Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
How to wear a white shirt - Page 15
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 5228/5/12 at 7:56pmpost #213 of 5228/5/12 at 8:02pmThread Starterpost #214 of 5228/5/12 at 10:36pmpost #215 of 5228/6/12 at 4:35amI guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/09/the-2012-international-best-dressed-list?slide=78#slide=78post #216 of 5228/6/12 at 4:45amQuote:
It's when office work started to become blue collarpost #217 of 5228/6/12 at 6:26amQuote:
I still think this.post #218 of 5228/6/12 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
I guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
this would look better if he wasn't ginger and/or if he had a tan.
wore an unlined linen suit similar to this recently, with patch pockets and cuffed pants though. white linen shirt for the extra wrinkle steez, too.post #219 of 5228/6/12 at 7:11amWhat difference, if any, does a bow tie make? Can't put my finger on why, but I think that it does, and in favor of white, particularly with jacket off and braces (and I think that bows look best with braces).
I'm in Doc's camp, and the more I think about it, the more I disagree that white with tweed makes one a stooge. I think that is particularly true if the tweed in question is grey toned.post #220 of 5228/6/12 at 7:39ampost #221 of 5228/6/12 at 7:50ampost #222 of 5228/6/12 at 7:51amThread Starterpost #223 of 5228/6/12 at 7:54ampost #224 of 5228/6/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Manton
White is thought to be the perfect background for a variety of ties, a "blank canvas." But this is not so. Many colors look absolutely terrible with white: yellow, orange, rust, lavender, purple, nearly all greens. Even red, a very common paring with white, always looks better on a blue background (not that you should be wearing true red ties) and burgundy or maroon looks better against pink.Quote:
Manton, if the one unalterable component of the look were a deep purple tie (solid or grenadine), what do you consider the ideal elements to build around it?
I am curious to hear your thoughts on purple matched with grey/navy/black (the jacket) and the shirt you would choose.
- How to wear a white shirt
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1650 Active Users (429 Members and 1221 Guests)
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 just now
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 19 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 9 minutes ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 13 minutes ago
- › Schott 740C Peacoat Size 38 - Like New, Barely worn. 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...