Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
How to wear a white shirt - Page 15
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 5228/5/12 at 7:56pmpost #213 of 5228/5/12 at 8:02pmThread Starterpost #214 of 5228/5/12 at 10:36pmpost #215 of 5228/6/12 at 4:35amI guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/09/the-2012-international-best-dressed-list?slide=78#slide=78post #216 of 5228/6/12 at 4:45amQuote:
It's when office work started to become blue collarpost #217 of 5228/6/12 at 6:26amQuote:
I still think this.post #218 of 5228/6/12 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
I guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
this would look better if he wasn't ginger and/or if he had a tan.
wore an unlined linen suit similar to this recently, with patch pockets and cuffed pants though. white linen shirt for the extra wrinkle steez, too.post #219 of 5228/6/12 at 7:11amWhat difference, if any, does a bow tie make? Can't put my finger on why, but I think that it does, and in favor of white, particularly with jacket off and braces (and I think that bows look best with braces).
I'm in Doc's camp, and the more I think about it, the more I disagree that white with tweed makes one a stooge. I think that is particularly true if the tweed in question is grey toned.post #220 of 5228/6/12 at 7:39ampost #221 of 5228/6/12 at 7:50ampost #222 of 5228/6/12 at 7:51amThread Starterpost #223 of 5228/6/12 at 7:54ampost #224 of 5228/6/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Manton
White is thought to be the perfect background for a variety of ties, a "blank canvas." But this is not so. Many colors look absolutely terrible with white: yellow, orange, rust, lavender, purple, nearly all greens. Even red, a very common paring with white, always looks better on a blue background (not that you should be wearing true red ties) and burgundy or maroon looks better against pink.Quote:
Manton, if the one unalterable component of the look were a deep purple tie (solid or grenadine), what do you consider the ideal elements to build around it?
I am curious to hear your thoughts on purple matched with grey/navy/black (the jacket) and the shirt you would choose.
- How to wear a white shirt
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1683 Active Users (376 Members and 1307 Guests)
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Dozens of NWT Drake's Ties!! 13 seconds ago
- › WTB Bresciani, Marcoliani socks. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Stephan Schneider Helium blazer sz VI 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015