or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 594

post #8896 of 12820
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

RD, sorry to cloud this up with a off topic question.

Will anything other than restaurants and bars be open in Madrid next Wednesday, Labor Day?

FTFY. I can't speak to the May 2 holiday though - is it fixed on the calendar Rdiaz? I could have sworn that last May 2 banks, Carmina and Meermin were open.
post #8897 of 12820
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumspice View Post


FTFY. I can't speak to the May 2 holiday though - is it fixed on the calendar Rdiaz? I could have sworn that last May 2 banks, Carmina and Meermin were open.

It is fixed, but it's a local holiday, not national, so maybe some stores will be open.

post #8898 of 12820
I leave on Thursday, so Wednesday would be my only option. I'll ask the hotel tomorrow, but I'm sure most places are closed.

Arrived today. Seemed like most stores in the Salamanca area were closed. Went to Carmina on Gran Via and picked up pair of shell monks.

I'm not a shell guy (first pair) but the had a healthy discount because of the larger size (300 from 550) and the gentleman assistant, said I could not pass up.

Off to Sevilla for meeting tomorrow, but will check Salamanca area on Tuesday.

I'll be back in June for Holiday for a few days so, will have more time.
post #8899 of 12820
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

UUsksOC.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
dszpMkV.jpg

Superb. Is that all linen up top?
post #8900 of 12820
Thanks, inimitable. Tie, shirt and part of the jacket.
post #8901 of 12820
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

. Perhaps our Antipodean and other Southern Hemisphere friends will oblige us with more frequent posting...

I will try my best on occassion, as we descend in to winter more everyday over here.







Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Cottonwork blue herringbone
Tie: Henry Carter 7 fold double bar repp
Square: Random
Shoes: Meermin MTO
post #8902 of 12820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

. Perhaps our Antipodean and other Southern Hemisphere friends will oblige us with more frequent posting...

I will try my best on occassion, as we descend in to winter more everyday over here.







Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Cottonwork blue herringbone
Tie: Henry Carter 7 fold double bar repp
Square: Random
Shoes: Meermin MTO

Marvelous!
post #8903 of 12820
Originally Posted by sugarbutch

. "Perhaps our Antipodean and other Southern Hemisphere friends will oblige us with more frequent posting..."


I completely agree. For me this posting has been an eye-opening revelation. I was under the impression that Australians
and their Kiwi brethren dressed more casually:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA
Edited by comrade - 4/30/13 at 1:10pm
post #8904 of 12820
Duplicate post
The bug is immortal!
post #8905 of 12820
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

I leave on Thursday, so Wednesday would be my only option. I'll ask the hotel tomorrow, but I'm sure most places are closed.

Arrived today. Seemed like most stores in the Salamanca area were closed. Went to Carmina on Gran Via and picked up pair of shell monks.

I'm not a shell guy (first pair) but the had a healthy discount because of the larger size (300 from 550) and the gentleman assistant, said I could not pass up.

Off to Sevilla for meeting tomorrow, but will check Salamanca area on Tuesday.

I'll be back in June for Holiday for a few days so, will have more time.

 

That's weird - I wouldn't have expected anything to close yesterday, or today. The Gran Via store has a great selection anyways (that's where I like to get mine), congrats on your purchase!

post #8906 of 12820
post #8907 of 12820
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post


I completely agree. For me this posting has been an eye-opening revelation. I was under the impression that Australians
and their Kiwi brethren dressed more casually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

That's just what we wear on the weekends.... Thanks for the thumbs all. Today -







Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear 7 fold silk/wool
Cardi: Zara
PS: Henry Carter Irish Linen
Shoes: Carmina
post #8908 of 12820
post #8909 of 12820
I'd swap out the print tie for something solidish, or at least a a repp stripe.

The small pattern is a little too close to the scale of the herringbone.

And those sorts of ties seem too formal for anything but a navy blazer within the odd jacket world.
post #8910 of 12820
i think its excellent. looks lovely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread