or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition - Page 50

post #736 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

some new shit today...threw it all together.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

favorite piece is the pocket square...C3P0 and R2D2 star wars. nod[1].gif

Need to lose the pocketsquare in this fit. It's too much with the camo pants.
post #737 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


Need to lose the pocketsquare in this fit. It's too much with the camo pants.

 

Well, I don't think it was a serious attempt at a fit anyway. I think Derek said he just put on all the stuff he had recently bought. 

post #738 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

some new shit today...threw it all together..



favorite piece is the pocket square...C3P0 and R2D2 star wars. nod[1].gif

This far exceeded my expectations. Awesome PS.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
post #739 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucan View Post

This is one of my favourite looks I've seen, a single (albeit bold) piece of modernity on an otherwise very traditional outfit.  Are you going to wear it in court:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19595217

He may also be a London-based Ghanaian of a similar age, but I'm not honour-bound to support him in the dock just because our noses are uncannily similar, fellow
post #740 of 1346
I think Phineas Cole kind of epitomizes "peacock" style.

http://www.paulstuart.com/catalog_display.cfm?headermenuid=4&c=PhineasCole-Fall-2012

Really like the blue/green plaid/waist coat pairing. The grey windowpane three piece is also nice. (I have a P C three piece from last fall. Will post pics when it cools down and I wear it for the first time this season.)

Would anyone wear the 8-button DB suit?
post #741 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Need to lose the pocketsquare in this fit. It's too much with the camo pants.
but i loved it...in hindsight..it wasnt the best choices together...to make it more pleasing, i shouldve stayed with the navy linen/cotton jacket with white MOP buttons and a solid PS. but i wanted to wear it. and i liked it still. peepwall[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

Well, I don't think it was a serious attempt at a fit anyway. I think Derek said he just put on all the stuff he had recently bought. 
well, i wore this exact fit to work. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

I think Phineas Cole kind of epitomizes "peacock" style.

agreed..i love their stuff. woeisme needs to be posting here.
post #742 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

I think Phineas Cole kind of epitomizes "peacock" style.

http://www.paulstuart.com/catalog_display.cfm?headermenuid=4&c=PhineasCole-Fall-2012

Really like the blue/green plaid/waist coat pairing. The grey windowpane three piece is also nice. (I have a P C three piece from last fall. Will post pics when it cools down and I wear it for the first time this season.)

Would anyone wear the 8-button DB suit?


Even the model looks like he's having second thoughts about agreeing to wear that 8B DB. ;)

 

But I agree that Phineas Cole has some really beautiful items in that collection, and they do fall into the peacock end of hte spectrum. I like (almost) every piece in isolation. I am not much of a fan of how they are put together in the looks though. There's something a little too careful/precious about many of the colour/pattern combinations. And yes, as a suit, that blue/green check fabric would be really beautiful.

post #743 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Well, you have plenty of free time since the fall of your empire. We have business to take care of.

Yes, the systematic dismantling of ours.
post #744 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post


Even the model looks like he's having second thoughts about agreeing to wear that 8B DB. ;)

 

But I agree that Phineas Cole has some really beautiful items in that collection, and they do fall into the peacock end of hte spectrum. I like (almost) every piece in isolation. I am not much of a fan of how they are put together in the looks though. There's something a little too careful/precious about many of the colour/pattern combinations. And yes, as a suit, that blue/green check fabric would be really beautiful.

Agreed. I received their brochure last week and paged through it over breakfast - some of those combinations put me off my toast.

The 8B BD looks like a costume piece from the latest Anna Karenina movie. 

post #745 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

Yes, the systematic dismantling of ours.
LOL perfect
post #746 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Well, you have plenty of free time since the fall of your empire. We have business to take care of.

Yes, the systematic dismantling of ours.

But still, business! teacha.gif
post #747 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

it was my first "good" tie when i was a kid. me and my dad had been watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and michael caine wears one almost through the whole movie. He took me out and bought me one after that at nordstroms.

Dirk, there is no "s" at the end of "Nordstrom", you backwoods hick.
post #748 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

Dirk, there is no "s" at the end of "Nordstrom", you backwoods hick.

shog[1].gif
post #749 of 1346
Haha. It's ok; the Star Wars ps makes up for it. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #750 of 1346
Purchased this henley shirt after watching Deadwood but never liked the look on me. So I tried this with a scarf underneath, and I kind of liked the look. You guys have given me good steering in the past, and I've accepted the fact that I'm mostly appreciated here for entertainment value, so here it is. Trying for a younger look after receiving the following text message when trying to reconnect with a girl a used to date: "Hi Paul. Yes, it is your age. You are perfect, actually, pink pants and all, but I cannot bring myself to be intimate with someone so similar in age to my parents. If you are still willing to be my friend then I would love to still be yours. Anna".


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition