Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 588
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8807 of 126034/13/13 at 10:37ampost #8808 of 126034/13/13 at 11:08amQuote:
I like this. But you need to fix the tie as well as the square. But you're at a dinner so you're excused.post #8809 of 126034/13/13 at 11:13ampost #8810 of 126034/13/13 at 11:41ampost #8811 of 126034/13/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
In the kitchen at Per Se. Suit is Smiths Mohair courtesy of Ercoles. Tie is a silver/grey/blue glen check. Edit: forgive the inconsistent pocket orientation, I guess I tucked one in at some point.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking good! Make sure you update us on the wine in the wine thread.post #8812 of 126034/13/13 at 1:35pmAxelman, not bad. Would love it more with a blue shirt!
Acrid, nice arm candy (which is always in good taste ).
To the rest of you who posted in the last couple pages, please study the first 20 pages of this thread closely and then look at JPHardy's recent posts; you will find these specimens highly instructive. It's not about "falling in line"; it's about learning some very useful rules of the road from a few men who have near-impeccable style. You will revolt at first and then eventually realize that these men are trying to teach you something.post #8813 of 126034/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #8814 of 126034/13/13 at 1:56pmpost #8815 of 126034/13/13 at 2:08pmThanks guys. I have very rarely wear white shirts, blue seems to almost always be preferable. However, with this outfit, I always reach for white. I looked back at Manton's white shirt thread the other day and it confirmed my suspicion - blue suit, wedding tie, black shoes = white shirt.post #8816 of 126034/13/13 at 5:06pm
I want a SC of that colour.Quote:Originally Posted by aravenel
They aren't. This guy just seems to think that his neon shirts and tie make him look good.
It's about a monthly cycle where new member pops up, throws a bunch of garbage in the thread, then complains when told it's not in the spirit of the thread. Then starts arguing about "what is good taste anyways?" and "you all look like you are wearing uniforms", blah blah blah. Exact same arguments that have been had one hundred times.
We need a DH to clean this shit up again. Sigh.
Exactly. Luvdabass there are some other threads in which you won't be criticized about what you wear. Come to those, this is a mean thread.
PS. My post is no intended as criticism, it's more like an invitation. I have never posted in his thread.post #8817 of 126034/13/13 at 5:15pmThread Starterpost #8818 of 126034/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #8819 of 126034/13/13 at 7:31pmQuote:
Hah! It's not too low -- but not too high, either. If it had notch lapels, the gorge would be pushing too low, but I reckon on peak it's still okay, because of how they point up. As for '89, I think you have the decade right but I'd place it a few years earlier.
Any thoughts on the combination, besides the shirt? If I had a better blue poplin shirt (with matching collar), and a better gray suit (probably SB), would it be a mistake to wear the same tie and square?post #8820 of 126034/13/13 at 7:31pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Viberg Boots 41 seconds ago
- › Eton Shirts, Size 16 and one 15.5 All Brand New MSRP 260 Red... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 19th September 2014: Brown tie without a staple... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)