Too monochrome, needs something bright, to make it pop!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 581post #8701 of 139084/5/13 at 2:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8702 of 139084/5/13 at 2:03pmpost #8703 of 139084/5/13 at 2:36pmpost #8704 of 139084/5/13 at 3:43pmpost #8705 of 139084/5/13 at 7:14pmpost #8706 of 139084/5/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Anything that is very crisp will ultimately lead to faster fraying. Think of brittle bones, mohair and so on. It creases so well, it soon breaks. Also, stay away, (I know it will be hard after the Riva) from very fine yarns. Over 120's is off limits. 2/100 is good. My one shirt is made with 3/80's.
My linen have been holding up for quite a few years. I only wear them in the summer though. And they soften with wear. I do have a pair of linen pants that I like a lot and am wearing down the seat quite thin. I'll have to find a replacement soon.post #8707 of 139084/5/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by ord65
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yeah, not really working for me, especially with a blue shirt. But, thank you for doing that.
EDIT: I just saw this:Quote:Originally Posted by ord65
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This solidifies my resistance to wearing a blue shirt with that tie. I am interested in hearing others' thoughts, though.post #8708 of 139084/5/13 at 8:24pmpost #8709 of 139084/5/13 at 8:33pmpost #8710 of 139084/5/13 at 8:36pmpost #8711 of 139084/5/13 at 8:59pmpost #8712 of 139084/5/13 at 10:49pmpost #8713 of 139084/6/13 at 12:48pmpost #8714 of 139084/6/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
Here is the original with just the PS. Although the creme doesn't work with the white shirt now I actually think something like this with a little yellow/gold could help the tie "blend" a little. However, I seem to remember you don't like pocket squares beyond white linen.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Alden George Boot Chukka Shell Cordovan Size 8D 46 seconds ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Visvim Elmendorf A2 replica black XL 25 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 32 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...