Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:00 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 588
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8807 of 139084/13/13 at 10:37ampost #8808 of 139084/13/13 at 11:08amQuote:
I like this. But you need to fix the tie as well as the square. But you're at a dinner so you're excused.post #8809 of 139084/13/13 at 11:13ampost #8810 of 139084/13/13 at 11:41ampost #8811 of 139084/13/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
In the kitchen at Per Se. Suit is Smiths Mohair courtesy of Ercoles. Tie is a silver/grey/blue glen check. Edit: forgive the inconsistent pocket orientation, I guess I tucked one in at some point.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking good! Make sure you update us on the wine in the wine thread.post #8812 of 139084/13/13 at 1:35pmAxelman, not bad. Would love it more with a blue shirt!
Acrid, nice arm candy (which is always in good taste ).
To the rest of you who posted in the last couple pages, please study the first 20 pages of this thread closely and then look at JPHardy's recent posts; you will find these specimens highly instructive. It's not about "falling in line"; it's about learning some very useful rules of the road from a few men who have near-impeccable style. You will revolt at first and then eventually realize that these men are trying to teach you something.post #8813 of 139084/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #8814 of 139084/13/13 at 1:56pmpost #8815 of 139084/13/13 at 2:08pmThanks guys. I have very rarely wear white shirts, blue seems to almost always be preferable. However, with this outfit, I always reach for white. I looked back at Manton's white shirt thread the other day and it confirmed my suspicion - blue suit, wedding tie, black shoes = white shirt.post #8816 of 139084/13/13 at 5:06pm
I want a SC of that colour.Quote:Originally Posted by aravenel
They aren't. This guy just seems to think that his neon shirts and tie make him look good.
It's about a monthly cycle where new member pops up, throws a bunch of garbage in the thread, then complains when told it's not in the spirit of the thread. Then starts arguing about "what is good taste anyways?" and "you all look like you are wearing uniforms", blah blah blah. Exact same arguments that have been had one hundred times.
We need a DH to clean this shit up again. Sigh.
Exactly. Luvdabass there are some other threads in which you won't be criticized about what you wear. Come to those, this is a mean thread.
PS. My post is no intended as criticism, it's more like an invitation. I have never posted in his thread.post #8817 of 139084/13/13 at 5:15pmThread Starterpost #8818 of 139084/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #8819 of 139084/13/13 at 7:31pmQuote:
Hah! It's not too low -- but not too high, either. If it had notch lapels, the gorge would be pushing too low, but I reckon on peak it's still okay, because of how they point up. As for '89, I think you have the decade right but I'd place it a few years earlier.
Any thoughts on the combination, besides the shirt? If I had a better blue poplin shirt (with matching collar), and a better gray suit (probably SB), would it be a mistake to wear the same tie and square?post #8820 of 139084/13/13 at 7:31pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 28 seconds ago
- › DIY Conditioner Recipe for Alligator Leather? 48 seconds ago
- › Wedding Attire for Guest where "church clothes" will be the norm... 1 minute ago
- › Show me your shirt and tie! 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena,... 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...