or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition - Page 76

post #1126 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

Recent buy. Not wearing a DJ for a few months. Here's the complimentary watch (Boss chronographer) and ring (silver onyx Armani), set against Paul Smith cufflinks (shirt Pink Imperial 170)



I like those cuff links
post #1127 of 1346
I am a sucker for animal cufflinks
post #1128 of 1346
If its too loud, youre too old.



Isaia soot, charvet shirt and tie, Lobb Towcesters.
post #1129 of 1346
Is that the suit that was accused of being a jacket?


Poor awesome plaid suit.
post #1130 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

Is that the suit that was accused of being a jacket?


Poor awesome plaid suit.

haha. the JacketSuit.
post #1131 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

If its too loud, youre too old.



Isaia soot, charvet shirt and tie, Lobb Towcesters.

 

Awesome suit! Is that tie black or navy?

post #1132 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

If its too loud, youre too old.



Isaia soot, charvet shirt and tie, Lobb Towcesters.


YEOW!!! That goes beyond a fashion statement...it's a fashion proclamation. Isn't it amazing how powerful a simple pocket square can be in this context to tone down an unbelievably bold suit?
post #1133 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Awesome suit! Is that tie black or navy?
thanks M! tie is black cashmere. I tried a navy cashmere and a navy grenadine...just didnt love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

YEOW!!! That goes beyond a fashion statement...it's a fashion proclamation. Isn't it amazing how powerful a simple pocket square can be in this context to tone down an unbelievably bold suit?

bold?? i thought it was pretty CBD. lol8[1].gif
post #1134 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

bold?? i thought it was pretty CBD. lol8[1].gif


I would say classic SHOW business dress.... happy.gif Now put your twin brother in the exact same outfit and hit the road!
post #1135 of 1346
Honest to god...would anyone just love to punk one of their friends and have a guy show up in that suit for an executive job interview?
post #1136 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

I would say classic SHOW business dress.... happy.gif Now put your twin brother in the exact same outfit and hit the road!

working on it....after all...we are 2 wild and crazy guys out looking for foxes!
post #1137 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Honest to god...would anyone just love to punk one of their friends and have a guy show up in that suit for an executive job interview?

would be so much better with a large floppy carnation hanging off the lapel.
post #1138 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

would be so much better with a large floppy carnation hanging off the lapel.

And tap shoes.
post #1139 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

If its too loud, youre too old.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Isaia soot, charvet shirt and tie, Lobb Towcesters.

Well, it's a large format plaid, with a fairly quiet colorway. And everything else you're wearing is practically mute.

Suit: Let's have fun!

Shirt, tie, square, shoes: Go to your room. For you, there will be no supper...

The effect is to make the suit like one of the cut-outs in my avatar, something swapped in or out without relation to anything else.

I like the suit, but at this point, you're not wearing it -- it's wearing you.
post #1140 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack11211 View Post

Well, it's a large format plaid, with a fairly quiet colorway. And everything else you're wearing is practically mute.

Suit: Let's have fun!

Shirt, tie, square, shoes: Go to your room. For you, there will be no supper...

The effect is to make the suit like one of the cut-outs in my avatar, something swapped in or out without relation to anything else.

I like the suit, but at this point, you're not wearing it -- it's wearing you.

id be curious as to what shirt/tie combo youd suggest. Everything ive tried to pair with it makes it FAR too busy and the items compete too much....thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition