No it wouldn't.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 1/19/17 at 2:13pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 14post #196 of 3898/17/12 at 6:38ampost #197 of 3898/17/12 at 6:52ampost #198 of 3898/17/12 at 6:53ampost #199 of 3898/17/12 at 6:55amQuote:
I'm not going to tell you you're wrong, I just don't care. There is no number of pictures of Sam Zell you could post that would make me want to dress like him.post #200 of 3898/17/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Whoa. 300 is a lot of cardigans. I think I have 3. I still consider them inferior to the jacket, but for someone who just can't bring themselves to wear a jacket, the cardigan can at least give the "V" of the jacket when buttoned properly.post #201 of 3898/17/12 at 6:58ampost #202 of 3898/17/12 at 7:17amQuote:
On the first sentence, I really have no idea. But I think for a lot of people it just never really even occurs to them to wear a jacket.
On the second sentence, I agree entirely.post #203 of 3898/17/12 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #204 of 3898/17/12 at 7:25ampost #205 of 3898/17/12 at 7:36am
I will throw in on this. I have several cardigans and they are all pieces I love. I never wear one in lieu of a jacket. However on occasion I do wear one with a shirt and tie in situations where a jacket is not required. Not because I prefer them over jackets but because sometimes it's nice to have a little change. They are also nice for those in between seasons where it is too hot for a jacket but you want a little extra warmth. That having been said I do not think it is a good look if you are someone who has a little extra girth. Definitely a fit person's look.post #206 of 3898/17/12 at 7:45amThe whole question of workplace dress depends on what you do, your age, your station, your location, etc. But, in general, it makes no more sense for a 22-year-old guy to wear a three-piece suit to his biz casual cubicle than it would have for him to have worn that three-piece suit to high school or a frat party. If a guy can't figure out how to dress appropriately for his job, why should anyone trust him to make more important decisions?
This isn't to say that guys shouldn't dress as well as their circumstances allow, or even slightly better. It's only to suggest that it's important to think about what your look says about you, and whether your clothing sends the messages you want it to send. Guys who succeed while wearing nice clothes do so because the clothing adds to the image of confidence and competence. But you only need to look at WAYW to see plenty of examples of "nice clothing" doing just the opposite.post #207 of 3898/17/12 at 8:02ampost #208 of 3898/17/12 at 8:07amQuote:
Are you not aware how hot summer is in Asia? Uncles love doing this
It makes Singapore - you know... that South East Asian island ... feel like an Autumn paradise.post #209 of 3898/17/12 at 8:09amThread StarterI'm not advocating that people overdress for their jobs. I'm saying that "suit minus"--i.e., minus the things that make it work as a suit--is a terrible look.
If your workplace is biz-cazh, then swap out the suit pants for more casual pants that work with an odd jacket or no jacket. Swap out the spread collar broadcloth for a textured BD. Throw away the black duckbills for something tasteful in brown. Etc.post #210 of 3898/17/12 at 8:12amQuote:
Enduring record breaking heat this summer, I'm inclined to ask (assuming your comment is devoid of sarcasm on the topic): how hot is summer in Asia? (temperatures, please, no "hotter than a pig's ass on the fourth of July in Texas").
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 7 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 22 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 31 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...