Too monochrome, needs something bright, to make it pop!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:48 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:44 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:28 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 581post #8701 of 139494/5/13 at 2:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8702 of 139494/5/13 at 2:03pmpost #8703 of 139494/5/13 at 2:36pmpost #8704 of 139494/5/13 at 3:43pmpost #8705 of 139494/5/13 at 7:14pmpost #8706 of 139494/5/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Anything that is very crisp will ultimately lead to faster fraying. Think of brittle bones, mohair and so on. It creases so well, it soon breaks. Also, stay away, (I know it will be hard after the Riva) from very fine yarns. Over 120's is off limits. 2/100 is good. My one shirt is made with 3/80's.
My linen have been holding up for quite a few years. I only wear them in the summer though. And they soften with wear. I do have a pair of linen pants that I like a lot and am wearing down the seat quite thin. I'll have to find a replacement soon.post #8707 of 139494/5/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by ord65
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yeah, not really working for me, especially with a blue shirt. But, thank you for doing that.
EDIT: I just saw this:Quote:Originally Posted by ord65
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This solidifies my resistance to wearing a blue shirt with that tie. I am interested in hearing others' thoughts, though.post #8708 of 139494/5/13 at 8:24pmpost #8709 of 139494/5/13 at 8:33pmpost #8710 of 139494/5/13 at 8:36pmpost #8711 of 139494/5/13 at 8:59pmpost #8712 of 139494/5/13 at 10:49pmpost #8713 of 139494/6/13 at 12:48pmpost #8714 of 139494/6/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
Here is the original with just the PS. Although the creme doesn't work with the white shirt now I actually think something like this with a little yellow/gold could help the tie "blend" a little. However, I seem to remember you don't like pocket squares beyond white linen.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 43 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...