Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Crafting a style for particular work environments? Last post on 12/26/12 at 10:30am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- what tie to wear with a light grey suit? Last post on 10/8/12 at 10:57am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Black Tie Casual" - Page 7post #91 of 972/8/13 at 6:46amThread Starter^A jacket with some mohair in it can do the same thing. and at the same time not be so hot. I love velvet for evening too, as my original post indicated, but it is impossible to wear in any kind of heat, you'll melt. I'm going to be testing out this mohair blend route soon, I hope in time for summer.
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 972/8/13 at 7:08ampost #93 of 972/8/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Sorry about that, I don't know what it's like to not be really really ridiculously good lookingpost #94 of 972/8/13 at 5:23pmpost #95 of 972/9/13 at 4:50pmThread Starterpost #96 of 972/10/13 at 1:23ampost #97 of 972/19/13 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by sinfjotli
If you want to avoid the open neck shirt but don't want to wear a tie, a nice option, especially in winter, is a turtleneck - there was a nice article on this topic on Suitable wardrobe recently http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2012/11/if-you-must-go-tieless.html
I imagine a fine white or off-white turtleneck with a dinner suit or a white dinner jacket could look good, especially if the jacket has a shawl collar and/or is double breasted. However, any sort of dinner jacket might be too formal for "black tie casual" or "casual evening dress".
A black / deep blue suit or a cream jacket with black / deep blue trousers would make the outfit more casual. Any shade of grey looks very "day wear" to me. Especially with a navy blue suit, wearing slippers would add to a business-inappropriate look.
- "Black Tie Casual"
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 44 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › bespoke suits Milan area 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Conrad Wu - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)