Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:02 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Worst Look - Page 15post #211 of 3898/17/12 at 8:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 3898/17/12 at 8:34amQuote:
My google fu is strong, but my desire for THATGuy to give us his experience on hot asian summers is the real driver. Because, as you said, Asia is pretty vast (Russia, anyone), but based on TG's comment he surely has experience in a specific area that is so hot as to require shirt rolling and/or make Singapore seem like a paradise - all the while not forcing me to google a random city on the vast continent. Not saying that to incite or accuse, just stating it.post #213 of 3898/17/12 at 8:41ampost #214 of 3898/17/12 at 8:45ampost #215 of 3898/17/12 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Down here in the South "business casual" is interpreted as an invite to wear a Dri-Fit polo from some obscure country club tucked into deep double pleated khakis with a steel tipped belt and some flavor of Rockport-inspired footwear.
At least up North they have some hint of "office" to their attire.
Down here everyone looks like they are popping into the office in between rounds.
In NYC, you've got dress pants, a dress shirt, and dress shoes?
You're ahead of 99% of the population, and look great compared to REAL business casual described above.post #216 of 3898/17/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Manton, why don't you post a picture or two of your approved business casual look?post #217 of 3898/17/12 at 9:13amQuote:
I wear a cardigan all winter long at home.
Manton, where did you get yours?
Edited by Reevolving - 8/17/12 at 2:54pmpost #218 of 3898/17/12 at 10:21ampost #219 of 3898/17/12 at 8:59pmQuote:
There is actually a picture of Manton doing biz casual pretty well in the SF10 party pics in the gallery. White linen, odd trousers, and some sort of brown shoe. Looked pretty good, actually. I like the cut of his jibe.post #220 of 3898/17/12 at 9:09pmpost #221 of 3898/17/12 at 9:19pmpost #222 of 3898/18/12 at 6:03amQuote:
yeah, what a lot of people don't get about Manton is that you don't see him and think "what a sepctacular outfit". you see him and your first impression is "ok, that looks neat" and then you see that everything fits and looks good for the occasion. in SF he was wearing a minor variation (improvement) of what a lot of men wear for business casual - but it all fit well, seemed to be of good quality and looked comfortable and neat.post #223 of 3898/18/12 at 8:07amQuote:This is the type of look that I think is most appealing whether it's business or casual wear. One where the overall impression is good, but no particular item standing out or the whole look appearing dandy. High quality items that are well coordinated with a good fit, and appropriate for the occasion is what I admire most.Originally Posted by globetrotter
yeah, what a lot of people don't get about Manton is that you don't see him and think "what a sepctacular outfit". you see him and your first impression is "ok, that looks neat" and then you see that everything fits and looks good for the occasion. in SF he was wearing a minor variation (improvement) of what a lot of men wear for business casual - but it all fit well, seemed to be of good quality and looked comfortable and neat.post #224 of 3898/18/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by JayJay
This is the type of look that I think is most appealing whether it's business or casual wear. One where the overall impression is good, but no particular item standing out or the whole look appearing dandy. High quality items that are well coordinated with a good fit, and appropriate for the occasion is what I admire most.
+1. In Oklahoma, not many guys can differentiate between business or casual wear. These guys think a polo shirt with blazer and jeans is business wear. Sometimes I just get so irritated by that. Another I noticed in Oklahoma, though I don't know if it's anywhere else, is that some guys like to wear a black shirt and pair of black pants with white or bright red tie. Pretty disappointing.post #225 of 3898/18/12 at 8:19amQuote:
Oh believe me, it's not just Oklahoma. It's a matter of knowing just enough to be dangerous. They have a sense of complimentary colors (red and black look pretty badass together on things like cars) but not a sense of aesthetically pleasing colors in a sartorial sense.
- The Worst Look
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...