or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition - Page 85

post #1261 of 1346
Quote:

This whole rant reminds me of that old adage about a fool and his money.
 

It depends how much money you have (yawn)

post #1262 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

It depends how much money you have (yawn)

If that's the best response you can muster, I stand by previous statement.
post #1263 of 1346

... or else if you shop at Huntsman, Savile Row (although its not a bad investment)

post #1264 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

I'd like to see that shirt with a Vintage Richard James Professor X striped tie and a boater jacket. Really, I would.

Excellent idea for my next punt on the Isis or Cam! ... And don't forget the boaters hat!

boating-blazer5.jpg
.... And this ....
paul-smith-london-multi-stripe-shirt-6976-60.jpg

And this ...
rj3.jpg

Talk about putting it together.
Edited by Hacking jacket - 4/14/13 at 6:32pm
post #1265 of 1346

ok so let me save this thread

 

Trying to suprise her with a kiss before the snap. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #1266 of 1346
^Normally I'd say that was Peacock all the way, but with the prevalence of ridiculously colored pants in MC and SW&D these days (thanks, Epaulet, you pricks) I think you're going to have to step it up.
post #1267 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

Quote:
This whole rant reminds me of that old adage about a fool and his money.
It depends how much money you have (yawn)

well, there's another dickhead on the blocklist.
post #1268 of 1346
Ok, kids, lets play Rambo's favorite game of MC Peacock-Duck, Duck, Goose. See if you can spot the Goose...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

DUCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Huh. Didn't know about this thread. Yesterday I had an event with my sister at her University and she asked me if I could wear a black suit, thanks to SF, now I don't like black suits, but I own two, so I did wore a black suit. Took a pic, but didn't have the balls to post it in the regular WAYWRN laugh.gif





Don't hate me. lookaround.gif

DUCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This was the firts outfit that I uploaded, of course I was criticized for the jacket being to short. Then again, when I bought my first suits... I didn't know anything about it. 




DUCK

DUCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Doing some arranging. Old SF pic, thought I try it here.


DUCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This maybe?



DUCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
because F*ck you.


GOOSE!

G
O
O
S
E
!!!

Here's a pro tip kids - wearing a shed dragon skin prop from the Game of Thrones set is MOST DEFINITELY PEACOCK.
post #1269 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

ok so let me save this thread

 

Trying to suprise her with a kiss before the snap. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

THANK YOU.

post #1270 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

^Normally I'd say that was Peacock all the way, but with the prevalence of ridiculously colored pants in MC and SW&D these days (thanks, Epaulet, you pricks) I think you're going to have to step it up.


what does MC and SW&D stand for?

post #1271 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie24 View Post


what does MC and SW&D stand for?

 

SW&D = street wear & denim
MC = Men's Clothing

post #1272 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

British fashion has old roots: Butterfly (DuChamp) designs are based on 1700-1800s dandyism (as are Alexander McQueens) and historical criticism makes SF look like compliments. Thus weekend wear is fair game as were the dandies.

 

The classic Paul Smith shirt and the classic hacking jacket are icons of Britain. Whether they belong together is a different question.

 

Offend the iconic Paul Smith shirt at your peril. My bespoke classic PS shirt (not shown here) I will defend like 'Blue Suede Shoes'.

 

Hacking jacket - with respect, your problem and at least part of the answer to your problem are to be found in your own post, if you can see it.

 

1. You can try to justify your choices with some historical references, but you'll find many people here actually known this stuff already in far more depth than you (I actually teach a class on historical urban style and know my British fashion history but I know far less than some others here like Manton, for example, who is a walking encyclopedia of style). But more importantly, knowing the facts is not the same as being able to put together a coherent and stylish outfit. I used to know the facts even when I was dressing much worse than I do now and not entirely dissimilarly to you, as it happens - I know where you are because I have been there.

 

2. The question of 'whether they belong together' is one of the most important questions (after the quality of manufacture and the fit). You can have as many 'icons' as you like, but it doesn't mean you should try to wear them together simply because they are all icons.

 

Incidentally, I don't think you'll find a huge amount of love for Paul Smith around here. Distinctly average at best in terms of manufacture and quality, despite being popular and well-known, 'Paul Smith' is basically an overpriced designer RTW label that survives because of the inordinate love of the label in Japan - you'd have to go to Japan to realise just how ubiquitous he is over there - although there are always some interesting items in his runway collections. I remember when I used to think that 'Paul Smith' spoke for itself - it really doesn't.

 

As for challenging me to post fits, I do now and again on the main WAYWRN thread, but I have quite high standards for what constitutes "dandysim" and wouldn't dare to call myself a "dandy". However, I can certainly get away with some rather more outrageous items (like this bespoke 3-piece in Dashing Tweeds' 'Fleet' fabric), because it's not just about having the balls to wear crazy stuff, it's about quality, fit, coherence and, even when you are being a little crazy, elements of restraint...

 

post #1273 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

Quote:
This whole rant reminds me of that old adage about a fool and his money.
It depends how much money you have (yawn)

well, there's another dickhead on the blocklist.

Epitomised exactly, ... an Oedipus complex (something I lecture on)

post #1274 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

Epitomised exactly, ... an Oedipus complex (something I lecture on)

I get the distinct sense that you really don't understand much of what you say or what others say about you.
post #1275 of 1346
man, this thread has gone to shit it seems. HJ...id admonish you to re-read what FM has said...

2. The question of 'whether they belong together' is one of the most important questions (after the quality of manufacture and the fit). You can have as many 'icons' as you like, but it doesn't mean you should try to wear them together simply because they are all icons.


T1...looking damn good as usual. FM...love that 3 piece.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition