Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 591
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8852 of 126064/16/13 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
Thanks guys. Yeah our hoster seems to have been affected by a big hacking effort that has taken over 90 thousand Wordpress websites down worldwide. I'm hoping we will be back up and running soon enough though. Pricks....
Anyway Stitchy that one sold out long ago I'm afraid and I just gave the last one (my own one I kept) to my father in law for a wedding.
that really is crappy. some people are such assholes.post #8853 of 126064/17/13 at 8:41ampost #8854 of 126064/17/13 at 9:09amQuote:
its funny that a lot of mills sell fabric with high silk content as warm weather fabric when in fact silk runs crazy hot.post #8855 of 126064/17/13 at 9:13amQuote:
Is this true of any weave? Is raw silk like dupioni (which I thought was a summer fabric) as hot as other silk? FWIW, there were a few people at Pitti F/W that are now making 100% silk jackets that had kind of a fuzzy finish to them. So it's not that they sell all silk as warm weather fabric.post #8856 of 126064/17/13 at 9:14ampost #8857 of 126064/17/13 at 9:24ampost #8858 of 126064/17/13 at 9:27amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Is this true of any weave? Is raw silk like dupioni (which I thought was a summer fabric) as hot as other silk? FWIW, there were a few people at Pitti F/W that are now making 100% silk jackets that had kind of a fuzzy finish to them. So it's not that they sell all silk as warm weather fabric.
don't know about raw silk. It seems to be a more open weave so it may work well in warm weather.post #8859 of 126064/17/13 at 9:29amThread Starterpost #8860 of 126064/17/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Oh, yeah, I found that out the hard way last summer. That stuff is really hot. I was talking about the tie when I said 50% silk 50% linen though, the coat is made of wool (11oz, so it's starting to run warm).
I'm beginning to wonder what to ask for as a lining on my summer coats. I'd get them with just a little lining at the shoulders if I could, but the sleeves must be lined, apparently - and the lining makes me sweat like a mofo. Silk is warm and so are synthetics...
Edited by RDiaz - 4/17/13 at 9:59ampost #8861 of 126064/17/13 at 9:51ampost #8862 of 126064/17/13 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
was wondering if this would be considered a summer tie as well. wool, but unlined and lighter in color and weight. thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It doesn't look like a summer tie to me, which isn't to say you shouldn't wear it in the summer.post #8863 of 126064/17/13 at 10:18ampost #8864 of 126064/22/13 at 5:31am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 1 minute ago
- › FILSON Wool Mackinaw Cruiser Seattle Fit (size small) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...