Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:21 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 606post #9077 of 140566/2/13 at 5:40pmpost #9078 of 140566/2/13 at 5:54pmpost #9079 of 140566/2/13 at 6:56pmQuote:
This is close. This is not a fit critique thread, but your jacket is too short and your pants seem like they're pulling on your thighs.
In terms of combination, I like it much more in the wider shot where the shirt appears to be a solid light blue. Even then, the tie is boring -- we might use soporific as a compliment for ties sometimes, but this tie is undistinguished and muddy. It reminds me of, like, late '80s Armani.
I find navy/white striped shirts harder to deal with than a mid or light blue stripe. Square is white linen or cream silk? Either way, good choice with a blue striped shirt. I don't like that the only patterns you have going on are purely linear, though.
Are the belt and shoes gray? That only adds to the questionable '80s bad taste vibe, but it could just be bad light.
You and I use this thread in the same way -- if I can't spot anything wrong with a rig, then I'll throw it up on here and find out. On the plus side, that couch is very fab, and shows that you do have a sense of style -- it's just a matter of learning how to effectively apply it to clothes.post #9080 of 140566/2/13 at 7:07pmI like the belly of that lapels on that overcoat Apropos.
On this length of the overcoat thing -- is there supposed to be a standard for overcoat length? I know they tend to be cut longer, but I'm not sure I prefer that on dwarfs like myself.
I felt Foo's coat was a little too long for my preference, though his choice of overcoat length (and those large turn-ups) might be one of necessity cum preference.
[img]post #9081 of 140566/2/13 at 7:44pmThe OC "standard" as per Apparel Arts is just below the knee, but along with indoor heating, miniskirts and bikinis progress has also led to the shortening of OC hems.
Mine - as is standard with most OTR OCs nowadays - is just above knee. It's an unlined number from Phineas Cole, which suits perfectly the warmer Australian clime.
I think some more fashion forward OTR OCs are mid-thigh now, and if you are of slighter build I imagine this trend would work to your benefit as it means that most OCs end at your knee, which is definitely canonical IMO.post #9082 of 140566/2/13 at 7:48pmpost #9083 of 140566/2/13 at 8:32pmpost #9084 of 140566/2/13 at 8:37pmpost #9085 of 140566/3/13 at 4:58ampost #9086 of 140566/3/13 at 6:15ampost #9087 of 140566/3/13 at 8:01ampost #9088 of 140566/3/13 at 10:40ampost #9089 of 140566/3/13 at 11:20ampost #9090 of 140566/3/13 at 2:13pm
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 15 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts