Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 651post #9751 of 139058/19/13 at 3:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9752 of 139058/19/13 at 4:00pmpost #9753 of 139058/19/13 at 4:06pmpost #9754 of 139058/19/13 at 4:14pmpost #9755 of 139058/19/13 at 4:46pmpost #9756 of 139058/19/13 at 5:10pmpost #9757 of 139058/19/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
does this work Doc?post #9758 of 139058/19/13 at 6:15pm
Personally, I would be careful about wearing a bright yellow tie. The risk is that people see the tie, and it's so vibrant that they only look at the tie, and they don't notice the suit, shoes, or shirt. The principle I like to follow is to try to have people see the whole outfit. Their eyes should not dwell, much less stare, at any one part. It reminds me of a piece of advice from Cary Grant: "Remember, that's you walking down the street, not the socks." What goes for bright yellow socks would apply to a similarly colored tie.
I do like your suit, and that's beautiful leather on your shoes.post #9759 of 139058/19/13 at 6:29pm
No way my man, one of them is a beautiful six-fold from Henry Carter and it's a great tie... sure it could be out of place in a business setting, but fortunately that's not my case
I might have poor taste or whatever, but outside CBD, I quite like yellow ties. I think they look good with lighter-than-navy jackets and pale blue shirts. I have to admit Tirailleur's tie looks a bit too bright even for my taste, though...post #9760 of 139058/19/13 at 7:15pmpost #9761 of 139058/19/13 at 7:26pmTira, I know you asked Doc, but I think that tie (as it appears in the picture) is just too bright. It damned near glows. A similarly bright orange or green or blue tie would have the same problem. FWIW, though, I think people are still more likely to remember you than the tie.
RD, I wouldn't seriously tell someone not to wear yellow ties (even though they are almost categorically hideous to my eye). You know that, right?post #9762 of 139058/19/13 at 7:27pmpost #9763 of 139058/19/13 at 8:00pmpost #9764 of 139058/19/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
but... but... you fixed me post to say destroy yellow ties
Alas, I'm going to wear a yellow tie today.post #9765 of 139058/19/13 at 11:04pm
just not the ones with yellow in themQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
does this work Doc?
nothing plays off the complexion like tie color. that's why yellow looks so dodgy with paler complexions- tends to make me look sallow.
dark complexions on the other hand, they def can work, which is y T's look roks here IMO
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 8 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 9 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 13 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 13 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 18 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...