex is definitely not a luxuary, rather it is recognized as simply a nice watch and has good reselling value.

You probably just very young, don't worry and enjoy your life
post #13 of 21

Not necessarily a lost cause.  Perhaps in the future under different work circumstances and financial situation...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
this is a lost cause.
The dude thinks a rockport or ecco black loafer is "millionaire CEO" like and you guys are recommending loake or meermins.
Get real.
post #14 of 21
SF posters are truly insane,
If you work at BestBuy for $9/hr, just wear Merrel, Ecco, Rockports, Clarks, etc.
These are the most comfortable shoes you can buy that are not sneakers.

If you want to step it up, and buy a pair you can also wear casually, take a look here ($60 to $150)
http://www.target.com/p/men-s-daxx-suede-oxfords-brown/-/A-14103135
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/oxfords/PRDOVR~37838/37838.jsp
http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-suede-buck-shoes~243368_-1.html
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/Macalisterboots.jsp?navLoc=left_nav
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes.jsp?navLoc=left_nav
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmth View Post

No more than 300 because most shoes can be bought somewhere online for half the price if you know your size.


That's 2 pairs of AE's for $300. Not bad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are these shoes too much?