Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
How to wear a white shirt - Page 15post #212 of 5228/5/12 at 7:56pmpost #213 of 5228/5/12 at 8:02pmThread Starterpost #214 of 5228/5/12 at 10:36pmpost #215 of 5228/6/12 at 4:35amI guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/09/the-2012-international-best-dressed-list?slide=78#slide=78post #216 of 5228/6/12 at 4:45amQuote:
It's when office work started to become blue collarpost #217 of 5228/6/12 at 6:26amQuote:
I still think this.post #218 of 5228/6/12 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
I guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
this would look better if he wasn't ginger and/or if he had a tan.
wore an unlined linen suit similar to this recently, with patch pockets and cuffed pants though. white linen shirt for the extra wrinkle steez, too.post #219 of 5228/6/12 at 7:11amWhat difference, if any, does a bow tie make? Can't put my finger on why, but I think that it does, and in favor of white, particularly with jacket off and braces (and I think that bows look best with braces).
I'm in Doc's camp, and the more I think about it, the more I disagree that white with tweed makes one a stooge. I think that is particularly true if the tweed in question is grey toned.post #220 of 5228/6/12 at 7:39ampost #221 of 5228/6/12 at 7:50ampost #222 of 5228/6/12 at 7:51amThread Starterpost #223 of 5228/6/12 at 7:54ampost #224 of 5228/6/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Manton
White is thought to be the perfect background for a variety of ties, a "blank canvas." But this is not so. Many colors look absolutely terrible with white: yellow, orange, rust, lavender, purple, nearly all greens. Even red, a very common paring with white, always looks better on a blue background (not that you should be wearing true red ties) and burgundy or maroon looks better against pink.Quote:
Manton, if the one unalterable component of the look were a deep purple tie (solid or grenadine), what do you consider the ideal elements to build around it?
I am curious to hear your thoughts on purple matched with grey/navy/black (the jacket) and the shirt you would choose.post #225 of 5228/6/12 at 8:30amThread Starter
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 806 Active Users (86 Members and 720 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 23 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 2016/09/30 - "Blue and Green Now Must Be Seen" 28 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 38 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 54 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...