Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
How to wear a white shirt - Page 15
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 5228/5/12 at 7:56pmpost #213 of 5228/5/12 at 8:02pmThread Starterpost #214 of 5228/5/12 at 10:36pmpost #215 of 5228/6/12 at 4:35amI guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/09/the-2012-international-best-dressed-list?slide=78#slide=78post #216 of 5228/6/12 at 4:45amQuote:
It's when office work started to become blue collarpost #217 of 5228/6/12 at 6:26amQuote:
I still think this.post #218 of 5228/6/12 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
I guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
this would look better if he wasn't ginger and/or if he had a tan.
wore an unlined linen suit similar to this recently, with patch pockets and cuffed pants though. white linen shirt for the extra wrinkle steez, too.post #219 of 5228/6/12 at 7:11amWhat difference, if any, does a bow tie make? Can't put my finger on why, but I think that it does, and in favor of white, particularly with jacket off and braces (and I think that bows look best with braces).
I'm in Doc's camp, and the more I think about it, the more I disagree that white with tweed makes one a stooge. I think that is particularly true if the tweed in question is grey toned.post #220 of 5228/6/12 at 7:39ampost #221 of 5228/6/12 at 7:50ampost #222 of 5228/6/12 at 7:51amThread Starterpost #223 of 5228/6/12 at 7:54ampost #224 of 5228/6/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Manton
White is thought to be the perfect background for a variety of ties, a "blank canvas." But this is not so. Many colors look absolutely terrible with white: yellow, orange, rust, lavender, purple, nearly all greens. Even red, a very common paring with white, always looks better on a blue background (not that you should be wearing true red ties) and burgundy or maroon looks better against pink.Quote:
Manton, if the one unalterable component of the look were a deep purple tie (solid or grenadine), what do you consider the ideal elements to build around it?
I am curious to hear your thoughts on purple matched with grey/navy/black (the jacket) and the shirt you would choose.
- How to wear a white shirt
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1571 Active Users (401 Members and 1170 Guests)
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 53 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 3 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath... 4 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden Indy Boot - J. Crew Alden Indy 403 / 405 Chromexcel Size... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...