Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:02 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 603post #9031 of 139625/31/13 at 10:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9032 of 139625/31/13 at 10:39ampost #9033 of 139625/31/13 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Still don't like the watch, but I have a question. I have a royal blue "summer" suit. I have no idea what tie to wear with it. Can a black knit work with such a light blue? I am not sure about how to pair it. I was also thinking of a white tie with red pindots that Will has on his site.
If it's not a grey-blue, I don't think black would work so well.
I like the example stitch posted but sounds like your suit is another beast entirely.
Navy might work - I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. You could also go for something grey / silver, as opposed to just black and white.
I can't see you in an orange tie.post #9034 of 139625/31/13 at 10:42ampost #9035 of 139625/31/13 at 10:48ampost #9036 of 139625/31/13 at 10:52ampost #9037 of 139625/31/13 at 10:54amOne thing that seems kind of weird to mention is that I tend to stay away from white/silvery ties in the summer because my oily guinea hands tend to stain the knot area from tying and fixing and stuff. After I noticed this phenomenon I have been washing my hands like a fiend before adjusting my tie, or even putting it on in the morning.post #9038 of 139625/31/13 at 11:01ampost #9039 of 139625/31/13 at 11:02amQuote:
you think you have it hard? my hands are dry as fuck and rough from all the sanding, glueing and general use of adhesives and oodles of isopropanol and acetone in the lab.
everytime my velcro hands touch a grenadine or knit tie I can hear my fingers ripping small fibres... for a while I thought I might put a box of disposable gloves in my tie drawer and tie them like a surgeon every morning. but that would be just silly.post #9040 of 139625/31/13 at 11:03ampost #9041 of 139625/31/13 at 11:05ampost #9042 of 139625/31/13 at 11:05ampost #9043 of 139625/31/13 at 11:08ampost #9044 of 139625/31/13 at 11:34am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Belgravia 10.5E Dark Oak Antique (184 last) 6 minutes ago
- › I need your eyes (not in a literal sense) - counterfeit or not? 10 minutes ago
- › Anyone happy with itailor.com? 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...