Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:34 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 591post #8852 of 141144/16/13 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
Thanks guys. Yeah our hoster seems to have been affected by a big hacking effort that has taken over 90 thousand Wordpress websites down worldwide. I'm hoping we will be back up and running soon enough though. Pricks....
Anyway Stitchy that one sold out long ago I'm afraid and I just gave the last one (my own one I kept) to my father in law for a wedding.
that really is crappy. some people are such assholes.post #8853 of 141144/17/13 at 8:41ampost #8854 of 141144/17/13 at 9:09amQuote:
its funny that a lot of mills sell fabric with high silk content as warm weather fabric when in fact silk runs crazy hot.post #8855 of 141144/17/13 at 9:13amQuote:
Is this true of any weave? Is raw silk like dupioni (which I thought was a summer fabric) as hot as other silk? FWIW, there were a few people at Pitti F/W that are now making 100% silk jackets that had kind of a fuzzy finish to them. So it's not that they sell all silk as warm weather fabric.post #8856 of 141144/17/13 at 9:14ampost #8857 of 141144/17/13 at 9:24ampost #8858 of 141144/17/13 at 9:27amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Is this true of any weave? Is raw silk like dupioni (which I thought was a summer fabric) as hot as other silk? FWIW, there were a few people at Pitti F/W that are now making 100% silk jackets that had kind of a fuzzy finish to them. So it's not that they sell all silk as warm weather fabric.
don't know about raw silk. It seems to be a more open weave so it may work well in warm weather.post #8859 of 141144/17/13 at 9:29amThread Starterpost #8860 of 141144/17/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Oh, yeah, I found that out the hard way last summer. That stuff is really hot. I was talking about the tie when I said 50% silk 50% linen though, the coat is made of wool (11oz, so it's starting to run warm).
I'm beginning to wonder what to ask for as a lining on my summer coats. I'd get them with just a little lining at the shoulders if I could, but the sleeves must be lined, apparently - and the lining makes me sweat like a mofo. Silk is warm and so are synthetics...
Edited by RDiaz - 4/17/13 at 9:59ampost #8861 of 141144/17/13 at 9:51ampost #8862 of 141144/17/13 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
was wondering if this would be considered a summer tie as well. wool, but unlined and lighter in color and weight. thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It doesn't look like a summer tie to me, which isn't to say you shouldn't wear it in the summer.post #8863 of 141144/17/13 at 10:18ampost #8864 of 141144/22/13 at 5:31ampost #8865 of 141144/22/13 at 7:04am
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Serial Podcast 20 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 12 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 14 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding