A Ryan, you've heard the arguments both sides. There is no "right" answer. At some point, you gotta do you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:21 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
How to wear a white shirt - Page 35post #511 of 5229/7/14 at 9:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #512 of 5229/7/14 at 9:28pmpost #513 of 5229/9/14 at 6:42ampost #514 of 5229/9/14 at 6:45ampost #515 of 5229/9/14 at 6:47ampost #516 of 5229/9/14 at 7:00amBy all means tell me to go fuck myself. I wouldn't say I am highly respected, just rather, well known.
I just think your outfits have some gimmicks that are more distracting than the shirt. If you like the tie clip wear it down lower. I already mentioned the big knot. Also, the grenadine, imo, is too formal for the casualness of that jacket you are wearing in the above picture, also it is too close in color, which looks like you tend to do this. Your tie should have more variation in color from the jacket. I like that collar, however.post #517 of 5229/9/14 at 7:08am
I've tried using a slide clasp on the narrow end of the tie to keep my tie in place; the main issue is I can't stand in swinging around much. OCD kinda thing. I could try that again I suppose.
I do wear too many grenadines, and have switched over to wool and cashmere for the fall/winter; however, I've yet to build a collection of cotton or linen ties for spring/summer wear. Going to work on that next season.
The monochrome jacket and (solid) tie look is something I love. Not sure why. I do wear them darker than the jacket on occasion, but always struggle mentally with the tie being lighter than the jacket. Appreciate the feedback.post #518 of 5229/9/14 at 7:12ampost #519 of 5229/9/14 at 7:26ampost #520 of 5229/9/14 at 7:37ampost #521 of 5229/9/14 at 8:54am
- How to wear a white shirt
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 41 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 49 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 54 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Label Under Construction 3 button heavy silk cardigan 50 (see... 5 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Sale Ex Display 5 minutes ago
- › RLBL RALPH LAUREN BLACK LABEL 40L WOOL/ cashmere SUIT 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan