No it wouldn't.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 2:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:01 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Worst Look - Page 14post #196 of 3898/17/12 at 6:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #197 of 3898/17/12 at 6:52ampost #198 of 3898/17/12 at 6:53ampost #199 of 3898/17/12 at 6:55amQuote:
I'm not going to tell you you're wrong, I just don't care. There is no number of pictures of Sam Zell you could post that would make me want to dress like him.post #200 of 3898/17/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Whoa. 300 is a lot of cardigans. I think I have 3. I still consider them inferior to the jacket, but for someone who just can't bring themselves to wear a jacket, the cardigan can at least give the "V" of the jacket when buttoned properly.post #201 of 3898/17/12 at 6:58ampost #202 of 3898/17/12 at 7:17amQuote:
On the first sentence, I really have no idea. But I think for a lot of people it just never really even occurs to them to wear a jacket.
On the second sentence, I agree entirely.post #203 of 3898/17/12 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #204 of 3898/17/12 at 7:25ampost #205 of 3898/17/12 at 7:36am
I will throw in on this. I have several cardigans and they are all pieces I love. I never wear one in lieu of a jacket. However on occasion I do wear one with a shirt and tie in situations where a jacket is not required. Not because I prefer them over jackets but because sometimes it's nice to have a little change. They are also nice for those in between seasons where it is too hot for a jacket but you want a little extra warmth. That having been said I do not think it is a good look if you are someone who has a little extra girth. Definitely a fit person's look.post #206 of 3898/17/12 at 7:45amThe whole question of workplace dress depends on what you do, your age, your station, your location, etc. But, in general, it makes no more sense for a 22-year-old guy to wear a three-piece suit to his biz casual cubicle than it would have for him to have worn that three-piece suit to high school or a frat party. If a guy can't figure out how to dress appropriately for his job, why should anyone trust him to make more important decisions?
This isn't to say that guys shouldn't dress as well as their circumstances allow, or even slightly better. It's only to suggest that it's important to think about what your look says about you, and whether your clothing sends the messages you want it to send. Guys who succeed while wearing nice clothes do so because the clothing adds to the image of confidence and competence. But you only need to look at WAYW to see plenty of examples of "nice clothing" doing just the opposite.post #207 of 3898/17/12 at 8:02ampost #208 of 3898/17/12 at 8:07amQuote:
Are you not aware how hot summer is in Asia? Uncles love doing this
It makes Singapore - you know... that South East Asian island ... feel like an Autumn paradise.post #209 of 3898/17/12 at 8:09amThread StarterI'm not advocating that people overdress for their jobs. I'm saying that "suit minus"--i.e., minus the things that make it work as a suit--is a terrible look.
If your workplace is biz-cazh, then swap out the suit pants for more casual pants that work with an odd jacket or no jacket. Swap out the spread collar broadcloth for a textured BD. Throw away the black duckbills for something tasteful in brown. Etc.post #210 of 3898/17/12 at 8:12amQuote:
Enduring record breaking heat this summer, I'm inclined to ask (assuming your comment is devoid of sarcasm on the topic): how hot is summer in Asia? (temperatures, please, no "hotter than a pig's ass on the fourth of July in Texas").
- The Worst Look
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 32 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 5 minutes ago
- › The Contentedness thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan