or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 618

post #9256 of 12662
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post



square is blue. maybe too much blue for some.

personally I like, but I do get the "not sure " comments.


"Too much blue" falls into the "too many patterns" grouping for me -- if I don't notice it getting dressed, I reckon I'm okay, but if it even crosses my mind as I'm putting things together, I change something.

 

Then again, I'm starting to think that, if I were in coat and tie more often, I'd end up wearing my cream silk square a significant plurality of the time.

post #9257 of 12662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstonight View Post

I think it started well with the shirt and the tie.
To me the blazer makes the whole look cheap. It fits badly and frankly the color is reminiscent of an impoverished village's mud huts. Idk why but I really never thought of khaki/ camel / that color as upscale at all. And combines with the shirt and tie in those specific colors makes it very 70's to me.



But hey the tie n shirt very well done. Just change the blazer.

lurker[1].gif
post #9258 of 12662
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itstonight View Post


I think it started well with the shirt and the tie.
To me the blazer makes the whole look cheap. It fits badly and frankly the color is reminiscent of an impoverished village's mud huts. Idk why but I really never thought of khaki/ camel / that color as upscale at all. And combines with the shirt and tie in those specific colors makes it very 70's to me.



But hey the tie n shirt very well done. Just change the blazer.

 

 

crackup[1].gif
post #9259 of 12662
I remember when I first read that Manton post I had to google "chav".
post #9260 of 12662
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I remember when I first read that Manton post I had to google "chav".

he referred to one of my suits, "as the chaviest suit of all time." good times.
post #9261 of 12662
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


he referred to one of my suits, "as the chaviest suit of all time." good times.

I searched for this, but could not find it. 

 

I would like to see the chaviest suit of all time.biggrin.gif

post #9262 of 12662
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

I searched for this, but could not find it. 
I would like to see the chaviest suit of all time.biggrin.gif

the quote may not have been exact. you can find it if you look the right way. smile.gif
post #9263 of 12662
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

he referred to one of my suits, "as the chaviest suit of all time." good times.

Was it a track suit? Italian tuxedo?
post #9264 of 12662
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Was it a track suit? Italian tuxedo?

laugh.gif it was a light blue chalk stripe on gray ground. slight herringbone to the fabric.
post #9265 of 12662

First time wearing my new odd jacket:
 

 

post #9266 of 12662
msulinski, that's one of those SCs that's not bold enough to be a good SC but too loud to be a good suit.

Maybe try a solid knit tie instead of the stripes?
post #9267 of 12662

Hmmm, I actually think it would make a nice suit. Not CBD, that's for sure, but that looks like suiting.

post #9268 of 12662
I'm with Cantabrigian; imho it's too loud for a suit, not loud/distinct enough for a sports jacket.
post #9269 of 12662
Too loud for a suit? Maybe for wearing in a financial district, but I don't see how that can be considered too much for a casual suit.
post #9270 of 12662
Not too loud as in too offensive in a certain setting but too loud as in too loud to be aesthetically pleasing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread