Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:34 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 5:32 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 603post #9031 of 139455/31/13 at 10:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9032 of 139455/31/13 at 10:39ampost #9033 of 139455/31/13 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Still don't like the watch, but I have a question. I have a royal blue "summer" suit. I have no idea what tie to wear with it. Can a black knit work with such a light blue? I am not sure about how to pair it. I was also thinking of a white tie with red pindots that Will has on his site.
If it's not a grey-blue, I don't think black would work so well.
I like the example stitch posted but sounds like your suit is another beast entirely.
Navy might work - I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. You could also go for something grey / silver, as opposed to just black and white.
I can't see you in an orange tie.post #9034 of 139455/31/13 at 10:42ampost #9035 of 139455/31/13 at 10:48ampost #9036 of 139455/31/13 at 10:52ampost #9037 of 139455/31/13 at 10:54amOne thing that seems kind of weird to mention is that I tend to stay away from white/silvery ties in the summer because my oily guinea hands tend to stain the knot area from tying and fixing and stuff. After I noticed this phenomenon I have been washing my hands like a fiend before adjusting my tie, or even putting it on in the morning.post #9038 of 139455/31/13 at 11:01ampost #9039 of 139455/31/13 at 11:02amQuote:
you think you have it hard? my hands are dry as fuck and rough from all the sanding, glueing and general use of adhesives and oodles of isopropanol and acetone in the lab.
everytime my velcro hands touch a grenadine or knit tie I can hear my fingers ripping small fibres... for a while I thought I might put a box of disposable gloves in my tie drawer and tie them like a surgeon every morning. but that would be just silly.post #9040 of 139455/31/13 at 11:03ampost #9041 of 139455/31/13 at 11:05ampost #9042 of 139455/31/13 at 11:05ampost #9043 of 139455/31/13 at 11:08ampost #9044 of 139455/31/13 at 11:34am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 45 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 56 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan