Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:18 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 15post #211 of 3898/17/12 at 8:20ampost #212 of 3898/17/12 at 8:34amQuote:
My google fu is strong, but my desire for THATGuy to give us his experience on hot asian summers is the real driver. Because, as you said, Asia is pretty vast (Russia, anyone), but based on TG's comment he surely has experience in a specific area that is so hot as to require shirt rolling and/or make Singapore seem like a paradise - all the while not forcing me to google a random city on the vast continent. Not saying that to incite or accuse, just stating it.post #213 of 3898/17/12 at 8:41ampost #214 of 3898/17/12 at 8:45ampost #215 of 3898/17/12 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Down here in the South "business casual" is interpreted as an invite to wear a Dri-Fit polo from some obscure country club tucked into deep double pleated khakis with a steel tipped belt and some flavor of Rockport-inspired footwear.
At least up North they have some hint of "office" to their attire.
Down here everyone looks like they are popping into the office in between rounds.
In NYC, you've got dress pants, a dress shirt, and dress shoes?
You're ahead of 99% of the population, and look great compared to REAL business casual described above.post #216 of 3898/17/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Manton, why don't you post a picture or two of your approved business casual look?post #217 of 3898/17/12 at 9:13amQuote:
I wear a cardigan all winter long at home.
Manton, where did you get yours?
Edited by Reevolving - 8/17/12 at 2:54pmpost #218 of 3898/17/12 at 10:21ampost #219 of 3898/17/12 at 8:59pmQuote:
There is actually a picture of Manton doing biz casual pretty well in the SF10 party pics in the gallery. White linen, odd trousers, and some sort of brown shoe. Looked pretty good, actually. I like the cut of his jibe.post #220 of 3898/17/12 at 9:09pmpost #221 of 3898/17/12 at 9:19pmpost #222 of 3898/18/12 at 6:03amQuote:
yeah, what a lot of people don't get about Manton is that you don't see him and think "what a sepctacular outfit". you see him and your first impression is "ok, that looks neat" and then you see that everything fits and looks good for the occasion. in SF he was wearing a minor variation (improvement) of what a lot of men wear for business casual - but it all fit well, seemed to be of good quality and looked comfortable and neat.post #223 of 3898/18/12 at 8:07amQuote:This is the type of look that I think is most appealing whether it's business or casual wear. One where the overall impression is good, but no particular item standing out or the whole look appearing dandy. High quality items that are well coordinated with a good fit, and appropriate for the occasion is what I admire most.Originally Posted by globetrotter
yeah, what a lot of people don't get about Manton is that you don't see him and think "what a sepctacular outfit". you see him and your first impression is "ok, that looks neat" and then you see that everything fits and looks good for the occasion. in SF he was wearing a minor variation (improvement) of what a lot of men wear for business casual - but it all fit well, seemed to be of good quality and looked comfortable and neat.post #224 of 3898/18/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by JayJay
This is the type of look that I think is most appealing whether it's business or casual wear. One where the overall impression is good, but no particular item standing out or the whole look appearing dandy. High quality items that are well coordinated with a good fit, and appropriate for the occasion is what I admire most.
+1. In Oklahoma, not many guys can differentiate between business or casual wear. These guys think a polo shirt with blazer and jeans is business wear. Sometimes I just get so irritated by that. Another I noticed in Oklahoma, though I don't know if it's anywhere else, is that some guys like to wear a black shirt and pair of black pants with white or bright red tie. Pretty disappointing.post #225 of 3898/18/12 at 8:19amQuote:
Oh believe me, it's not just Oklahoma. It's a matter of knowing just enough to be dangerous. They have a sense of complimentary colors (red and black look pretty badass together on things like cars) but not a sense of aesthetically pleasing colors in a sartorial sense.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Naked & Famous Skinny Guy Left Hand Raw Denim NWOT Size 30 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 14 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 minutes ago
- › NWOT MOMOTARO 0705SP "Tight Straight" ONE-WASH SELVEDGE DENIM 32 22 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts