Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- whnay.'s good taste thread Last post on Today at 11:40 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 19post #271 of 3899/10/13 at 6:21amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #272 of 3899/10/13 at 6:26ampost #273 of 3899/10/13 at 6:28ampost #274 of 3899/10/13 at 6:30amThread Starterpost #275 of 3899/10/13 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I've mentioned this before somewhere, but there is this one department in my company that for some reason all of the guys dress similarly. Not in the sense that they have a dress code, but more like a consistent specific style. They wear tight dress shirts, usually a bold color, and/or pattern, very slim dress pants and wacky shoes. Like burnished grey wingtips, or really light tan split toes with distressing and such. Also, a lot of french cuffs with sometimes... wait for it... a sweater over the french cuff shirt. It started with just two guys like this, then they hired another, and now there are four guys that dress like this. It is very bizarre. It is like they all feed off of each other. One day I want to say something to the lot of them, like ask a really loaded question about how they go shopping together or something.
I've seen this too, and their "style" was almost exactly the same to boot. I'm pretty sure you're right--one guy starts doing it, another likes it and he starts doing it, and very quickly it becomes a positive feedback loop and the whole group is doing it.
French cuffs without a jacket or with a sweater is a very common trading desk look IME. Drives me nuts.
Regarding the bags, I was behind someone on the elevator this morning and thinking exactly that. The worst part was, it looked like a decent suit that actually fit him OK--then he had this shitty nylon bag crushing and misshaping the shoulder.post #276 of 3899/10/13 at 6:47ampost #277 of 3899/10/13 at 6:57ampost #278 of 3899/10/13 at 6:59amThread Starterpost #279 of 3899/10/13 at 6:59ampost #280 of 3899/10/13 at 7:04ampost #281 of 3899/10/13 at 7:07ampost #282 of 3899/10/13 at 7:10ampost #283 of 3899/10/13 at 7:12ampost #284 of 3899/10/13 at 7:15amQuote:
I put my hands in my pockets when my boss talks to me. It is to help restrain me from choking her. (Really it is to stop me from crossing my arms in front of me, which I tend to naturally stand, which many people may misconstrue as defensive).post #285 of 3899/10/13 at 7:24amQuote:
In the same boat. Otherwise I would either cross my arms or put my hands in my pants pockets, and for some reason, I feel the hip pockets are a better option than either of those.
- The Worst Look
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1586 Active Users (357 Members and 1229 Guests)
- › Australian Members just now
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Black Friday Sale Alert Central 7 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Barbour 'Hurricane' Waxed Jacket (Olive, S) 16 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...