Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:40 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 588
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8807 of 139964/13/13 at 10:37ampost #8808 of 139964/13/13 at 11:08amQuote:
I like this. But you need to fix the tie as well as the square. But you're at a dinner so you're excused.post #8809 of 139964/13/13 at 11:13ampost #8810 of 139964/13/13 at 11:41ampost #8811 of 139964/13/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
In the kitchen at Per Se. Suit is Smiths Mohair courtesy of Ercoles. Tie is a silver/grey/blue glen check. Edit: forgive the inconsistent pocket orientation, I guess I tucked one in at some point.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking good! Make sure you update us on the wine in the wine thread.post #8812 of 139964/13/13 at 1:35pmAxelman, not bad. Would love it more with a blue shirt!
Acrid, nice arm candy (which is always in good taste ).
To the rest of you who posted in the last couple pages, please study the first 20 pages of this thread closely and then look at JPHardy's recent posts; you will find these specimens highly instructive. It's not about "falling in line"; it's about learning some very useful rules of the road from a few men who have near-impeccable style. You will revolt at first and then eventually realize that these men are trying to teach you something.post #8813 of 139964/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #8814 of 139964/13/13 at 1:56pmpost #8815 of 139964/13/13 at 2:08pmThanks guys. I have very rarely wear white shirts, blue seems to almost always be preferable. However, with this outfit, I always reach for white. I looked back at Manton's white shirt thread the other day and it confirmed my suspicion - blue suit, wedding tie, black shoes = white shirt.post #8816 of 139964/13/13 at 5:06pm
I want a SC of that colour.Quote:Originally Posted by aravenel
They aren't. This guy just seems to think that his neon shirts and tie make him look good.
It's about a monthly cycle where new member pops up, throws a bunch of garbage in the thread, then complains when told it's not in the spirit of the thread. Then starts arguing about "what is good taste anyways?" and "you all look like you are wearing uniforms", blah blah blah. Exact same arguments that have been had one hundred times.
We need a DH to clean this shit up again. Sigh.
Exactly. Luvdabass there are some other threads in which you won't be criticized about what you wear. Come to those, this is a mean thread.
PS. My post is no intended as criticism, it's more like an invitation. I have never posted in his thread.post #8817 of 139964/13/13 at 5:15pmThread Starterpost #8818 of 139964/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #8819 of 139964/13/13 at 7:31pmQuote:
Hah! It's not too low -- but not too high, either. If it had notch lapels, the gorge would be pushing too low, but I reckon on peak it's still okay, because of how they point up. As for '89, I think you have the decade right but I'd place it a few years earlier.
Any thoughts on the combination, besides the shirt? If I had a better blue poplin shirt (with matching collar), and a better gray suit (probably SB), would it be a mistake to wear the same tie and square?post #8820 of 139964/13/13 at 7:31pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Foo shops for a Japanese knife 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › Suit Jacket fit critique 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Herringbone Sydney suit 38R 10 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories