or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition - Page 14

post #196 of 1346
This is from earlier this summer. The pants are silk/tropical wool, SC is linen, shirt is cotton, shoes (unseen) are crocodile. While the pants are obviously quite loud, the true ghastliness of this picture is that I would DARE wear a white shirt with a navy blue blazer. The inhumanity of it all.



Sorry for the shit pic, btw.
post #197 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Sorry for the shit pic, btw.

i dig it BB,....the only part im gonna bust balls on is the sunglasses and croakies. ...NOOOOOO! hahahaha.

deets on the jacket? looks tops.
post #198 of 1346

Got the same color in pants but in linen by Borrelli. Will go crazy like you just waiting for my blazer and new shoes ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

This is from earlier this summer. The pants are silk/tropical wool, SC is linen, shirt is cotton, shoes (unseen) are crocodile. While the pants are obviously quite loud, the true ghastliness of this picture is that I would DARE wear a white shirt with a navy blue blazer. The inhumanity of it all.
1000
Sorry for the shit pic, btw.
post #199 of 1346
Linen/linen/silk/wool
f3eecb3d.jpg

e981a021.jpg
post #200 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

It's revealing, I think, that the success rate of peacockery is significantly higher in this thread than in the regular WAYW. Many of the folks here, as FM and HF suggest, appear to have put their minds to it, forming a cohesive look rather than just throwing loud stuff together.

i think that is because so many of the WAYWRN posters have no interest in learning and improving. they thing they has teh awesome spreez and do not bother trying to even understand coherency. then they either stick their fingers in their ears and keep at it, with some fanbois keeping their tanks full enough to keep driving, or they leave.

the few that actually put real thought into it, actually become good at it, and you get results like some of the above mentioned posters.

i still maintain though, that some of them would not necessarily be able to slide into CBD without putting similar work into it before succeeding as they have here.
post #201 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

i dig it BB,....the only part im gonna bust balls on is the sunglasses and croakies. ...NOOOOOO! hahahaha.
deets on the jacket? looks tops.

Persols on croakies, no less. Some Southern frat swag there.

The SC is actually Uniqlo from last summer. They were selling them for just under $150 IIRC. I bought 4 and use them as my summer drinking jackets. This is jacket number 3, actually. First one I wore into a pool for a late night swim. Worth it. The second was tragically lost during my fraternity summer alumni weekend. Whereabouts unknown. To my knowledge they didn't make this jacket this summer, or if they did I missed it. Either way it fits me pretty well and is nice and disposable.
post #202 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

The SC is actually Uniqlo from last summer. They were selling them for just under $150 IIRC. I bought 4 and use them as my summer drinking jackets. This is jacket number 3, actually. First one I wore into a pool for a late night swim. Worth it. The second was tragically lost during my fraternity summer alumni weekend. Whereabouts unknown. To my knowledge they didn't make this jacket this summer, or if they did I missed it. Either way it fits me pretty well and is nice and disposable.

dammit. i need to kop a jacket like that...light, fitted, and cheap so im not worried about fucking it up when i go out.
post #203 of 1346
Will be following this thread with interest (and maybe post something)
post #204 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Will be following this thread with interest (and maybe post something)

you defo need to post something. your fits always have some great flair.
post #205 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

i figure i need to post more pics with my consistent rambling about shit.

versace is always good for peacocking. add double monks, pinstripes and a bright linen tie...and look out. hahaha


I still remember this one from a long time ago...still quite impressive. Though French Cuffs would send it to the stratosphere (from what I can see they are not...).
post #206 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

I still remember this one from a long time ago...still quite impressive.

thanks for the kind words...i think with a different square and different tie, it would look a ton better. thoughts?
post #207 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

thanks for the kind words...i think with a different square and different tie, it would look a ton better. thoughts?

I just edited my comment as you posted...I like the tie (especially if it is in the Spring) and would need a close-up of the square to be sure.
post #208 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

I just edited my comment as you posted...I like the tie (especially if it is in the Spring) and would need a close-up of the square to be sure.

ill try this out next week probably and post some pics.

IIRC you mentioned that same thing the last time i posted that pic...and i heeded your advice. i wore it recently with french cuffs and a POW plaid tie...thought it looked smashing.
post #209 of 1346
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

Linen/linen/silk/wool
f3eecb3d.jpg
e981a021.jpg
Nii, this is great, and a prime example of coherence being essential to successfully bold looks!
The great, bright, bold, linen coat is tempered by the staid and solid trousers and shoes, which in turn are brought up through the fit with the shirt, tonally similar to the trousers, yet formality and texturally the same as the sports coat, all topped off with a great square and an open neck.
Anyway, that's how I see it!

Thank you everyone for their kind comments. It's very flattering to be thought of in such lofty terms. I must say that I feel my looks/fits fail on some level a large % of the time, usually due to fit rather than concept. It is easier to portray an outfit well in a static image than in real life and I am lucky enough to a take reasonable photo. I think given the funds and inclination anyone can dress well & in good taste. All it takes is a well made clothes that fit properly in basic combinations, and well chosen accessories (guided by your tailor if you really have no idea of what works with what) . Having the flair to put unexpected items together in a tastefull manner is another step along the trail, but not one I think can't be learnt through exposure. I say that the good taste thread and this one should be interchangeable, if something is a success, peacock or not, it should be well thought out in tone, texture, pattern and fit, all of these things should be coherent, with the extremes pulled together by linking pieces, be it the texture & tone of a dark knit tie pulling the informality of raw denim through to the top of an outfit, or a suit in outrageous fabric tempered with non competing tones for accessories in a mixture of patterns & textures?

Just a thought.

-TTO
post #210 of 1346
My contribution:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition