Too monochrome, needs something bright, to make it pop!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 581post #8701 of 126024/5/13 at 2:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8702 of 126024/5/13 at 2:03pmpost #8703 of 126024/5/13 at 2:36pmpost #8704 of 126024/5/13 at 3:43pmpost #8705 of 126024/5/13 at 7:14pmpost #8706 of 126024/5/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Anything that is very crisp will ultimately lead to faster fraying. Think of brittle bones, mohair and so on. It creases so well, it soon breaks. Also, stay away, (I know it will be hard after the Riva) from very fine yarns. Over 120's is off limits. 2/100 is good. My one shirt is made with 3/80's.
My linen have been holding up for quite a few years. I only wear them in the summer though. And they soften with wear. I do have a pair of linen pants that I like a lot and am wearing down the seat quite thin. I'll have to find a replacement soon.post #8707 of 126024/5/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by ord65
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yeah, not really working for me, especially with a blue shirt. But, thank you for doing that.
EDIT: I just saw this:Quote:Originally Posted by ord65
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This solidifies my resistance to wearing a blue shirt with that tie. I am interested in hearing others' thoughts, though.post #8708 of 126024/5/13 at 8:24pmpost #8709 of 126024/5/13 at 8:33pmpost #8710 of 126024/5/13 at 8:36pmpost #8711 of 126024/5/13 at 8:59pmpost #8712 of 126024/5/13 at 10:49pmpost #8713 of 126024/6/13 at 12:48pmpost #8714 of 126024/6/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
Here is the original with just the PS. Although the creme doesn't work with the white shirt now I actually think something like this with a little yellow/gold could help the tie "blend" a little. However, I seem to remember you don't like pocket squares beyond white linen.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Jobs for Whites: rent yourself to be a fake businessman in China 14 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 15 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 54 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)