Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 10:47 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 588
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8807 of 139494/13/13 at 10:37ampost #8808 of 139494/13/13 at 11:08amQuote:
I like this. But you need to fix the tie as well as the square. But you're at a dinner so you're excused.post #8809 of 139494/13/13 at 11:13ampost #8810 of 139494/13/13 at 11:41ampost #8811 of 139494/13/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
In the kitchen at Per Se. Suit is Smiths Mohair courtesy of Ercoles. Tie is a silver/grey/blue glen check. Edit: forgive the inconsistent pocket orientation, I guess I tucked one in at some point.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking good! Make sure you update us on the wine in the wine thread.post #8812 of 139494/13/13 at 1:35pmAxelman, not bad. Would love it more with a blue shirt!
Acrid, nice arm candy (which is always in good taste ).
To the rest of you who posted in the last couple pages, please study the first 20 pages of this thread closely and then look at JPHardy's recent posts; you will find these specimens highly instructive. It's not about "falling in line"; it's about learning some very useful rules of the road from a few men who have near-impeccable style. You will revolt at first and then eventually realize that these men are trying to teach you something.post #8813 of 139494/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #8814 of 139494/13/13 at 1:56pmpost #8815 of 139494/13/13 at 2:08pmThanks guys. I have very rarely wear white shirts, blue seems to almost always be preferable. However, with this outfit, I always reach for white. I looked back at Manton's white shirt thread the other day and it confirmed my suspicion - blue suit, wedding tie, black shoes = white shirt.post #8816 of 139494/13/13 at 5:06pm
I want a SC of that colour.Quote:Originally Posted by aravenel
They aren't. This guy just seems to think that his neon shirts and tie make him look good.
It's about a monthly cycle where new member pops up, throws a bunch of garbage in the thread, then complains when told it's not in the spirit of the thread. Then starts arguing about "what is good taste anyways?" and "you all look like you are wearing uniforms", blah blah blah. Exact same arguments that have been had one hundred times.
We need a DH to clean this shit up again. Sigh.
Exactly. Luvdabass there are some other threads in which you won't be criticized about what you wear. Come to those, this is a mean thread.
PS. My post is no intended as criticism, it's more like an invitation. I have never posted in his thread.post #8817 of 139494/13/13 at 5:15pmThread Starterpost #8818 of 139494/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #8819 of 139494/13/13 at 7:31pmQuote:
Hah! It's not too low -- but not too high, either. If it had notch lapels, the gorge would be pushing too low, but I reckon on peak it's still okay, because of how they point up. As for '89, I think you have the decade right but I'd place it a few years earlier.
Any thoughts on the combination, besides the shirt? If I had a better blue poplin shirt (with matching collar), and a better gray suit (probably SB), would it be a mistake to wear the same tie and square?post #8820 of 139494/13/13 at 7:31pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D... 3 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...