Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:57 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 606
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9077 of 139966/2/13 at 5:40pmpost #9078 of 139966/2/13 at 5:54pmpost #9079 of 139966/2/13 at 6:56pmQuote:
This is close. This is not a fit critique thread, but your jacket is too short and your pants seem like they're pulling on your thighs.
In terms of combination, I like it much more in the wider shot where the shirt appears to be a solid light blue. Even then, the tie is boring -- we might use soporific as a compliment for ties sometimes, but this tie is undistinguished and muddy. It reminds me of, like, late '80s Armani.
I find navy/white striped shirts harder to deal with than a mid or light blue stripe. Square is white linen or cream silk? Either way, good choice with a blue striped shirt. I don't like that the only patterns you have going on are purely linear, though.
Are the belt and shoes gray? That only adds to the questionable '80s bad taste vibe, but it could just be bad light.
You and I use this thread in the same way -- if I can't spot anything wrong with a rig, then I'll throw it up on here and find out. On the plus side, that couch is very fab, and shows that you do have a sense of style -- it's just a matter of learning how to effectively apply it to clothes.post #9080 of 139966/2/13 at 7:07pmI like the belly of that lapels on that overcoat Apropos.
On this length of the overcoat thing -- is there supposed to be a standard for overcoat length? I know they tend to be cut longer, but I'm not sure I prefer that on dwarfs like myself.
I felt Foo's coat was a little too long for my preference, though his choice of overcoat length (and those large turn-ups) might be one of necessity cum preference.
[img]post #9081 of 139966/2/13 at 7:44pmThe OC "standard" as per Apparel Arts is just below the knee, but along with indoor heating, miniskirts and bikinis progress has also led to the shortening of OC hems.
Mine - as is standard with most OTR OCs nowadays - is just above knee. It's an unlined number from Phineas Cole, which suits perfectly the warmer Australian clime.
I think some more fashion forward OTR OCs are mid-thigh now, and if you are of slighter build I imagine this trend would work to your benefit as it means that most OCs end at your knee, which is definitely canonical IMO.post #9082 of 139966/2/13 at 7:48pmpost #9083 of 139966/2/13 at 8:32pmpost #9084 of 139966/2/13 at 8:37pmpost #9085 of 139966/3/13 at 4:58ampost #9086 of 139966/3/13 at 6:15ampost #9087 of 139966/3/13 at 8:01ampost #9088 of 139966/3/13 at 10:40ampost #9089 of 139966/3/13 at 11:20am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 19 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 28 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 33 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories