Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 5:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 15post #211 of 3898/17/12 at 8:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 3898/17/12 at 8:34amQuote:
My google fu is strong, but my desire for THATGuy to give us his experience on hot asian summers is the real driver. Because, as you said, Asia is pretty vast (Russia, anyone), but based on TG's comment he surely has experience in a specific area that is so hot as to require shirt rolling and/or make Singapore seem like a paradise - all the while not forcing me to google a random city on the vast continent. Not saying that to incite or accuse, just stating it.post #213 of 3898/17/12 at 8:41ampost #214 of 3898/17/12 at 8:45ampost #215 of 3898/17/12 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Down here in the South "business casual" is interpreted as an invite to wear a Dri-Fit polo from some obscure country club tucked into deep double pleated khakis with a steel tipped belt and some flavor of Rockport-inspired footwear.
At least up North they have some hint of "office" to their attire.
Down here everyone looks like they are popping into the office in between rounds.
In NYC, you've got dress pants, a dress shirt, and dress shoes?
You're ahead of 99% of the population, and look great compared to REAL business casual described above.post #216 of 3898/17/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Manton, why don't you post a picture or two of your approved business casual look?post #217 of 3898/17/12 at 9:13amQuote:
I wear a cardigan all winter long at home.
Manton, where did you get yours?
Edited by Reevolving - 8/17/12 at 2:54pmpost #218 of 3898/17/12 at 10:21ampost #219 of 3898/17/12 at 8:59pmQuote:
There is actually a picture of Manton doing biz casual pretty well in the SF10 party pics in the gallery. White linen, odd trousers, and some sort of brown shoe. Looked pretty good, actually. I like the cut of his jibe.post #220 of 3898/17/12 at 9:09pmpost #221 of 3898/17/12 at 9:19pmpost #222 of 3898/18/12 at 6:03amQuote:
yeah, what a lot of people don't get about Manton is that you don't see him and think "what a sepctacular outfit". you see him and your first impression is "ok, that looks neat" and then you see that everything fits and looks good for the occasion. in SF he was wearing a minor variation (improvement) of what a lot of men wear for business casual - but it all fit well, seemed to be of good quality and looked comfortable and neat.post #223 of 3898/18/12 at 8:07amQuote:This is the type of look that I think is most appealing whether it's business or casual wear. One where the overall impression is good, but no particular item standing out or the whole look appearing dandy. High quality items that are well coordinated with a good fit, and appropriate for the occasion is what I admire most.Originally Posted by globetrotter
yeah, what a lot of people don't get about Manton is that you don't see him and think "what a sepctacular outfit". you see him and your first impression is "ok, that looks neat" and then you see that everything fits and looks good for the occasion. in SF he was wearing a minor variation (improvement) of what a lot of men wear for business casual - but it all fit well, seemed to be of good quality and looked comfortable and neat.post #224 of 3898/18/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by JayJay
This is the type of look that I think is most appealing whether it's business or casual wear. One where the overall impression is good, but no particular item standing out or the whole look appearing dandy. High quality items that are well coordinated with a good fit, and appropriate for the occasion is what I admire most.
+1. In Oklahoma, not many guys can differentiate between business or casual wear. These guys think a polo shirt with blazer and jeans is business wear. Sometimes I just get so irritated by that. Another I noticed in Oklahoma, though I don't know if it's anywhere else, is that some guys like to wear a black shirt and pair of black pants with white or bright red tie. Pretty disappointing.post #225 of 3898/18/12 at 8:19amQuote:
Oh believe me, it's not just Oklahoma. It's a matter of knowing just enough to be dangerous. They have a sense of complimentary colors (red and black look pretty badass together on things like cars) but not a sense of aesthetically pleasing colors in a sartorial sense.
- The Worst Look
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Silicon Valley (HBO) 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › BORRELLI NAPOLI HAND TAILORED GRAY NERANO SUIT 36 SHORT 36S 46... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Discuss Swaine Adeney Brigg cases 6 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...