Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 588
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8807 of 135894/13/13 at 10:37ampost #8808 of 135894/13/13 at 11:08amQuote:
I like this. But you need to fix the tie as well as the square. But you're at a dinner so you're excused.post #8809 of 135894/13/13 at 11:13ampost #8810 of 135894/13/13 at 11:41ampost #8811 of 135894/13/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
In the kitchen at Per Se. Suit is Smiths Mohair courtesy of Ercoles. Tie is a silver/grey/blue glen check. Edit: forgive the inconsistent pocket orientation, I guess I tucked one in at some point.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking good! Make sure you update us on the wine in the wine thread.post #8812 of 135894/13/13 at 1:35pmAxelman, not bad. Would love it more with a blue shirt!
Acrid, nice arm candy (which is always in good taste ).
To the rest of you who posted in the last couple pages, please study the first 20 pages of this thread closely and then look at JPHardy's recent posts; you will find these specimens highly instructive. It's not about "falling in line"; it's about learning some very useful rules of the road from a few men who have near-impeccable style. You will revolt at first and then eventually realize that these men are trying to teach you something.post #8813 of 135894/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #8814 of 135894/13/13 at 1:56pmpost #8815 of 135894/13/13 at 2:08pmThanks guys. I have very rarely wear white shirts, blue seems to almost always be preferable. However, with this outfit, I always reach for white. I looked back at Manton's white shirt thread the other day and it confirmed my suspicion - blue suit, wedding tie, black shoes = white shirt.post #8816 of 135894/13/13 at 5:06pm
I want a SC of that colour.Quote:Originally Posted by aravenel
They aren't. This guy just seems to think that his neon shirts and tie make him look good.
It's about a monthly cycle where new member pops up, throws a bunch of garbage in the thread, then complains when told it's not in the spirit of the thread. Then starts arguing about "what is good taste anyways?" and "you all look like you are wearing uniforms", blah blah blah. Exact same arguments that have been had one hundred times.
We need a DH to clean this shit up again. Sigh.
Exactly. Luvdabass there are some other threads in which you won't be criticized about what you wear. Come to those, this is a mean thread.
PS. My post is no intended as criticism, it's more like an invitation. I have never posted in his thread.post #8817 of 135894/13/13 at 5:15pmThread Starterpost #8818 of 135894/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #8819 of 135894/13/13 at 7:31pmQuote:
Hah! It's not too low -- but not too high, either. If it had notch lapels, the gorge would be pushing too low, but I reckon on peak it's still okay, because of how they point up. As for '89, I think you have the decade right but I'd place it a few years earlier.
Any thoughts on the combination, besides the shirt? If I had a better blue poplin shirt (with matching collar), and a better gray suit (probably SB), would it be a mistake to wear the same tie and square?post #8820 of 135894/13/13 at 7:31pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Why i will never buy from Oki Ni again. 17 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Last Drop: RRL Khaki Cotton Twill Barn Jacket - size small 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Valentini /Mabitex/Incotex, Size 30-32 (Price includes shipping... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Verse 9 Neckwear 6 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...