Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:28 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 1/22/15 at 12:32pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 606
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9077 of 136186/2/13 at 5:40pmpost #9078 of 136186/2/13 at 5:54pmpost #9079 of 136186/2/13 at 6:56pmQuote:
This is close. This is not a fit critique thread, but your jacket is too short and your pants seem like they're pulling on your thighs.
In terms of combination, I like it much more in the wider shot where the shirt appears to be a solid light blue. Even then, the tie is boring -- we might use soporific as a compliment for ties sometimes, but this tie is undistinguished and muddy. It reminds me of, like, late '80s Armani.
I find navy/white striped shirts harder to deal with than a mid or light blue stripe. Square is white linen or cream silk? Either way, good choice with a blue striped shirt. I don't like that the only patterns you have going on are purely linear, though.
Are the belt and shoes gray? That only adds to the questionable '80s bad taste vibe, but it could just be bad light.
You and I use this thread in the same way -- if I can't spot anything wrong with a rig, then I'll throw it up on here and find out. On the plus side, that couch is very fab, and shows that you do have a sense of style -- it's just a matter of learning how to effectively apply it to clothes.post #9080 of 136186/2/13 at 7:07pmI like the belly of that lapels on that overcoat Apropos.
On this length of the overcoat thing -- is there supposed to be a standard for overcoat length? I know they tend to be cut longer, but I'm not sure I prefer that on dwarfs like myself.
I felt Foo's coat was a little too long for my preference, though his choice of overcoat length (and those large turn-ups) might be one of necessity cum preference.
[img]post #9081 of 136186/2/13 at 7:44pmThe OC "standard" as per Apparel Arts is just below the knee, but along with indoor heating, miniskirts and bikinis progress has also led to the shortening of OC hems.
Mine - as is standard with most OTR OCs nowadays - is just above knee. It's an unlined number from Phineas Cole, which suits perfectly the warmer Australian clime.
I think some more fashion forward OTR OCs are mid-thigh now, and if you are of slighter build I imagine this trend would work to your benefit as it means that most OCs end at your knee, which is definitely canonical IMO.post #9082 of 136186/2/13 at 7:48pmpost #9083 of 136186/2/13 at 8:32pmpost #9084 of 136186/2/13 at 8:37pmpost #9085 of 136186/3/13 at 4:58ampost #9086 of 136186/3/13 at 6:15ampost #9087 of 136186/3/13 at 8:01ampost #9088 of 136186/3/13 at 10:40ampost #9089 of 136186/3/13 at 11:20am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Wings and Horns Sweatshirts - Size M 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The Grad Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Isaia Gingham Check Dress Shirt : BNWT : Size 16 1/2" 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays