or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 658

post #9856 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I think he generally doesn't care for them and he thinks they're easy to get wrong. But if you weren't saying what I thought you were saying, then allow me to broaden my post to address the larger group who comment frequently that a fit "needs" a hank.

That's fine, and I agree with you on that point. But I think you should also remember that I never said anything NEEDS a hank. I only said I would have preferred it. The response to my statement prompted some strong replies, but I never said it was anything other than my own preference. Not only that, but I also said what I thought would make it better if he chose not to wear a square. There is nothing wrong, or disingenuous with what I said.

You know that I accepted your point, right? smile.gif
post #9857 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


You know that I accepted your point, right? smile.gif

 

Well I do now. lol 

post #9858 of 13589
This thread has tanked yet again....
post #9859 of 13589
Oh hi guys, what's up?

1. SB is correct. I just dont like hanks for me. They are great for others. Any other "rationales" i have given were merely side-points.

2. CM - Your fit looks nice, as a matter fact it almost looks as nice as mine. However, I cannot for any reason think why that fit would be more "justifiable" without a PS than mine, or any other.

3. YRR - Thanks!!

4. CM - Basically, we dont agree. I categorically disagree with the other suggestions you made. Ed has already explained in WAYWRN why it is that my fit works and is correct, and I don't think I could do a better job of it than he did.

That being said, if you simply wanted to be a voice of dissent, congratulations you accomplished your goal. YAY FOR DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!!!!

This has been fun. No hate or offense intended. Enjoyable banter and opinions.
post #9860 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Oh hi guys, what's up?

1. SB is correct. I just dont like hanks for me. They are great for others. Any other "rationales" i have given were merely side-points.

2. CM - Your fit looks nice, as a matter fact it almost looks as nice as mine. However, I cannot for any reason think why that fit would be more "justifiable" without a PS than mine, or any other.

3. YRR - Thanks!!

4. CM - Basically, we dont agree. I categorically disagree with the other suggestions you made. Ed has already explained in WAYWRN why it is that my fit works and is correct, and I don't think I could do a better job of it than he did.

That being said, if you simply wanted to be a voice of dissent, congratulations you accomplished your goal. YAY FOR DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!!!!

This has been fun. No hate or offense intended. Enjoyable banter and opinions.

 

Well I didn't JUST want to be the voice of dissent. It's really what I think lol. But yes, I get what you are saying. And despite any who think otherwise, I think the late discussion was interesting and stimulating. This thread has decidedly not tanked. This is, in fact, what makes it interesting.

post #9861 of 13589
cheers.gif
post #9862 of 13589

Those of us who mostly lurk here, if I may be so bold to speak for all of us, and who draw inspiration for our own modest efforts to walk about in the real world looking better than we otherwise would, would prefer the thread to look like this:

 

Awesome Picture

Awesome Picture with combination I'd never have conceived

Congratulations on Awesome Pictures

Pretty good picture

Brief critique with constructive criticism

Awesome Picture

Repeat

 

And not like this:

 

What's your favorite color?

Blue.

Wrong. Your favorite color is red. Everyone's favorite color should be red.

Everyone knows blue is better, and red is for people who try to hard to be cool like people who like blue.

Purple is best.

We all agree green sucks, don't we?

I like green.

And so on.

 

Carry on. Those of you who are qualified to do so, please resume posting awesome pictures. That is all.

post #9863 of 13589
aha, i see. telling people what color to like is bad, but telling people how to post is good. got it. wink.gif
post #9864 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical1 View Post

Those of us who mostly lurk here, if I may be so bold to speak for all of us, and who draw inspiration for our own modest efforts to walk about in the real world looking better than we otherwise would, would prefer the thread to look like this:

 

Awesome Picture

Awesome Picture with combination I'd never have conceived

Congratulations on Awesome Pictures

Pretty good picture

Brief critique with constructive criticism

Awesome Picture

Repeat

 

And not like this:

 

What's your favorite color?

Blue.

Wrong. Your favorite color is red. Everyone's favorite color should be red.

Everyone knows blue is better, and red is for people who try to hard to be cool like people who like blue.

Purple is best.

We all agree green sucks, don't we?

I like green.

And so on.

 

Carry on. Those of you who are qualified to do so, please resume posting awesome pictures. That is all.


I thought the honest critiquing and absence of "circle Jerking" was what people championed this thread for

post #9865 of 13589

No, this is the meta-Good Taste thread. It's where we talk a lot about posting in a Good Taste thread. You needed to have taken the second door on the left to get to the one without circle jerking. Avoid the one on the right though; that's edmorel's fetish room.

post #9866 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post


I thought the honest critiquing and absence of "circle Jerking" was what people championed this thread for

The honest and constructive critiques are excellent, and I applaud them. I am suggesting restraint when the commentary runs on and on about what, in the end, reduces to a matter of personal preference. 

post #9867 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

aha, i see. telling people what color to like is bad, but telling people how to post is good. got it. wink.gif

Stitches, I'm on your side here. Review the nonsense about lapels with Victor Elfo as an example of what I'm wishing we could avoid here. 

post #9868 of 13589
I know, my dude, I was just bustin your balls. I figured you could handle it.

smile.gif
post #9869 of 13589


Happy now, tactical?
post #9870 of 13589
That sucks. GTFO.


I keed I keed. You know I loves it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread