or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

post #1 of 1346
Thread Starter 
I like to wear bright colors and patterns that most other men wouldn't dare wear. I do this because it is an expression of my style and I don't need anyone telling me that what I have donned today is "too over the top" or whatever. So I started this thread for those of you who fancy short jackets, fitted pants with no break, 3" cuffs, spread collars, bright colors and odd jackets that would make some of these clothing experts lose it. This thread is for you. For you who aren't boxed in by corporate correct dress. Post your style. Cross-post it. Here you won't be judged. After all, this is StyleForum, isn't it?

smile.gif
post #2 of 1346
Thread Starter 
First up, why I always wear my pocket squares points up:

I like a square with a contrasting rolled edge. I like it more when that edge compliments something else I'm wearing. Take this ensemble for instance:



The shirt has a fuchsia check in it as well as a lime green. The square incidentally has the same colors but with a lighter pink edge. They were purchased separately and one without thinking of the other but when I got home I realize, wow, that works well! Some will say too matchy-matchy. I say forget you. It works. I feel great. Without wearing the square points up I would not have been able to achieve the look I was going for.
post #3 of 1346
Thread Starter 
Casual brightness:

post #4 of 1346
Bris - calm down bro. You are seeking validation from people on the internet when it is absolutely not necessary. If you know the rules, can logically explain why you go toward or against them without catching feelings and are confident in what YOU wear, then you shouldnt be worried about the validation of the interwebz.

You're taking the game too serious bro ... lol.
post #5 of 1346
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

Bris - calm down bro. You are seeking validation from people on the internet when it is absolutely not necessary. If you know the rules, can logically explain why you go toward or against them without catching feelings and are confident in what YOU wear, then you shouldnt be worried about the validation of the interwebz.
You're taking the game too serious bro ... lol.

Hey man, how's it going?

I'm not catching feelings but am trying to establish a platform for those who feel the way we do without starting a blog. Think about it, we have a CDB thread and the very people who are wet blankets to the more adventurous have been given the power to delete others' posts here. Don't you think that to be odd?

There should be a platform for those of us who have a unique style and don't conform to the groupthink that is so pervasive on this site. I think if the moderators really were about what I believe this site was originally intended for, they would balance out the people they bestowed honors to, not just reward the boring elitists.
post #6 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

Bris - calm down bro. You are seeking validation from people on the internet when it is absolutely not necessary. If you know the rules, can logically explain why you go toward or against them without catching feelings and are confident in what YOU wear, then you shouldnt be worried about the validation of the interwebz.
You're taking the game too serious bro ... lol.

The guy started a thread for people who want to peacock, and showcase their looks. 

post #7 of 1346
in b4 mystery
post #8 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

in b4 mystery

I shall repel you with THIS:

 

700

WHITE SHIRT!!!! lol8[1].gif

post #9 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Hey man, how's it going?
I'm not catching feelings but am trying to establish a platform for those who feel the way we do without starting a blog. Think about it, we have a CDB thread and the very people who are wet blankets to the more adventurous have been given the power to delete others' posts here. Don't you think that to be odd?
There should be a platform for those of us who have a unique style and don't conform to the groupthink that is so pervasive on this site. I think if the moderators really were about what I believe this site was originally intended for, they would balance out the people they bestowed honors to, not just reward the boring elitists.

this is why i think you should breathe out a little. its not that serious. starting a thread almost makes it seem like you are fixated with competing with the so-called boring elitists.

honestly i think the ratio of poor to great fits by the "boring elitists" as you call it, is on par with the regular WAYWRN/WAYWRN Casual threads. There are quite a few terrible fits in the good taste thread as we speak. its really not that serious to get all wound up by the elitism on the forum, when you step back and look at the big picture ... thats all i'm saying.

i just think you are getting caught up in not being validated by their opinions - but if this thread is genuinely just a peacock WAYWRN thread, then i stand corrected.
post #10 of 1346
Thread Starter 
When I owned tan and stone suits I would frequent;y wear a white shirt with them. It just felt right. I should add that the texture of my shirts were a gauze-like material, a summery texture.
post #11 of 1346
Bris, re pic #2, you are a big guy and that is really skimpy lapel. If you are going for an early '60s look, then fine, but I do think you would look better in a wider lapel.
post #12 of 1346
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

this is why i think you should breathe out a little. its not that serious. starting a thread almost makes it seem like you are fixated with competing with the so-called boring elitists.
honestly i think the ratio of poor to great fits by the "boring elitists" as you call it, is on par with the regular WAYWRN/WAYWRN Casual threads. There are quite a few terrible fits in the good taste thread as we speak. its really not that serious to get all wound up by the elitism on the forum, when you step back and look at the big picture ... thats all i'm saying.
i just think you are getting caught up in not being validated by their opinions - but if this thread is genuinely just a peacock WAYWRN thread, then i stand corrected.

Thanks man. I hope it didn't come off as me wanting validation, if so I would not be posting pics I took 2-3 years ago. I would still be at it. Just a platform for the more adventurous. And I will be posting more current pics to help bring out teh peacocks.
post #13 of 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Thanks man. I hope it didn't come off as me wanting validation, if so I would not be posting pics I took 2-3 years ago. I would still be at it. Just a platform for the more adventurous. And I will be posting more current pics to help bring out teh peacocks.

NP - apologize if i misunderstood you.

smile.gif
post #14 of 1346
Thread Starter 
Different suit, tie and shirt, same square:

post #15 of 1346
^^

NORE, given the shirt and tie, I think this is an outfit that, even for a "peacock", would benefit from no square or at least a solid one. The shirt and tie provide enough "in your face" that the square with the pink edges and high point sticking out of the pocket just take it overboard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN - Peacock Edition