Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:36 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 614post #9196 of 141146/17/13 at 10:26ampost #9197 of 141146/17/13 at 10:29ampost #9198 of 141146/17/13 at 10:31amQuote:
Yup, thanks for the suggestion. 9.5 is what I was thinking of shooting for, but 9 may be just enough. These look massive because I'm a quite short dude at 5'7", and the pose somewhat makes them look even wider. Since I asked for extended shoulders on this jacket I wanted the lapels to be wider as well - but clearly went overboard, which is worsened by the messed up measurement...
I measured them like this (and so does my tailor):
Next commission will come with 10.5cm lapels, but that's because they are peak lapels (seersucker DB).
Edited by RDiaz - 6/17/13 at 10:50ampost #9199 of 141146/17/13 at 3:59pmpost #9200 of 141146/17/13 at 4:00pmpost #9201 of 141146/17/13 at 5:06pmpost #9202 of 141146/17/13 at 5:09pmpost #9203 of 141146/17/13 at 5:20pmpost #9204 of 141146/17/13 at 5:26pmpost #9205 of 141146/17/13 at 6:41pmpost #9206 of 141146/17/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
A man of my what?
Hmmm, I can't see the pic, but I really wish there was a solid seersucker in the books he showed me - would have picked it in a second. If I could wear linen I'd even have picked solid blue over any seersucker. But I'm afraid I had to choose between blue and white or pink and white stripes, and seersucker is the only fabric I can tolerate at 30ºC and above, so...
Still trying to get my tailor to acquire some more summer books. He's got pretty much every fall/winter H&S book available, but only a few spring/summer ones.
Anyways, If I can pull the stripes off half as well as Will does, I'll be very happy
Edited by RDiaz - 6/17/13 at 11:14pmpost #9207 of 141146/17/13 at 9:16pmpost #9208 of 141146/18/13 at 12:12ampost #9209 of 141146/18/13 at 12:51ampost #9210 of 141146/18/13 at 1:20am
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 28 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 29 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 36 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 36 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 39 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding