Too monochrome, needs something bright, to make it pop!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 581post #8701 of 126754/5/13 at 2:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8702 of 126754/5/13 at 2:03pmpost #8703 of 126754/5/13 at 2:36pmpost #8704 of 126754/5/13 at 3:43pmpost #8705 of 126754/5/13 at 7:14pmpost #8706 of 126754/5/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Anything that is very crisp will ultimately lead to faster fraying. Think of brittle bones, mohair and so on. It creases so well, it soon breaks. Also, stay away, (I know it will be hard after the Riva) from very fine yarns. Over 120's is off limits. 2/100 is good. My one shirt is made with 3/80's.
My linen have been holding up for quite a few years. I only wear them in the summer though. And they soften with wear. I do have a pair of linen pants that I like a lot and am wearing down the seat quite thin. I'll have to find a replacement soon.post #8707 of 126754/5/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by ord65
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yeah, not really working for me, especially with a blue shirt. But, thank you for doing that.
EDIT: I just saw this:Quote:Originally Posted by ord65
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This solidifies my resistance to wearing a blue shirt with that tie. I am interested in hearing others' thoughts, though.post #8708 of 126754/5/13 at 8:24pmpost #8709 of 126754/5/13 at 8:33pmpost #8710 of 126754/5/13 at 8:36pmpost #8711 of 126754/5/13 at 8:59pmpost #8712 of 126754/5/13 at 10:49pmpost #8713 of 126754/6/13 at 12:48pmpost #8714 of 126754/6/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
Here is the original with just the PS. Although the creme doesn't work with the white shirt now I actually think something like this with a little yellow/gold could help the tie "blend" a little. However, I seem to remember you don't like pocket squares beyond white linen.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Altering an oversized brooks brothers suit? 2 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 6 minutes ago
- › April in Paris Coat Wallet 11 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 15 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...