Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 3/27/17 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 606post #9077 of 141576/2/13 at 5:40pmpost #9078 of 141576/2/13 at 5:54pmpost #9079 of 141576/2/13 at 6:56pmQuote:
This is close. This is not a fit critique thread, but your jacket is too short and your pants seem like they're pulling on your thighs.
In terms of combination, I like it much more in the wider shot where the shirt appears to be a solid light blue. Even then, the tie is boring -- we might use soporific as a compliment for ties sometimes, but this tie is undistinguished and muddy. It reminds me of, like, late '80s Armani.
I find navy/white striped shirts harder to deal with than a mid or light blue stripe. Square is white linen or cream silk? Either way, good choice with a blue striped shirt. I don't like that the only patterns you have going on are purely linear, though.
Are the belt and shoes gray? That only adds to the questionable '80s bad taste vibe, but it could just be bad light.
You and I use this thread in the same way -- if I can't spot anything wrong with a rig, then I'll throw it up on here and find out. On the plus side, that couch is very fab, and shows that you do have a sense of style -- it's just a matter of learning how to effectively apply it to clothes.post #9080 of 141576/2/13 at 7:07pmI like the belly of that lapels on that overcoat Apropos.
On this length of the overcoat thing -- is there supposed to be a standard for overcoat length? I know they tend to be cut longer, but I'm not sure I prefer that on dwarfs like myself.
I felt Foo's coat was a little too long for my preference, though his choice of overcoat length (and those large turn-ups) might be one of necessity cum preference.
[img]post #9081 of 141576/2/13 at 7:44pmThe OC "standard" as per Apparel Arts is just below the knee, but along with indoor heating, miniskirts and bikinis progress has also led to the shortening of OC hems.
Mine - as is standard with most OTR OCs nowadays - is just above knee. It's an unlined number from Phineas Cole, which suits perfectly the warmer Australian clime.
I think some more fashion forward OTR OCs are mid-thigh now, and if you are of slighter build I imagine this trend would work to your benefit as it means that most OCs end at your knee, which is definitely canonical IMO.post #9082 of 141576/2/13 at 7:48pmpost #9083 of 141576/2/13 at 8:32pmpost #9084 of 141576/2/13 at 8:37pmpost #9085 of 141576/3/13 at 4:58ampost #9086 of 141576/3/13 at 6:15ampost #9087 of 141576/3/13 at 8:01ampost #9088 of 141576/3/13 at 10:40ampost #9089 of 141576/3/13 at 11:20ampost #9090 of 141576/3/13 at 2:13pm
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 19 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 41 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 43 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 44 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 44 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...