Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:27 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
How to wear a white shirt - Page 29post #421 of 5223/14/13 at 2:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #422 of 5225/9/13 at 6:21ampost #423 of 5225/9/13 at 6:46ampost #424 of 5225/9/13 at 9:05ampost #425 of 5225/10/13 at 6:11ampost #426 of 5225/10/13 at 7:48ampost #427 of 5225/10/13 at 8:29ampost #428 of 5225/10/13 at 6:08pmGood read. Read about the first 10 pages and picked up some good info.
As I understand, and please correct me if I am mislead, if you are thinking about white, a blue will probably go better.
For the Imams of SF, what say you to white OCBD or even a twill paired with casual/semi-formal pants such as khaki or gray or brown or navy chinos with a brown/burgundy/tan cap-toe lace up oxford such as an AE strand or blucher such as an AE burton for a business casual environment where suits or ties don't fly? Are white shirts okay here or just forget it and go with blues and patterns with a base of white?
Edited by GuP - 5/10/13 at 7:09pmpost #429 of 5225/13/13 at 6:55pm
I'm late to the party, but the story that white shirt is "upper class" and "non-manual labor" is a bit of a legend contradicting centuries of peasant fashion: most peasant/laborer shirts were made of linen in natural or white color. The same is true of the guayabera shirts - also peasant work shirts in SE asia and latin america, and also typically in white.
Adam Smith himself spent some time explaining how a white linen shirt is an example of the absolute minimum level prosperity below even the lowliest peasant cannot/should not conciveably fall.post #430 of 5221/26/14 at 1:59pmpost #431 of 5221/26/14 at 2:00pmpost #432 of 5221/26/14 at 4:16pmpost #433 of 5221/27/14 at 2:26ampost #434 of 5221/27/14 at 3:12amQuote:
Though this may need to wait a few months. Or I can just say seasonality be damned. I've already done it once.
- How to wear a white shirt
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 24 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 31 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...