Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:12 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
How to wear a white shirt - Page 15
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 5228/5/12 at 7:56pmpost #213 of 5228/5/12 at 8:02pmThread Starterpost #214 of 5228/5/12 at 10:36pmpost #215 of 5228/6/12 at 4:35amI guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/09/the-2012-international-best-dressed-list?slide=78#slide=78post #216 of 5228/6/12 at 4:45amQuote:
It's when office work started to become blue collarpost #217 of 5228/6/12 at 6:26amQuote:
I still think this.post #218 of 5228/6/12 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
I guess when you're a royal, you wear what you want and it gets you on the 2012 Best-Dressed List.
this would look better if he wasn't ginger and/or if he had a tan.
wore an unlined linen suit similar to this recently, with patch pockets and cuffed pants though. white linen shirt for the extra wrinkle steez, too.post #219 of 5228/6/12 at 7:11amWhat difference, if any, does a bow tie make? Can't put my finger on why, but I think that it does, and in favor of white, particularly with jacket off and braces (and I think that bows look best with braces).
I'm in Doc's camp, and the more I think about it, the more I disagree that white with tweed makes one a stooge. I think that is particularly true if the tweed in question is grey toned.post #220 of 5228/6/12 at 7:39ampost #221 of 5228/6/12 at 7:50ampost #222 of 5228/6/12 at 7:51amThread Starterpost #223 of 5228/6/12 at 7:54ampost #224 of 5228/6/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Manton
White is thought to be the perfect background for a variety of ties, a "blank canvas." But this is not so. Many colors look absolutely terrible with white: yellow, orange, rust, lavender, purple, nearly all greens. Even red, a very common paring with white, always looks better on a blue background (not that you should be wearing true red ties) and burgundy or maroon looks better against pink.Quote:
Manton, if the one unalterable component of the look were a deep purple tie (solid or grenadine), what do you consider the ideal elements to build around it?
I am curious to hear your thoughts on purple matched with grey/navy/black (the jacket) and the shirt you would choose.
- How to wear a white shirt
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1491 Active Users (329 Members and 1162 Guests)
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 38 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › SF Shoe Collections 9 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 11 minutes ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 17 minutes ago
- › Common Projects BBall Low in Black (Size 44) 23 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...