Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 6/29/15 at 11:57pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Look goes on... Last post on Today at 2:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
"Black Tie Casual" - Page 7post #91 of 972/8/13 at 6:46amThread Starter^A jacket with some mohair in it can do the same thing. and at the same time not be so hot. I love velvet for evening too, as my original post indicated, but it is impossible to wear in any kind of heat, you'll melt. I'm going to be testing out this mohair blend route soon, I hope in time for summer.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 972/8/13 at 7:08ampost #93 of 972/8/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Sorry about that, I don't know what it's like to not be really really ridiculously good lookingpost #94 of 972/8/13 at 5:23pmpost #95 of 972/9/13 at 4:50pmThread Starterpost #96 of 972/10/13 at 1:23ampost #97 of 972/19/13 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by sinfjotli
If you want to avoid the open neck shirt but don't want to wear a tie, a nice option, especially in winter, is a turtleneck - there was a nice article on this topic on Suitable wardrobe recently http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2012/11/if-you-must-go-tieless.html
I imagine a fine white or off-white turtleneck with a dinner suit or a white dinner jacket could look good, especially if the jacket has a shawl collar and/or is double breasted. However, any sort of dinner jacket might be too formal for "black tie casual" or "casual evening dress".
A black / deep blue suit or a cream jacket with black / deep blue trousers would make the outfit more casual. Any shade of grey looks very "day wear" to me. Especially with a navy blue suit, wearing slippers would add to a business-inappropriate look.
- "Black Tie Casual"
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Old shoes, new blisters. 1 minute ago
- › Suit/Shoe advice needed 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Your Opinion on this AE from Ebay - PIC inside - 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...