Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 1/19/17 at 2:13pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 15post #211 of 3898/17/12 at 8:20ampost #212 of 3898/17/12 at 8:34amQuote:
My google fu is strong, but my desire for THATGuy to give us his experience on hot asian summers is the real driver. Because, as you said, Asia is pretty vast (Russia, anyone), but based on TG's comment he surely has experience in a specific area that is so hot as to require shirt rolling and/or make Singapore seem like a paradise - all the while not forcing me to google a random city on the vast continent. Not saying that to incite or accuse, just stating it.post #213 of 3898/17/12 at 8:41ampost #214 of 3898/17/12 at 8:45ampost #215 of 3898/17/12 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Down here in the South "business casual" is interpreted as an invite to wear a Dri-Fit polo from some obscure country club tucked into deep double pleated khakis with a steel tipped belt and some flavor of Rockport-inspired footwear.
At least up North they have some hint of "office" to their attire.
Down here everyone looks like they are popping into the office in between rounds.
In NYC, you've got dress pants, a dress shirt, and dress shoes?
You're ahead of 99% of the population, and look great compared to REAL business casual described above.post #216 of 3898/17/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Manton, why don't you post a picture or two of your approved business casual look?post #217 of 3898/17/12 at 9:13amQuote:
I wear a cardigan all winter long at home.
Manton, where did you get yours?
Edited by Reevolving - 8/17/12 at 2:54pmpost #218 of 3898/17/12 at 10:21ampost #219 of 3898/17/12 at 8:59pmQuote:
There is actually a picture of Manton doing biz casual pretty well in the SF10 party pics in the gallery. White linen, odd trousers, and some sort of brown shoe. Looked pretty good, actually. I like the cut of his jibe.post #220 of 3898/17/12 at 9:09pmpost #221 of 3898/17/12 at 9:19pmpost #222 of 3898/18/12 at 6:03amQuote:
yeah, what a lot of people don't get about Manton is that you don't see him and think "what a sepctacular outfit". you see him and your first impression is "ok, that looks neat" and then you see that everything fits and looks good for the occasion. in SF he was wearing a minor variation (improvement) of what a lot of men wear for business casual - but it all fit well, seemed to be of good quality and looked comfortable and neat.post #223 of 3898/18/12 at 8:07amQuote:This is the type of look that I think is most appealing whether it's business or casual wear. One where the overall impression is good, but no particular item standing out or the whole look appearing dandy. High quality items that are well coordinated with a good fit, and appropriate for the occasion is what I admire most.Originally Posted by globetrotter
yeah, what a lot of people don't get about Manton is that you don't see him and think "what a sepctacular outfit". you see him and your first impression is "ok, that looks neat" and then you see that everything fits and looks good for the occasion. in SF he was wearing a minor variation (improvement) of what a lot of men wear for business casual - but it all fit well, seemed to be of good quality and looked comfortable and neat.post #224 of 3898/18/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by JayJay
This is the type of look that I think is most appealing whether it's business or casual wear. One where the overall impression is good, but no particular item standing out or the whole look appearing dandy. High quality items that are well coordinated with a good fit, and appropriate for the occasion is what I admire most.
+1. In Oklahoma, not many guys can differentiate between business or casual wear. These guys think a polo shirt with blazer and jeans is business wear. Sometimes I just get so irritated by that. Another I noticed in Oklahoma, though I don't know if it's anywhere else, is that some guys like to wear a black shirt and pair of black pants with white or bright red tie. Pretty disappointing.post #225 of 3898/18/12 at 8:19amQuote:
Oh believe me, it's not just Oklahoma. It's a matter of knowing just enough to be dangerous. They have a sense of complimentary colors (red and black look pretty badass together on things like cars) but not a sense of aesthetically pleasing colors in a sartorial sense.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › What headphones do you use? 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Morgan hand grade 9+ E UK 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...