or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition - Page 55

post #811 of 1346

Hal, you are awesome. I love the watering can. Is that vintage as well?

post #812 of 1346

 

The hat, trousers and jacket are from the 1950´s (or 1940´s). Socks from Pantherella i brand new. The brogue shoes from Trickers are rather new but second hand. The  water jug is definitely vintage.

post #813 of 1346

 

The wool cardigan must be homeknitted and the tie in wool comes from an old teacher. The jacket was called a Mororcycle jacket at that time (1940-50´s). The plus-fours trousers were very popular then, both among men and school boys. But I am not so old.

post #814 of 1346
that is one BALLER watering can.
post #815 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Hal View Post

 

The hat, trousers and jacket are from the 1950´s (or 1940´s). Socks from Pantherella i brand new. The brogue shoes from Trickers are rather new but second hand. The  water jug is definitely vintage.

 

This the first outfit I have seen you post that doesn't work for me. In the close-up shot where you can't see the bottom half, is it looks fine, but from a distance, the combination of the short coat, breeches, multicoloured socks and big shoes just comes across as being a random assortment of clothes, rather than your usual coherent combinations.

post #816 of 1346
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

I'm surprised no-one has noticed that one of own favourite members, Barims, has recently been featured on Dandy Portraits, and looking simply fantastic, of course.



The rest of us are simply going to have to try a lot harder.

nod[1].gif
post #817 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

well done, m.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

When you were gone, how long did it take you to grow that vagina?
That is not MBreinin FU. Bring out the fucking Nutter and show us how its done.

Dude, it is still in the high 80's down here in NOLA! That shit does not come out until Hurricane season is over. It weighs 10 pounds! LOL.

And hey, WTF is up with your GDL approved fits, fucker? smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

This is the best thing I've read on SF in a while. And that's including my own posts. biggrin.gif

LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Yeah, I would say that was decidedly average "MB Tuesday." I say break out the 4-piece plaid suit with Widow's Peak lapels, Liberty Bell bottom trousers and a tie tied in a Triple Windsor (I have no idea what any of the preceding might actually be, but if anyone can figure it out, it is MB....)

LOL, we shall see......
post #818 of 1346
Peacocking in tweed


Bow tie in dire need of adjustment

Breeks and whatnot
post #819 of 1346

I figured there was no better place for my first post than the Peacock thread!

My ensemble for a late afternoon Saturday lunch --- excuse the poor iphone picture quality;

 

post #820 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadanf View Post

I figured there was no better place for my first post than the Peacock thread!
My ensemble for a late afternoon Saturday lunch --- excuse the poor iphone picture quality;

The top and bottom of your outfit is extremely discordant. I'd have gone for a different jacket to better blend with the pants ... or a different pair of pants to better anchor the jacket.
post #821 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

The top and bottom of your outfit is extremely discordant. I'd have gone for a different jacket to better blend with the pants ... or a different pair of pants to better anchor the jacket.

I actually like the grey/red combo. The shoes are the problem. You definitely need black if you're going with those two colors.
post #822 of 1346

niidawg, thanks for the feedback. The light reflected off of those pants and made them appear a little brighter than they were, nonetheless, would you have gone for more of a rust color or stayed away from red tones overall with the jacket?

 

Also what about those pants with a navy jacket instead?

post #823 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post


I actually like the grey/red combo. The shoes are the problem. You definitely need black if you're going with those two colors.

Rambo, I debated my black Arca's with it, but they just looked way off with the jacket, the jacket is actually more of a tan with a grey window pane detail. The pants are also bit more muted than the lighting insinuates. Thanks for the feedback, these are the types of things that I look forward to learning. I have also enjoyed peacocking a little, but have just recently started venturing there with my wardrobe, so this is a new/learning experience for me.

post #824 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadanf View Post

Rambo, I debated my black Arca's with it, but they just looked way off with the jacket, the jacket is actually more of a tan with a grey window pane detail. The pants are also bit more muted than the lighting insinuates. Thanks for the feedback, these are the types of things that I look forward to learning. I have also enjoyed peacocking a little, but have just recently started venturing there with my wardrobe, so this is a new/learning experience for me.

With red you need a solid grey or a grey with only slight details. And definitely black shoes.
post #825 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post


With red you need a solid grey or a grey with only slight details. And definitely black shoes.

Thanks I will keep that in mind. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition