Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:58am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:30 am in Classic Menswear
- The Look goes on... Last post on 3/27/15 at 1:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:40 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Black Tie Casual" - Page 7post #91 of 972/8/13 at 6:46amThread Starter^A jacket with some mohair in it can do the same thing. and at the same time not be so hot. I love velvet for evening too, as my original post indicated, but it is impossible to wear in any kind of heat, you'll melt. I'm going to be testing out this mohair blend route soon, I hope in time for summer.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 972/8/13 at 7:08ampost #93 of 972/8/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Sorry about that, I don't know what it's like to not be really really ridiculously good lookingpost #94 of 972/8/13 at 5:23pmpost #95 of 972/9/13 at 4:50pmThread Starterpost #96 of 972/10/13 at 1:23ampost #97 of 972/19/13 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by sinfjotli
If you want to avoid the open neck shirt but don't want to wear a tie, a nice option, especially in winter, is a turtleneck - there was a nice article on this topic on Suitable wardrobe recently http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2012/11/if-you-must-go-tieless.html
I imagine a fine white or off-white turtleneck with a dinner suit or a white dinner jacket could look good, especially if the jacket has a shawl collar and/or is double breasted. However, any sort of dinner jacket might be too formal for "black tie casual" or "casual evening dress".
A black / deep blue suit or a cream jacket with black / deep blue trousers would make the outfit more casual. Any shade of grey looks very "day wear" to me. Especially with a navy blue suit, wearing slippers would add to a business-inappropriate look.
- "Black Tie Casual"
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › BUY HIGH QUALITY PASSPORTS,IDS,DRIVERS LICENSE,VISAS,COUNTERFITS... 10 minutes ago
- › BUY HIGH QUALITY PASSPORTS,IDS,DRIVERS LICENSE,VISAS,COUNTERFITS... 11 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in uk 18 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 19 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...