No it wouldn't.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- whnay.'s good taste thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:39 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 14post #196 of 3898/17/12 at 6:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #197 of 3898/17/12 at 6:52ampost #198 of 3898/17/12 at 6:53ampost #199 of 3898/17/12 at 6:55amQuote:
I'm not going to tell you you're wrong, I just don't care. There is no number of pictures of Sam Zell you could post that would make me want to dress like him.post #200 of 3898/17/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Whoa. 300 is a lot of cardigans. I think I have 3. I still consider them inferior to the jacket, but for someone who just can't bring themselves to wear a jacket, the cardigan can at least give the "V" of the jacket when buttoned properly.post #201 of 3898/17/12 at 6:58ampost #202 of 3898/17/12 at 7:17amQuote:
On the first sentence, I really have no idea. But I think for a lot of people it just never really even occurs to them to wear a jacket.
On the second sentence, I agree entirely.post #203 of 3898/17/12 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #204 of 3898/17/12 at 7:25ampost #205 of 3898/17/12 at 7:36am
I will throw in on this. I have several cardigans and they are all pieces I love. I never wear one in lieu of a jacket. However on occasion I do wear one with a shirt and tie in situations where a jacket is not required. Not because I prefer them over jackets but because sometimes it's nice to have a little change. They are also nice for those in between seasons where it is too hot for a jacket but you want a little extra warmth. That having been said I do not think it is a good look if you are someone who has a little extra girth. Definitely a fit person's look.post #206 of 3898/17/12 at 7:45amThe whole question of workplace dress depends on what you do, your age, your station, your location, etc. But, in general, it makes no more sense for a 22-year-old guy to wear a three-piece suit to his biz casual cubicle than it would have for him to have worn that three-piece suit to high school or a frat party. If a guy can't figure out how to dress appropriately for his job, why should anyone trust him to make more important decisions?
This isn't to say that guys shouldn't dress as well as their circumstances allow, or even slightly better. It's only to suggest that it's important to think about what your look says about you, and whether your clothing sends the messages you want it to send. Guys who succeed while wearing nice clothes do so because the clothing adds to the image of confidence and competence. But you only need to look at WAYW to see plenty of examples of "nice clothing" doing just the opposite.post #207 of 3898/17/12 at 8:02ampost #208 of 3898/17/12 at 8:07amQuote:
Are you not aware how hot summer is in Asia? Uncles love doing this
It makes Singapore - you know... that South East Asian island ... feel like an Autumn paradise.post #209 of 3898/17/12 at 8:09amThread StarterI'm not advocating that people overdress for their jobs. I'm saying that "suit minus"--i.e., minus the things that make it work as a suit--is a terrible look.
If your workplace is biz-cazh, then swap out the suit pants for more casual pants that work with an odd jacket or no jacket. Swap out the spread collar broadcloth for a textured BD. Throw away the black duckbills for something tasteful in brown. Etc.post #210 of 3898/17/12 at 8:12amQuote:
Enduring record breaking heat this summer, I'm inclined to ask (assuming your comment is devoid of sarcasm on the topic): how hot is summer in Asia? (temperatures, please, no "hotter than a pig's ass on the fourth of July in Texas").
- The Worst Look
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 12 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 12 minutes ago
- › black or brown shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...