Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
How to wear a white shirt - Page 21post #301 of 5229/11/12 at 6:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #302 of 5229/11/12 at 8:07pmpost #303 of 5229/11/12 at 8:11pmpost #304 of 5229/12/12 at 8:09ampost #305 of 5229/12/12 at 8:30ampost #306 of 5229/12/12 at 8:32ampost #307 of 5229/12/12 at 8:36ampost #308 of 5229/12/12 at 8:38amThread Starterpost #309 of 5229/12/12 at 8:55am
I wish I had enough money to have more colored shirts and ties to go with my two suits. But for me being a broke college student its hard. I have two fairly nice white shirts. I wear them probably too much, but when I have the money I will dive into more colors. But I do love wearing a white oxford shirt, khakis, and sperrys for a daily outfit.
post #310 of 5229/12/12 at 12:48pmpost #311 of 5229/12/12 at 12:57pmpost #312 of 52212/9/12 at 2:57pmpost #313 of 52212/9/12 at 3:21pm
I believe there are two varieties of white shirts. The first is the clean, pure white, poplin/broadcloth, point collar variety. This shirt should be worn with a suit. The second is the oxford cloth, button down variety - especially if it has a heavy fabric with texture. Further, many of these white OCBD shirts are not pure white; they are frequently "off white" if you will - egg shell, cream etc.. This shirt can be worn with a sports jacket successfully. (See Clark Gable pic above.) I believe this distinction is important for this thread. To make up a rule for all white shirts does not make sense to me.
Edited by jcriswel - 12/9/12 at 7:45pmpost #314 of 52212/9/12 at 3:46pm
- How to wear a white shirt
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 51 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › PROXY FOR SUITSUPPLY FROM EUROPE TO WORLDWIDE 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...