or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 617

post #9241 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Quite good outfits, very much in the spirit of the thread, the last few pages. No Foo or Manton to acknowledge this in sight?

dont hold your breath, brother.

JP - looks great as always.

been a lil bit since i posted one. from yesterday, here goes.

5110fc78_36f6af1a-165b-4790-94e3-6020a9e2ff9c_zps42da9122.jpeg
post #9242 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Quite good outfits, very much in the spirit of the thread, the last few pages. No Foo or Manton to acknowledge this in sight?

I nominate Tira to take their place in the mean time because fuck it.

post #9243 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

dont hold your breath, brother.

JP - looks great as always.

been a lil bit since i posted one. from yesterday, here goes.

5110fc78_36f6af1a-165b-4790-94e3-6020a9e2ff9c_zps42da9122.jpeg

I just mean... when there were more bad ones that was a big issue, now that it's good no one seems to notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I nominate Tira to take their place in the mean time because fuck it.

Who is Tira?
post #9244 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

I just mean... when there were more bad ones that was a big issue, now that it's good no one seems to notice.

i know. its a bummer.
Quote:
Who is Tira?

Tirailleur1 aka - Mr. Swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
post #9245 of 12310

Tira = Tirailleur1

 

post #9246 of 12310
Ah, okay. I like his outfits, but he hardly seems like a good substitute for stern OCBDers, no?
post #9247 of 12310
that was teh joak. wink.gif
post #9248 of 12310

awright awright AWRIGHT!!!!

post #9249 of 12310
Fuck yeah!
post #9250 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Quite good outfits, very much in the spirit of the thread, the last few pages. No Foo or Manton to acknowledge this in sight?

I'm no foo.gif or Manton but I'll go out on a limb and acknowledge that UC, JPH, HC and MrC did well there :tips hat:

I think IS's all solid outfit is a bit too austere for me, maybe a striped shirt in there or - oh I know - you should send him a pocket square in his next tie order wink.gif
post #9251 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Complaints about the quality of my pics will be ignored. I urge chavs, fops, bottom feeders and n00bs to think carefully before you post in this thread. If you are wondering whether something is in good taste, it probably isn't. I encourage nay, foo, matt, dopey, gdl, vox (he is missed), concordia, t4, parker, will, baron, edmorel and some others whose names aren't occuring to me at the moment to comment with directness but without rancor. of course, there will be little need to say anything about my combos because they will always be impeccable.


I think it started well with the shirt and the tie.
To me the blazer makes the whole look cheap. It fits badly and frankly the color is reminiscent of an impoverished village's mud huts. Idk why but I really never thought of khaki/ camel / that color as upscale at all. And combines with the shirt and tie in those specific colors makes it very 70's to me.



But hey the tie n shirt very well done. Just change the blazer.
Edited by Itstonight - 7/9/13 at 7:06pm
post #9252 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I'm no foo.gif or Manton but I'll go out on a limb and acknowledge that UC, JPH, HC and MrC did well there :tips hat:

I think IS's all solid outfit is a bit too austere for me, maybe a striped shirt in there or - oh I know - you should send him a pocket square in his next tie order wink.gif

Thanks GDL biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstonight View Post

I think it started well with the shirt and the tie.
To me the blazer makes the whole look cheap. It fits badly and frankly the color is reminiscent of an impoverished village's mud huts. Idk why but I really never thought of khaki/ camel / that color as upscale at all. And combines with the shirt and tie in those specific colors makes it very 70's to me.



But hey the tie n shirt very well done. Just change the blazer.

Ha ha you wont last long here....

X-post







Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Cottonwork (needs collar points lengthened)
Tie: Henry Carter Macclesfield #5
Ps: Henry Carter white irish linen
Shoes: Meermin MTO
post #9253 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I'm no foo.gif or Manton but I'll go out on a limb and acknowledge that UC, JPH, HC and MrC did well there :tips hat:
I think IS's all solid outfit is a bit too austere for me, maybe a striped shirt in there or - oh I know - you should send him a pocket square in his next tie order wink.gif

y u hate austere? also, is austere not in good taste for teh gdl? he can send me all the PSs he wants, they make great backgrounds for watch pics!

nice to see you here as always, g. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstonight View Post

I think it started well with the shirt and the tie.
To me the blazer makes the whole look cheap. It fits badly and frankly the color is reminiscent of an impoverished village's mud huts. Idk why but I really never thought of khaki/ camel / that color as upscale at all. And combines with the shirt and tie in those specific colors makes it very 70's to me.
But hey the tie n shirt very well done. Just change the blazer.

its a suit. and you cant tell the fit as its unbuttoned and he is taking a selfie. just judging the colors and textures, not sure there are any negs at all.
post #9254 of 12310
HC, I love the tie, but I shouldn't see your collar points.
post #9255 of 12310
Yep, see my comments in the details section. I'm all over it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread