Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:06 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:50 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 614post #9196 of 139496/17/13 at 10:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9197 of 139496/17/13 at 10:29ampost #9198 of 139496/17/13 at 10:31amQuote:
Yup, thanks for the suggestion. 9.5 is what I was thinking of shooting for, but 9 may be just enough. These look massive because I'm a quite short dude at 5'7", and the pose somewhat makes them look even wider. Since I asked for extended shoulders on this jacket I wanted the lapels to be wider as well - but clearly went overboard, which is worsened by the messed up measurement...
I measured them like this (and so does my tailor):
Next commission will come with 10.5cm lapels, but that's because they are peak lapels (seersucker DB).
Edited by RDiaz - 6/17/13 at 10:50ampost #9199 of 139496/17/13 at 3:59pmpost #9200 of 139496/17/13 at 4:00pmpost #9201 of 139496/17/13 at 5:06pmpost #9202 of 139496/17/13 at 5:09pmpost #9203 of 139496/17/13 at 5:20pmpost #9204 of 139496/17/13 at 5:26pmpost #9205 of 139496/17/13 at 6:41pmpost #9206 of 139496/17/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
A man of my what?
Hmmm, I can't see the pic, but I really wish there was a solid seersucker in the books he showed me - would have picked it in a second. If I could wear linen I'd even have picked solid blue over any seersucker. But I'm afraid I had to choose between blue and white or pink and white stripes, and seersucker is the only fabric I can tolerate at 30ºC and above, so...
Still trying to get my tailor to acquire some more summer books. He's got pretty much every fall/winter H&S book available, but only a few spring/summer ones.
Anyways, If I can pull the stripes off half as well as Will does, I'll be very happy
Edited by RDiaz - 6/17/13 at 11:14pmpost #9207 of 139496/17/13 at 9:16pmpost #9208 of 139496/18/13 at 12:12ampost #9209 of 139496/18/13 at 12:51am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 10.5 B/D Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Bal 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...