Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 651post #9751 of 126038/19/13 at 3:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9752 of 126038/19/13 at 4:00pmpost #9753 of 126038/19/13 at 4:06pmpost #9754 of 126038/19/13 at 4:14pmpost #9755 of 126038/19/13 at 4:46pmpost #9756 of 126038/19/13 at 5:10pmpost #9757 of 126038/19/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
does this work Doc?post #9758 of 126038/19/13 at 6:15pm
Personally, I would be careful about wearing a bright yellow tie. The risk is that people see the tie, and it's so vibrant that they only look at the tie, and they don't notice the suit, shoes, or shirt. The principle I like to follow is to try to have people see the whole outfit. Their eyes should not dwell, much less stare, at any one part. It reminds me of a piece of advice from Cary Grant: "Remember, that's you walking down the street, not the socks." What goes for bright yellow socks would apply to a similarly colored tie.
I do like your suit, and that's beautiful leather on your shoes.post #9759 of 126038/19/13 at 6:29pm
No way my man, one of them is a beautiful six-fold from Henry Carter and it's a great tie... sure it could be out of place in a business setting, but fortunately that's not my case
I might have poor taste or whatever, but outside CBD, I quite like yellow ties. I think they look good with lighter-than-navy jackets and pale blue shirts. I have to admit Tirailleur's tie looks a bit too bright even for my taste, though...post #9760 of 126038/19/13 at 7:15pmpost #9761 of 126038/19/13 at 7:26pmTira, I know you asked Doc, but I think that tie (as it appears in the picture) is just too bright. It damned near glows. A similarly bright orange or green or blue tie would have the same problem. FWIW, though, I think people are still more likely to remember you than the tie.
RD, I wouldn't seriously tell someone not to wear yellow ties (even though they are almost categorically hideous to my eye). You know that, right?post #9762 of 126038/19/13 at 7:27pmpost #9763 of 126038/19/13 at 8:00pmpost #9764 of 126038/19/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
but... but... you fixed me post to say destroy yellow ties
Alas, I'm going to wear a yellow tie today.post #9765 of 126038/19/13 at 11:04pm
just not the ones with yellow in themQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
does this work Doc?
nothing plays off the complexion like tie color. that's why yellow looks so dodgy with paler complexions- tends to make me look sallow.
dark complexions on the other hand, they def can work, which is y T's look roks here IMO
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Danner Urban Light Lovejoy 30445 Stumptown collection boots size 10EE 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 14 minutes ago
- › Manila Tailor 16 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 18 minutes ago
- › Discuss Swaine Adeney Brigg cases 18 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 22 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)