Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:06 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:50 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 651post #9751 of 139498/19/13 at 3:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9752 of 139498/19/13 at 4:00pmpost #9753 of 139498/19/13 at 4:06pmpost #9754 of 139498/19/13 at 4:14pmpost #9755 of 139498/19/13 at 4:46pmpost #9756 of 139498/19/13 at 5:10pmpost #9757 of 139498/19/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
does this work Doc?post #9758 of 139498/19/13 at 6:15pm
Personally, I would be careful about wearing a bright yellow tie. The risk is that people see the tie, and it's so vibrant that they only look at the tie, and they don't notice the suit, shoes, or shirt. The principle I like to follow is to try to have people see the whole outfit. Their eyes should not dwell, much less stare, at any one part. It reminds me of a piece of advice from Cary Grant: "Remember, that's you walking down the street, not the socks." What goes for bright yellow socks would apply to a similarly colored tie.
I do like your suit, and that's beautiful leather on your shoes.post #9759 of 139498/19/13 at 6:29pm
No way my man, one of them is a beautiful six-fold from Henry Carter and it's a great tie... sure it could be out of place in a business setting, but fortunately that's not my case
I might have poor taste or whatever, but outside CBD, I quite like yellow ties. I think they look good with lighter-than-navy jackets and pale blue shirts. I have to admit Tirailleur's tie looks a bit too bright even for my taste, though...post #9760 of 139498/19/13 at 7:15pmpost #9761 of 139498/19/13 at 7:26pmTira, I know you asked Doc, but I think that tie (as it appears in the picture) is just too bright. It damned near glows. A similarly bright orange or green or blue tie would have the same problem. FWIW, though, I think people are still more likely to remember you than the tie.
RD, I wouldn't seriously tell someone not to wear yellow ties (even though they are almost categorically hideous to my eye). You know that, right?post #9762 of 139498/19/13 at 7:27pmpost #9763 of 139498/19/13 at 8:00pmpost #9764 of 139498/19/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
but... but... you fixed me post to say destroy yellow ties
Alas, I'm going to wear a yellow tie today.post #9765 of 139498/19/13 at 11:04pm
just not the ones with yellow in themQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
does this work Doc?
nothing plays off the complexion like tie color. that's why yellow looks so dodgy with paler complexions- tends to make me look sallow.
dark complexions on the other hand, they def can work, which is y T's look roks here IMO
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Just bought this watch for $800 from Macys. Was it a good buy? 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › who are your favorite celebrities? 1 minute ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Opinion on this purchase 3 minutes ago
- › AN AUSTRALIAN ICON! Akubra Slouch Hat. Size 59. FREE SHIPPING &... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...