Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
How to wear a white shirt - Page 29post #421 of 5223/14/13 at 2:00pmpost #422 of 5225/9/13 at 6:21ampost #423 of 5225/9/13 at 6:46ampost #424 of 5225/9/13 at 9:05ampost #425 of 5225/10/13 at 6:11ampost #426 of 5225/10/13 at 7:48ampost #427 of 5225/10/13 at 8:29ampost #428 of 5225/10/13 at 6:08pmGood read. Read about the first 10 pages and picked up some good info.
As I understand, and please correct me if I am mislead, if you are thinking about white, a blue will probably go better.
For the Imams of SF, what say you to white OCBD or even a twill paired with casual/semi-formal pants such as khaki or gray or brown or navy chinos with a brown/burgundy/tan cap-toe lace up oxford such as an AE strand or blucher such as an AE burton for a business casual environment where suits or ties don't fly? Are white shirts okay here or just forget it and go with blues and patterns with a base of white?
Edited by GuP - 5/10/13 at 7:09pmpost #429 of 5225/13/13 at 6:55pm
I'm late to the party, but the story that white shirt is "upper class" and "non-manual labor" is a bit of a legend contradicting centuries of peasant fashion: most peasant/laborer shirts were made of linen in natural or white color. The same is true of the guayabera shirts - also peasant work shirts in SE asia and latin america, and also typically in white.
Adam Smith himself spent some time explaining how a white linen shirt is an example of the absolute minimum level prosperity below even the lowliest peasant cannot/should not conciveably fall.post #430 of 5221/26/14 at 1:59pmpost #431 of 5221/26/14 at 2:00pmpost #432 of 5221/26/14 at 4:16pmpost #433 of 5221/27/14 at 2:26ampost #434 of 5221/27/14 at 3:12amQuote:
Though this may need to wait a few months. Or I can just say seasonality be damned. I've already done it once.post #435 of 5221/27/14 at 4:57am
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Official Sales Alert thread 32 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Newc's Bespoke Adventure. 11 minutes ago
- › FS: NEW George Cleverley "Alan" Brogued Wholecut in Black Calf, UK... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...