Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 3/27/17 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 19post #271 of 3899/10/13 at 6:21amThread Starterpost #272 of 3899/10/13 at 6:26ampost #273 of 3899/10/13 at 6:28ampost #274 of 3899/10/13 at 6:30amThread Starterpost #275 of 3899/10/13 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I've mentioned this before somewhere, but there is this one department in my company that for some reason all of the guys dress similarly. Not in the sense that they have a dress code, but more like a consistent specific style. They wear tight dress shirts, usually a bold color, and/or pattern, very slim dress pants and wacky shoes. Like burnished grey wingtips, or really light tan split toes with distressing and such. Also, a lot of french cuffs with sometimes... wait for it... a sweater over the french cuff shirt. It started with just two guys like this, then they hired another, and now there are four guys that dress like this. It is very bizarre. It is like they all feed off of each other. One day I want to say something to the lot of them, like ask a really loaded question about how they go shopping together or something.
I've seen this too, and their "style" was almost exactly the same to boot. I'm pretty sure you're right--one guy starts doing it, another likes it and he starts doing it, and very quickly it becomes a positive feedback loop and the whole group is doing it.
French cuffs without a jacket or with a sweater is a very common trading desk look IME. Drives me nuts.
Regarding the bags, I was behind someone on the elevator this morning and thinking exactly that. The worst part was, it looked like a decent suit that actually fit him OK--then he had this shitty nylon bag crushing and misshaping the shoulder.post #276 of 3899/10/13 at 6:47ampost #277 of 3899/10/13 at 6:57ampost #278 of 3899/10/13 at 6:59amThread Starterpost #279 of 3899/10/13 at 6:59ampost #280 of 3899/10/13 at 7:04ampost #281 of 3899/10/13 at 7:07ampost #282 of 3899/10/13 at 7:10ampost #283 of 3899/10/13 at 7:12ampost #284 of 3899/10/13 at 7:15amQuote:
I put my hands in my pockets when my boss talks to me. It is to help restrain me from choking her. (Really it is to stop me from crossing my arms in front of me, which I tend to naturally stand, which many people may misconstrue as defensive).post #285 of 3899/10/13 at 7:24amQuote:
In the same boat. Otherwise I would either cross my arms or put my hands in my pants pockets, and for some reason, I feel the hip pockets are a better option than either of those.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1684 Active Users (334 Members and 1350 Guests)
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Formosa 52 0656 Minnis Houndstooth 8 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...